Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Ashlyn

I find Lewis University overall to be a very nice college. However, it is more focused on nursing and aviation majors. The art department is fairly small, and I feel like I am not getting as great of an education as I could be getting at an art school. Also, the dorm I live in currently is very small. I currently live in a single- dorm, meaning I have my own room. The campus, however, is very peaceful. The students are always saying hi to you when you walk past them, regardless of whether they know you or not. Everyone is very open to make new friends. The majority of the teachers are very hard-working and are committed to see us succeed. I would highly recommend this school, especially if you're a nursing or aviation major.

Asma

Although I was hesitant to attend Lewis University because I knew very few people who were going to attend it as well, the staff, students, and everyone at Lewis made me feel right at home. As a Biology student, it is normal to have piles of homework and studying to do, but the best part about LewisU is that there is always someone there to help in times of need. Whether it be academic help or personal help, Lewis staff is always willing to lend a helping hand. An example of this is we have an academic resource center, a writing center, and if you go to the science building and ask any random person for help on a subject, they will find a whiteboard and teach you on the spot. The campus is beautiful, the buildings are well equipped, and the food is not as bad as one would expect college food to be! I am so pleased with my choice as I have yet to encounter a bad experience at Lewis!

I enjoy the fact that it is a small school. It was between lewis and another school and it is because of lewis' size that i chose it. To professors we are not just another number we are who we are and they care. I have access to so many things on campus which make it so much easier for me being that i am a commuter. I also enjoy the open availability that professors offer to us for any time that we need extra help or a quick run through. The culture of the campus overall is warm and inviting which is better than a big state school.

Kaitlyn

I really like Lewis. As a smaller school it still fits all the social needs and has enough activities to feel like a college, but enough focus and help with academics that make the private tuition price worth it. I feel personally that our campus is up to standards with safety and facilities. The students, professors, and staff are extremely helpful with any problems encountered and will put the students first. This school is amazing at helping academics with enough fun to not make students feel overwhelmed with work. This is definitely the school to go to if education is a priority,

Morgan

I think there's a huge focus on cheerleading and basketball - us not having a football team, it's pretty cool to see what sports come for "second best"

The students aren't very open minded.

Debbie

This college is incredibly easy for a graduate program - seriously, if you want to buy a degree and put forth very little effort to do so, sign up for this school. I have had professors not even grade my final papers and still give me an A. I have had professors contribute nothing to the course discussion and yet tell all of us that we are doing well. How would they know?

I think it is an excellent school to get your degree from because of the good teaching enviorment and many club, organzations, and career opportunities Lewis offers

its catholic so you need to take religion

It is mostly a commuter school so its hard to make friends

Frat guys and jocks. Many students are kept to theirselves though. Lewis is very involved by offering several clubs and sports.

National Communication Association, greek life, social media club, flyer nation,

Students are very focused and motivated

Lewis offers a variety of undergraduate and adult accelerated programs

Raul

If I could go back to my senior year of high school in order to be better prepared for college I would give myself a few points of advice. The first word of advice I would give myself is to become more organized and learn to manage my time. I would do this because the first few months of college were stressful because of my lack of time management. I would always be rushing to complete assignments the day before they were due and that put me under a lot of stress. I would also tell my high school self to do all my homework assignments and study for all tests no matter how easy they were going to be. The reason why I would tell myself this is because homework does make up a big part of my grade in college when in high school in would only account for 10%. Also, studying for my tests in college is a huge factor as to what grade I will get and to be honest I rarely studied for any tests in high school.

Before coming to Lewis University, I wish that I would have been more organized and would have learned how to manage my time in high school. I learned this the hard way once I started having a lot of homework in my classes and realizing I had little time to complete my assignments. The reason I had little time was because I was somewhat unorganized and I didn’t manage my time well. If I would have known how to do these two things before, the first few months of college would have been less stressful.

Lewis University is a beautiful school but, just like every other college/university, it isn’t for everyone. If you want to attend a college that has a big student population and has a lot of extracurricular events going on almost every day, then Lewis University isn’t for you. Also, if you want to live in a college that is in the middle of a big city you should probably reconsider going to Lewis. The University is located in Romeoville which is a small suburb in Illinois and the campus is also enclosed.

Ellen

I did not know what I wanted to do after high school. I was expected to go to college, but I did not know where to go or what major I wanted. So, I got my core classes out of the way at community college, and applied to a university. I decided to go to law school. I took the LSAT without preparing for it and tested poorly. I did not get into law school. I lost my confidence after that, and started working full-time at the job I had kept through college. I grew increasingly malcontent. I felt like I had wasted my life by giving up on going to graduate school. I was not confident that I could succeed after letting so many years go by. I eventually retook the LSAT, and applied to law school again. I am now in my second semester. My advice to myself ten years ago would have been to not give up on a goal just because I failed the first time I tried. Giving up was a harsh, prolonged, miserable experience that I will never repeat again. Go after what you want. It wil work out in the end.

The best thing about Lewis University was the feeling of belonging that I had never experienced before at other schools - the fellowship of students and faculty. The professors got to know the students and vice versa. The president of the universtiy remembered students' names, and was always happy to talk with any of them that he met. The professors were happy to write recommendations and keep in touch with students after graduation. It was easy for students to network with each other and get involved in group activities.

Lewis University was a great school to receive my college education. My classes were mostly small in number, so the education I received was more personal and direct than if the classes had been larger. The professors got to know the students, and were always available to help. It was very easy and highly encouraged to get involved in extracurricular activities. The president of Lewis Universtiy, Br. James, was instrumental in enabling the school to expand and grow in academic opportunities, in reputation, and in campus size. It was an amazing experience that I will always treasure.

Lucy

If I could go back in time and give my high school self any advice, it would be to get involved. I was very focused on my academics and got above average grades. My social life consisted of a lot of partying. I wish someone were there to tell me how important it was to be involved in the school community; how valuable the friendships and experiences tying me to my school would be. I would tell myself to take chances and try new activities, and never be afraid to ask for advice from anyone. I would encourage that high school girl to find a mentor and build on that relationship so she would not have to be alone in decision making, especially when it comes to college/ career choices. To deal with those regrets, I have given this advice to my own children so that they may have a richer high school experience.

The kind of person who should attend Lewis University is a student who is focused on academics and would benefit from the small class sizes. This is a place where the student has many opportunities to become involved in a variety of extra curricular activities; intramural sports, clubs, service opportunities. It is also a faith based community, allowing for the spiritual enrichment of the individual.

The student looking for a big campus party life, should avoid this school. Lewis University is has a small community feel, where one would feel welcome anywhere on campus. If the student is looking for a big city feel, this is not for you.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.