Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Jeremy

If given the chance to go back in time and give myself advice about college I would first tell myself that college is only going be what you make of it, nothing is going to be given to you. I would also tell myself that it will be tough but to never lose focus and to never give up on school. The last advice I would give to my past self is that there will be times where your social life will temp you to give your studies the cold shoulder but you have to understand that education is your number one priority. Your social life will always be there because if you choose the right friends they will understand. A true friend will be a part of your support in doing well in life, and that starts with doing well in school.

I feel that anyone can attend this school. The only obsticle that would stop a person from coming to this school is there commitment to school and the dedication they have for their work.

Ashleigh

My school is unique because it is small and everything is close together. It is a beautiful campus and not dirty at all. The classrooms are all about one on one work. Your not stuck in a class with over a hundred students. It is easier to learn and get great grades.

The advice I would give myself is to get prepared now. Once you get into college, there are no baby steps. The professors expect you to be an expert at doing homework and studying. There is never a time where I get no homework. In senior year, I did not take the homework seriously. I wish now that I would have because it would have made the transition a lot easier.

The kind of person shouldn't attend is someone who is a slacker or messy. You need to work hard to get great grades and it is not easy. Also, we don't want anyone messy because the campus is so beautiful!

Michelle

I would have much to say to myself as a high school senior. First off, I would tell me that I need to stay focused with my academics and put as much effort into my studies and homework. College is a serious matter for the future and I cannot blow it off. Secondly, I would tell myself to interact with everyone on my floor as a freshman, and to keep up with those relationships. There are so many amazing friends I became acquainted with as a college freshman, but when I moved into a different dorm for sophmore year, we all were separated and now I do not see them much anymore. Friends stay around forever in comparison to equations or formulas in my opinion and will keep you going during any life obstacle. Thirdly, I would tell myself that everything I put into my school is what I will get out of it. Use all the resources they have at Lewis from the interactive library to the tutors and study groups. Don't get behind if I don't know it, but go get help. These three pieces of advice are important for my success as a college student.

What I love and consider the best thing about Lewis University are the fellow students I interact with inside and outside of the classroom. Students, whether they commute or live on campus, are so friendly and are easy to strike up a conversation with. We all look out for one another, whether its by opening doors or by helping with homework. The upper classmen deffinitly have helped me personally by giving wonderful advice about college and on how to balance everything.

Lewis University is a smaller populated school in a suburb not too far from Chicago. It is in a centralized location for several etnicities to attend here. The type of student that should attend this school could be someone who wants to focus in a smaller environment with a more interacting relationship with the teacher, due to the small classroom sizes. Interacting with extracurricular activities is a must, because that is almost the only way to interact socially on campus since so many students commute, so friendliness is a much-needed characteristic quality.

Hana

For one, make sure to learn how to manage your time. In college there is so much more expected from you in your classes and it will be very difficult if you don't allow yourself enough time for each class a week to succeed in those classes. Also, make sure to study, study , study! I did really well in highschool sometimes without studying, but that isn't the case in college. Exams are pretty difficult to do well in without studying and some of the material you're responsible for learning on your own. Although I think time managment and studying are most important to be succesful in college, I have to say make sure not to party or go out too much. I know it's very easy to get distracted and go out with new friends and party, but choosing that over your classwork and studying will lead to you not doing well in your classes and it's hard to catch up. College is too expensive to waste your money on classes you'll have to take over again. So make your desicions wisely!

The kind of person that shouldn't attend Lewis University would probabaly be someone who expects to party and be in a "big campus" environment.

I think the worst thing about my school, Lewis University, would be that there isn't much going on during the weekends on campus for the resident students.

Alexandria

If I were to talk to my self as a high school senior, I would tell my self to work even harder and get not only good grades but great grades. I would also tell myself to continue flying and work on my hours towards a private pilots certificate.

I am currently an aviation major. Before I came to Lewis I wish I would have known more about the preperation I could have done with my pilots liscense. I could have came into school as an Avaition Management student and worked on my pilot's ratings at another airport and saved thousands of dollars.

Lewis University is a wonderful school. I constantly brag to my friends that I have an airport right on campus, and about how many activities Lewis offers to its students. A person at Lewis could never say that there is nothing to do and truely mean it. There are always events on campust occuring no matter what day of the week it is.

Lewis University is a great school with many opportunities.

Lewis University is a great school with many opportunities.

If I had the experience and knowledge i do now as a senior in college and I could go back in time as a high school senior, I would have a lot advice to give myself. I would tell myself that the knowledge that you will recieve in college is the most important knowledge you will ever recieve. It will lead you to your future career and your future sucess. The last year in college is not the most important year, all four years are equally important. You need to start now and have your compete focus on school now. The classes you will take are very much focused on your future career, and you will use this knowledge at your future job. You will not be asking the famous high school question of "Where am I ever going to use this?" You will use this knowledge. It will be a very tough four years, but in the end it will all be worth it. Your dedication and hard work will pay off.

Someone shouldn't attend this school if they are not dedicated and hard working.

Heidi

Lewis is a wonderful diverse university where I feel comfortable to live out my faith and where I believe that I can receive the best education for my major.

I believe that sticking to your morals and beliefs is a very helpful but hard thing to do. You control your actions so think about the responsibilities before you act. Self-discipline is a must. Stay focused. Study habits are very important and do not stress over the little things. Study whenever you can. Do not relax too much and take care of your health. Do your homework and do not slack off just because some of the homework is optional. Do not give into the peer pressures of others. Be proud to call yourself a Christrian. Read your Bible and pray at college even if you feel like no one else is. Believe in yourself. God only gives us what we can handle.

The worst thing about my school is that some students take advantage of the freedom that comes from going to college.

Sondra

If I could go back and talk to my younger self as I was making the college choice I would only have a few words to say, considering I have no regrets. I would remind my younger version to send the application in early for a chance to receive a bigger scholarship since I had missed the early date. I would reassure her to not be afraid, to think before she leaps, to follow her heart, and to not worry about peer pressure, since she will be able to handle it fine. Everything happens for a reason; each decision will lead to a learning experience to add to that toolbox we need to be successful. Stay positive, never give up, and use stress and hard work to her advantage to reach the top. If my younger self stays true to who we are as I have done, then she will meet with the same happiness that I have gained.

Any type of person can attend this school as long as they are dedicated to their studies. There is a variety of students with different backgrounds, different personalities, and different goals that attend Lewis University.

If an individual is not dedicated to their studies and just wants to socialize all the time, then they may want to reconsider paying the pricetag just to hang out with friends. There needs to be a balance between school, work, and friends. Lewis will guide students in time management.

Daniel

Lewis University is a very friendly,and safe community for college students.

Lewis University is a very friendly,and safe community for college students.

Lewis University is best known for their Aviation program.

I would of attended more college fairs and campus visits. I would of looked for more finacial aid opportunities and took a workshop about loans and how to pay for college. I would made more friends and took more classes associated with gaining college credit.

Heather

As a senior in high school going into college i will tell myself that college is very challenging. High School is a breeze compared to college. It is a change in life that helps you decide on your future. Professors are there to help you learn the material and teach it to you but it is only up to you to make the effort in doing the homework that is only for your benefit not the professors to grade as points. You are the only person that makes college the way you want it to be and you are the only one that can change who you are. College is all about you. I would consider getting out and meeting people in your dorm or classes if you are a commuter. If you have time depending on your major i would definately get involved and join clubs and sports around your campus. It is all up to you and how you want to make your college life experience. There is time to have fun but then there is time when you really need to work and get the job done.

Based on my experience at Lewis University so far this year i have not found anything that you would consider bad about the school. One thing that i wish was different was since we are a very small school a lot of kids go home on the weekends. I just believe when you go away to college you should live the life of a college student and stay here on campus if you are dorming. Besides that i do not have anything against my school or think that it is completely bad.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.