Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Kasey

If only you could know what is to come. Wait, I know! I?ll tell you! You?re going to finally get involved. You really should have a couple of years ago. What about joining a few groups in your last year though? It?ll help your transition; lord knows it would have helped mine. You?re going to become president of the human rights group! Surprise huh? That?s right, the loner is going to come back swinging. Don?t believe me? Just wait and see. Oh, you?re still teaching music too by the way! Keep practicing also; you?re going to get to play for school ceremonies and pick up gigs at receptions in the area. Why haven?t you gotten a doctor?s appointment yet? Do you know tests and vaccinations that you need? No? I didn?t think so, because either did, sure wish I did though, it would have saved a month long delay. Your girlfriend is not your fianc?e?, realize it before you separate and it?ll be more civil. Most importantly old friend, tell the fam. you love ?em before you leave, and don?t lose touch with real friends.

Not enough money goes into helping the flight students. The wireless internet is awful.

Somebody who likes large schools or somebody who isn't open to catholic ideas. Not that one has to be Catholic, I'm not, but you have to be able to deal with the ideas because you will hear them alot and must take a couple of classes.

Seleny

Lewis University is best known for there aviation and nursing program.

Lewis University is best known for there aviation and nursing program.

If I were to have the ability to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would really push myself into trying harder. I would tell myself to take harder classes and take advantage of every opportunity I get. I would also encourage myself to try harder in all my class?s and put more effort into them. Although I got straight A?s I felt as if I slacked off a bit. I would look into different study habits to find one that fits me best. Another big aspect would have to be invest more of my time reading and writing. This as well as my study habits are the main things that I have noticed are bringing me down.

The main thing I brag about the most when I talk to them about my school would be that the campus is beautiful. The surrondings are nice and also that the classes are small and just right for me. It is a good environment very different from home and away from the drama and violence.

My classmates are are very different individuals and they usually all have the same goal in mind.

Knowing what I know now about college, I would tell myself to stay focused on classes! Make sure you keep the syllabus and look at it daily to know when assignments are due. Those pieces of paper are like the Bibles of the class. Make sure you do your homework before staying up all night to watch movies with your friends. Also, you don?t have to go out every single weekend. It is ok to stay in and relax and do some work ahead of time. Please don?t wait until the last minute to do work because you will stress yourself out. Go to the Student Union often and attend organization meetings. Stay involved in a positive way. Remember, just because you don?t know someone, that doesn?t mean they don?t know you. This is a small school and words travel fast! Keep your business to yourself. However, the most important advice I can myself, is to have fun, but not too much fun. Remember you have a younger sister watching your every move, and a mother who wants nothing but to be proud of you!

The worst thing about my school has to be the weekends. Everyone packs up and goes home, leaving the school empty. boring, and depressing.

Chante

My school is best known for its Aviation program. Also, Lewis University is known for its generosity in faith and support to its community and students.

I would say to myself two things, look for the money and you are responsible for you! Exploring various ways to pay for college is extremely important. While subsidized and unsubsidized loans help and student credit cards will be easily available, emphasis on easily, the long term debt may not be worth it. There are far more ways to get grant money and scholarships, based on everything from basket weaving to academic merit, than I would have ever thought possible. Save the loans and credit cards for emergency situations and last resorts if possible. The transition from high school to college is like walking a tight rope from one side to the other suspended over a river. It takes preparation, balance and the right resources to make it. Without these the potential to be swept away by the current below increases. Do research about your school, have fun but remember no one will be there to tell you to get to class in the morning and develop a support system these are the people you can go to if you are unable to figure things out on your own. Highschool gave you the basics college is about applying them!

I wish I had known a little more about the transfer process. I came from a junior college and felt lost when I entered Lewis. I wish there were more resources that helped with the transfer process. I am an adult student, over thirty, work and have a family I am excited about being in an education environment but I wish I would have known most school activities would take place during the week in the middle of the day. I am disappointed I am unable to participate more in school functions.

Alicia

Study a week in advance for exams and invest in an Academic Planner. Also, go to a community college first and transfer to a 4-year school. You will save a lot of money doing so.

Internships that are provided for English majors

The lack of interaction with other students. It is not so welcoming to transfer students.

Jenny

My school is wonderful. I learn things from my school but not just the classroom but outside of the classroom too.

I would tell myself to study more, don't procratinate, and then more then anything don't get distracted. In high school I always waited to do things, and in college even though its my first semester I learned that it makes the project or paper even harder. Also, in high school I always got distracted by others, I'd go out with people and not do my homework. But you do that in college and you get way behind.

A person that should not attend this school would have to be someone that is not serious about continuing their education. School is a place to learn, but if you don't want to learn, then why come. Also, it waste time and money.

Yessenia

I believe that our values, diversity in cultures, and resource we have here at Lewis are unique compare to major state university. Here at Lewis professors know their students by their name not by a number. All student here are allowed in one way or another to get involved with actives in and outside of school. Also, our school president is very involved with all of the students. Not many students can say that they have never talked nor seen our president, brother James.

To Me, Always remember who you are, and how hard you have work to get where you are today. Make sure you contiune to do your best and give it your all because you have been give the opuritnity not many people can get nor can afford. Remember also that school is not cheap, and yes you will struggle, but you will get through because their our ways. Seek grants, scholarship, and money that is out there that you can get and barrow to contiune your education. Also, enjoy this time of your life to the fullest. Get out there and join clubs, invest time in volunteer work, and make new friendships. Always remember what you are here for, and your goal of become a doctor someday. Don't let no one get in your way of your dreams nor for anyone to tell you, "you can't", because everything is possible if you just set your mind to it. Best of luck!

I wish I could of known more about their majors and minors.

Cera-Sierra

If I could go back and visit myself in the past I would give myself key advice on what to expect in college. First, I would tell myself to get a summer job and save up as much money as possible. With the money saved, it could go towards books needed for class. By saving up, I wouldn't have to borrow supplies from others around the school and my studying skills would be better because i would have the books at hand when i needed them. Also, i would tell myself to prepare for a heavier workload. Compared to high school the work in college takes more time and requires great attention. The work isn't something you can do in a matter of seconds; it takes time and careful thinking. Last but not least, have a mind set when coming into college. Set a goal that you plan on accomplishing and carry through with it. There are times when you feel like giving up but just remember what can't kill you can only make you stronger.

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be the tution price. I think it is a little too much especially for students who are on their own and from a family of low income.

I mostly brag about the atmosphere at our school. Everywhere you go people speak, smile and welcome you. The school feels like one big family and I feel like after a couple of years here you would pratically know mor than half the school.

Richard

I can honestly say to myself to not sweat the small things. Playing a sport and attending a college there are plenty of minor things that can go wrong day in and day out. At this point in my life I have figured to have fun and laugh it off. I am looking to have fun every chance I get. I am taking every opportunity at this point and making the best of it. I would also tell myself, be yourself. I have seen many people go to college and completely change who they are as a person. I believe chnge is good, but not when the change is happening because a person is not being themselves. I would finish with have fun, because I do not want to look back at my life with any regrets and the only way I can do that is by having fun with anyone and everyone.

I brag about the people I am able to hang out with here. I found a strong core of friends that I have a great time with ver and over again.

I find myself frustrated with the off campus living that is offered around Lewis University. It is not a college town so it is hard to find a convenient housing situation when moving off campus.

Michelle

Lewis University is a Catholic and Lasalian school that is a close nit community that is safe, clean and fun!

Lewis University is a sanctified zone, has an airport on campus and has an incredible psychology department. It is also much smaller than other schools I considered, it is also Catholic which is very important to me. Religion has been a mojor part of my life, and Lewis has helped me continue my Catholic tradition.

I would tell myself to be better prepared for the rigorous academics of college. Many people go into college and assume that it wont be that difficult, but it is. College life is also all about time management, procrastination can get the best of you! College is full of time consuming activities and distractions. Along with the independence comes lots of responsibilities! Adulthood is slowly approaching and college is supposed to prepare you for the real world, when in reality college is the real world! There are all kinds of different people and new opportunities, to fail or to succeed! Your life is in your hands and what happens depends on how dedicated or lazy you will be! You can't live your life based on the wants and needs of others, take advantage this is your life, make the most of it!

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.