Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Tomasz

This school is very focused on students. Each student here has alot of resources available to allow him/her to succeed. The professors are very helpful and eager to help each individual student.

I would tell myself to enroll in a community college in order to get accustomed to college and save a lot of money. I would than recommend that I look into 4 year universities with a well known business program. Once I know what school that would be, I should see what classes I can take at the community college that will transfer directly to the 4 year university so that I'm not wasting my time and can finish my undergraduate degree as quickly as possible. Lastly, I would strongly encourage myself to not drop any classes and take a class during summer break in order to graduate a semester or two earlier and save myself tuition costs.

The prerequistes to many of the courses I'm enrolled in now.

Gina

Given that all colleges require hard work, Lewis is a very dedicated and encouraging school. The work load isn't small, but it is managable. Don't get discouraged by the intensity of your major. There are a myriad of teachers and advisers there to help you and to keep you focused on the big picture. Take advantage of the vast resources the university has to offer. Open your mind to the people you will meet and the immense learning opportunities there are - college is what you make of it. Going away to college is a right of passage. Enjoy it and don't take it for granted. Be excited at the possibilities that lie in front of you, and savor the memories. Time goes by fast, so don't waste it wishing for change. Be grateful for this opportunity, and use the knowledge you gain to your best advantage. Study until you can't study anymore. One day you will be glad you did.

This school is focused 100% on education. Teachers and students are completely devoted to learning. I think the small, private campus has something to do with that. I love the housing, too.

The social life is not what I expected. There are lots of commuters so the weekends aren't as fun. There should be more people from out of state and more food choices on campus. Campus needs more variety of sports (i.e. a football team).

Deidra

The best advice I would give myself, assuming I was a high school senior, is stay on top of your work. Allow myself an ample amount of time to get assignments done and realize what is more important, the television/entertainment or my eduaction. Being a senior in high school I was very poplar, but now knowing that popularity does not get your work done and done accurately, I have turned into the biggest nerd. Study! Study! Study! No one is there to pust you to do your work or look over your shoulder to see if it is done correct. Getting good grades pay off. Study! Study! Study! If you have real friends, they will be there when you are done with your work, or there helping you as best as they can; allowing thereselves to be better as well. Nothing is more important than your education.

The best thing I consider about my school is the faculty. The teachers are very direct and keep the subjects very interesting. They are willing to help and have a center, LARC center, that allows you to get free tutoring services in the subjects you may struggle with. They are very personable and allow you to contact them at anytime, via email, if there are any questions or concerns about an assignment or exam.

The most thing I brag about the most is how excellent the programs that my major, Multimedia Production, offers. My teachers are very involved with the students that are committed to the program. They focus a lot on the students, and have a lot of background with journalism as well as the multimedia industry.

Anne

It has a religious aspect to it, which is something I love. It is also very small comparred to the other schools that I applied to. It's easy to get from one place to another on campus. :)

During my first semester of college, I chose to stay in my room a lot instead of getting out there and meeting people! If I could go back, I would tell myself to enjoy the experience and to come out of my personal bubble. It is hard to start at a whole new school where you don't know anybody. In order to surpass that, you must go the extra mile to make friends and get involved in all of the activities that are offered. It will make your experience at college unforgettable.

Someone who should attend this school should be willing to work hard and to be open to being surrounded by a diverse community. He/she should also be someone who prefers a smaller school. Religion is also very important at this school. Therefore, you should be open to learning more about religion or prefer to attend a school that encourages it.

Ayana

I believe that Lewis is best known for it's programs in Aviation. Whenever this school is mentioned people automatically know this school as "the airplane school."

Lewis University is very unique because it is one of the most diverse colleges that I considered attending. Also, because Lewis is extremely small it resembles a small town where everyone knows everyone.

During my senior year I received lots of advice from many different people about what college life would be like. A great deal of these people told me that I should apply for as many scholarships as possible in order to pay for college. Of course as a high school senior extremely excited to graduate I never took heed to this advice. Knowing what I know now about the rough economy and the expensive cost of education I would most definitely go back in time and stress the importance of applying for scholarships to myself. I believe this is something that should be stressed to all high school seniors making the transition into college life.

Catherine

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would have told myself to attend a junior college first. The reason why I would say that is because it is very cost efficient and it saves a lot of time. I believe that I could have received better grades in my classes, finished my prerequisite classes on time, and would have had a better chance of getting accepted to a BSN program sooner.

The one thing I wish I had known before applying to this school was how there were limited spots open in their nursing program. Since I transferred to Lewis, there were certain classes that had to be fulfilled at the actual university and nowhere else before starting the nursing courses. I was taken by surprise because i had fufilled all my prerequisites and that I wanted to start the program right away, but I was delayed by one semester.

What I brag about the most when I tell my friends about my school is that they have a great nursing program with a 100% passing rate and it's also known for one of the best aviation programs in the state.

Kasmer

Lewis University is small, friendly, and supportive.

Lewis University is small, friendly, and supportive.

Lewis is very unique because of the teacher student relationship you build. All of your teachers will know your name and major by the second week of school and will help you succeed in the class and after graduating. The campus is always in tip top shape. No matter what there is always a tutor for whatever class you need help with around the clock. Even the President of the school walks arounds everyday and donates to organizations and talks to students. Lewis is a home for students away from home.

If I could go back I would tell myself to not be so scared. I would tell myself to open up to people and not be afraid to make new friends and join organizations. Being a Freshmen in College at Lewis isnt had because we have a class dedicated to Freshmen only. I would make sure to remember all my books everyday and just motivate myself to go to class everyday. I wouldve told myself to apply for more scholarship because having financial issues causes stress on your grades. If I would have known what I know now I would have been very relaxed and focused coming to Lewis.

Lewis University is an excellent private school with small classes.

Lewis University is an excellent private school with small classes.

Hind sight really is 20-20. Knowing what I understand now about college, I could talk to high school seniors today and give them a plethora of advice due to my experiences. For example, I would not be so anxious about taking exams and writing papers. I would tell the high school seniors to just do it and not worry about it so much. I would also not be so worried about what major I to choose. Right out of high school, many people including family and co-workers said I would be good this one specific field and that I should obtain a degree that would lead to this field. I followed their instructions. Knowing what I know now, I would thank them for their advice and still pursue what I really wanted to do. with my life. Now that I am older, I know I need to get the degree that I want. The advice I would give to young college students today would be to not let anyone influence their decision in which major to choose. I would advise them to major in something they are interested in and go from there.

The best thing about Lewis Universtiy is that the professors really care about the students because they take so much time to assist them in their learning.

Lewis is very small and close knit. That feeling of community is greatly emphasized. It is also very diverse for being so sma...

Lewis is very small and close knit. That feeling of community is greatly emphasized. It is also very diverse for being so small.

Several of the classes that I took in high school are very close to ones I am taking now. I would reming myself to take better notes and bring them with me to college.

The hours that many of the on campus stores and events take place. The planning does not take into account the students schedules.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.