Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

I would tell my self to take college seriously. To take time out to enjoy my friends and family now. To be prepared to work hard because college is not the laid back party time your told it is. I would tell my self that anything is possible and if you belive you can succeed. I would also tell my self that you should listen to your parents and not try to gorw up to fast. When your in high school and going in to college you are always told these are the best days of your life stop and enjoy them you don't have to be an adult yet so top trying to be. At that time you really don't understand it and often try to grow up faster. Looking back at all my parents and teachers advice i would say listen to them. They know what they are talking about and all though you don't realize it now in a few short years you will and you don't want any regrets.

Someone who is focused and knows what they want to do they need to be hard working and dedicated. They need to know when is the time for work and when you really have to buckle down and work hard.

The professors tend to be more strict so you do not have as much freedom as you would at some colleges. Also I don't live on campu but I here that there is not much of a social world here.

Brenda

I got pregnant my freshman year in high school at age 14. I missed prom, I missed all the fun things that a teenager should enjoy. Instead of being a cheer leader, I was a mom, in school, and working. Life teaches us many lessons - I can't say that I would change anything. I don't condone teen pregnancy, but I am proud to say my daughter just completed her bachelors in engineering at University of IL and is pursuing a masters. Since my daughter is on her path, I thought to finish my journey and get my bachelors. . If I could talk to myself during my high school years (in order to prep for college), I would have encouraged myself to finish college when it was $26 a credit hour as opposed to $600 an hour now.

I brag about the prestige of Lewis University. It's similar to telling someone you drive a Mercedes. I say "I attend Lewis" and people are like '"WOW!".

A person who is not serious about their education should not attend Lewis. A person who is not open to new experiences should not attend Lewis.

Shannon

It's nursing and aviation programs, and for being a catholic and lasalian university.

It's small, only about 30-35 students per class.

Re-take the ACT and try and get a higher score. Apply for more scholorships. Don't pick a major right away. Don't worry about taking AP tests, because most of the credits earned for them don't transfer over or let you not take certain classes, so save your money and don't bother with them. Adopt better study habits!

Marek

My university is best known for Aviation and Nursing.

My university is best known for Aviation and Nursing.

I If I could have made some suggestions and give myself some advice for my senior year in high school I would definitely work harder in all my classes and I would take a lot more honors and AP classes. These classes would prepare me for college. The honors and AP classes are structured more like a college class and the atmosphere is the same. The expectations are a lot higher, and you really have to work in these classes to pass. This same principle applies in college, but here in the high school you can prepare for the college atmosphere. Taking more of honors and AP classes in high school would help me make the transition a lot smoother and easier. This would be because I would be already used to the college atmosphere and work at an early is. The bottom line is work harder in senior year and don?t give up.

I would brag the most about the atmosphere at the University. Everyone is very friendly and they are very helpful. The classes are small and the teachers are great. Lewis University is a great private school.

Jasmine

I would tell myself to take care of my health, as it is of utmost importance. Having suffered from then-undiagnosed bipolar disorder and an eating disorder, my health was in a precarious state for years and I nearly died. I would tell myself to reach out and get the help I needed. I would also tell myself to pursue my goals rather than listen to well-meaning people and pursue what they wanted me to do. Because i wanted to please others, I changed majors more than once. One of those majors, nursing, changed my life forever. If i could go back in time, I would major in English and attend a four-year university. Because of my circumstances, I am still rebuilding my life. Due to the medical help I receive, I am much healthier now. I am in better shape to achieve what I want. My goal is to return to school in January 2010 and complete my Bachelor's degree in English. Even though I am 26, I still believe I can graduate with a degree and work towards being a book editor.

Tomasz

This school is very focused on students. Each student here has alot of resources available to allow him/her to succeed. The professors are very helpful and eager to help each individual student.

I would tell myself to enroll in a community college in order to get accustomed to college and save a lot of money. I would than recommend that I look into 4 year universities with a well known business program. Once I know what school that would be, I should see what classes I can take at the community college that will transfer directly to the 4 year university so that I'm not wasting my time and can finish my undergraduate degree as quickly as possible. Lastly, I would strongly encourage myself to not drop any classes and take a class during summer break in order to graduate a semester or two earlier and save myself tuition costs.

The prerequistes to many of the courses I'm enrolled in now.

Gina

Given that all colleges require hard work, Lewis is a very dedicated and encouraging school. The work load isn't small, but it is managable. Don't get discouraged by the intensity of your major. There are a myriad of teachers and advisers there to help you and to keep you focused on the big picture. Take advantage of the vast resources the university has to offer. Open your mind to the people you will meet and the immense learning opportunities there are - college is what you make of it. Going away to college is a right of passage. Enjoy it and don't take it for granted. Be excited at the possibilities that lie in front of you, and savor the memories. Time goes by fast, so don't waste it wishing for change. Be grateful for this opportunity, and use the knowledge you gain to your best advantage. Study until you can't study anymore. One day you will be glad you did.

This school is focused 100% on education. Teachers and students are completely devoted to learning. I think the small, private campus has something to do with that. I love the housing, too.

The social life is not what I expected. There are lots of commuters so the weekends aren't as fun. There should be more people from out of state and more food choices on campus. Campus needs more variety of sports (i.e. a football team).

Deidra

The best advice I would give myself, assuming I was a high school senior, is stay on top of your work. Allow myself an ample amount of time to get assignments done and realize what is more important, the television/entertainment or my eduaction. Being a senior in high school I was very poplar, but now knowing that popularity does not get your work done and done accurately, I have turned into the biggest nerd. Study! Study! Study! No one is there to pust you to do your work or look over your shoulder to see if it is done correct. Getting good grades pay off. Study! Study! Study! If you have real friends, they will be there when you are done with your work, or there helping you as best as they can; allowing thereselves to be better as well. Nothing is more important than your education.

The best thing I consider about my school is the faculty. The teachers are very direct and keep the subjects very interesting. They are willing to help and have a center, LARC center, that allows you to get free tutoring services in the subjects you may struggle with. They are very personable and allow you to contact them at anytime, via email, if there are any questions or concerns about an assignment or exam.

The most thing I brag about the most is how excellent the programs that my major, Multimedia Production, offers. My teachers are very involved with the students that are committed to the program. They focus a lot on the students, and have a lot of background with journalism as well as the multimedia industry.

Anne

It has a religious aspect to it, which is something I love. It is also very small comparred to the other schools that I applied to. It's easy to get from one place to another on campus. :)

During my first semester of college, I chose to stay in my room a lot instead of getting out there and meeting people! If I could go back, I would tell myself to enjoy the experience and to come out of my personal bubble. It is hard to start at a whole new school where you don't know anybody. In order to surpass that, you must go the extra mile to make friends and get involved in all of the activities that are offered. It will make your experience at college unforgettable.

Someone who should attend this school should be willing to work hard and to be open to being surrounded by a diverse community. He/she should also be someone who prefers a smaller school. Religion is also very important at this school. Therefore, you should be open to learning more about religion or prefer to attend a school that encourages it.

Ayana

I believe that Lewis is best known for it's programs in Aviation. Whenever this school is mentioned people automatically know this school as "the airplane school."

Lewis University is very unique because it is one of the most diverse colleges that I considered attending. Also, because Lewis is extremely small it resembles a small town where everyone knows everyone.

During my senior year I received lots of advice from many different people about what college life would be like. A great deal of these people told me that I should apply for as many scholarships as possible in order to pay for college. Of course as a high school senior extremely excited to graduate I never took heed to this advice. Knowing what I know now about the rough economy and the expensive cost of education I would most definitely go back in time and stress the importance of applying for scholarships to myself. I believe this is something that should be stressed to all high school seniors making the transition into college life.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.