Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Katrina

If I were to go back in time to high school and talk to myself, I would say if you don't know what you want to major in, go to a community college. First start by going to a community college and getting your basic classes down and decided what you want to be. Then transfer to a university to study what you want to become. You will have your basic classes out of the way and you can focus more on your major and you will save a TON of money.

Brittney

Going into high school as a freshman the best advice I could have been given myself was to take Advanced Placement courses seriously. I didn't know the full meaning behind them and had I known that they weighed as much as college courses I probably would have tried harder in them. Although I did well enough in school to earn a 3.67 GPA I still believed I could have done better. I left high school only taking one advanced placement exam when I had actually taken three advanced placement courses. I graduated in May of this year and had hopes of starting school in August; however, there was one class I had to take before I could take the rest and all of those classes were full. Had I taken AP American Literature and received credit for that course I would not have ran into that issue and would have been finished with one semester of college, instead of having to wait until this semester to have a chance at getting into that course.

Drew

My school is best known for its outstanding aviation program. It was a huge selling point for me being an aviation flight student. In fact, this year we won the lonnings trophy which is awarded to the school nation wide with the best aviation program. Just to give you an idea of what a fantastic program they have there, and i am trying to get the most out of it that i can.

Alright bud, listen up- I have a very important piece of advice for you before you pop your top about the upcoming semester at Lewis University. College is an entirely different experience than high school, a chance to pursue your interests in greater depth and take a first step towards your dreams. But you know this is going in, thanks to the numerous seminars and consoling provided through our school system. Right about now you're wondering if the college curriculum is going to be as hard, as the teachers have assured you, as it's cracked up to be. Judging on previous transistions you have your doubts, and that's completly justified; Since the move to middle school, the difficulty of the schoolwork has been consistently oversold. Here is the flat answer for you to put an end to the rumors and promises. You come from an excellent school system and consequently are very capable of the work demanded by college. So no, it's not as strenuous as you have anticipated, but make sure to keep focused and apply yourself in order to keep it that way. Concentrate and you'll be just fine in college.

The worst thing about my school, at least for me, is the lack of parking spaces. Being a commuter student (which is the majority of the student population) it frusterates me when im combating traffic in order to make it to campus on time and then am forced to part literally across campus from where i need to be. You would think that the administration would be actively working to add parking lots to allow for more students and convienence.

Maureen

smart nurses that I would trust with y life

smart nurses that I would trust with y life

fast track program let me work fulltime and go to school

To my past self, the girl who knew everything, Your mother was right when she said this is the best time of your life so enjoy. The sooner you start getting good grades in high school the better, you can’t wait until the last minute to pull them up. In freshmen year talk to a counselor and find out what you will need to be accepted. Look around at different colleges and see what fits your needs, and remember to pick somewhere warm, not far from the ocean. Apply for as many scholarships as you can, so you don’t have a lot of debt later in life, and you can buy that first new car. When you are in college, stay focused. Get involved in clubs and volunteer whenever you can to make the world a better place. You will meet some fascinating people in college, and some will become life long friends. It’s going to be hard at times, but remember by the time your twenty two you will be successful. Most important of all, backup all of your files everyday so you don’t lose that final essay in English 101. Love, Forty two you

The university I go to is private, non-profit and was built on Lasallian morals. The students, professors and everyone else around Lewis University are friendly, caring, open-minded, grateful and strong. Due to Lewis University's smaller campus, you run into people more often and we have a stronger awareness about what our campus needs to ensure safety and enjoyment. We award many of our students for their accomplishments, no one goes unnoticed. All students are allowed to contribute to any organization, our paper, etc. We are a giving community as well as a giving university.

Follow your heart and don't go to a college because of a name, location, aesthetic or whatever else. Witness a campus and go regardless of the price. If you work hard enough, you can afford anything. Don't be afraid to take time away from friends and work to join a club or organization. You will make new friends and find better opportunities that way. Surround yourself with people you can relate to and avoid all things you already know to avoid. It's easy to be alone but harder when you're hit with reality. Rely on your parents for a little longer because soon enough they won't be able to help you with anything.

The best thing about Lewis University is the atmosphere. Although Lewis Unverisity isn't such a large university where the whole city is considered a college city, its main campus is encompassed by so much passion and unity. Each person excels in their own way and demonstrates their beliefs, dreams and goals throughout their time at Lewis. No one holds another back at Lewis. Counselors, professors, other students or anyone else will only help you out to achieve your goals. Lewis makes me feel like I can achieve anything.

Tricia

Dear High School Self: The choices for education is daunting. Get a grasp of what you want before investing in a huge expense as college. However, it is well worth the expense. If you are not sure community college is a great affordable way to get general requirements out of the way. Apply apply apply for any and all sorts of aid. School is expensive but it doesn't have to be. Once you settle on a path work hard in your studies and participate in activities to build on that path. It not only builds yourself as an individual, it gives you the skills you may need for a career. Lastly, the best resource you can have are your teachers. They are there to give advice and guide you. Don't be afraid to talk to them. They know best where the resources you need are and if not where to direct you to them. Good Luck and Best Wishes Your college self

The nursing program and the student life. The faculty in the nursing program is very enthusiastic, knowledgable, and supportive. The student life is very involved and fosters a community for undergrads and grads to participate in.

Nothing. I did extensive research on the things that Lewis doesn't have and what it has to offer.

Laura

If I could go back in time and speak with the timid, shy high school senior I once was, there are a number of things I'd like to tell myself. For starters, I would tell myself to really get involved with my school. I spent most days of my first two years of college working and thus, really missed out on a lot of the great things my school had to offer and overall, on a good part of college experience. In addition, I would tell myself to enjoy the upoming years to the best of my ability. This time is meant to be the best time of your life and I truly wish I could tell myself to relax and enjoy it. I spent too much of my first couple years worrying about money and trying to make everything perfect instead of just taking in the experience and appreciating the college lifestyle. Finally, I would tell my high school self to dedicate yourself to everything you feel passionate about. If there is something out there that you feel strongly about, put your whole heart into it and don't be afraid of what others may think of you.

I wish I had known more about the layout of the campus and what the school has to offer.

Since I transferred to Lewis I have found only two things I am even slightly dissatisfied with; One is that I have ten minutes to get to a class that is .6 miles from my other class. I wish that I had been given better assistance when selecting my classes. The other thing that slightly bothers me is that I have several professors that I cannot understand due to their heavy accents. I love that Lewis has a staff that is so diverse, but it is very difficult to learn when you cannot understand what you are being told.

shanique

I would've given myself more wholesome advice such as: to remain in school until I've completed ALL my education. I do realize now how important it is to get an education and to stay on top of the game. I do have Cosmetologist license and I really wanted Fashion to be my foundation but I could'nt get into the college that I could afford that had a dormitory and I could'nt afford to live off campus. I wanted to work and that's all that was on my mind at the time but now I wish I would have applied for college when all my classmates were doing so, I did graduate with honors and probably by now my education would've paid off. I don't reqret making some of those decisions because alot of them help me to be the person that I am today. So now I'm looking forward to a bright future and to help make my daughter and myself life more comfortable

Haddy

College is not like high school. You cannot just procrastinate until the last minute. You need time to learn your material outside of the classroom if you want to succeed. It's also a good idea to form a study group. You'll find that studying is a lot easier with people that want to do well. Also, look at scholorships. I know mom and dad gave you this talk already, but believe me if you start right now, you wouldn't be having the problems we have now. Don't get me wrong we're doing well, but we could be doing better. I want to tell you that going to a two year college was the best decision I ever made. It is a lot cheaper and the classes are small, so you have a better chance at succeeding. When it comes to auditioning for the college shows, make a repotoire book. You can find a ton of songs in the campus library. Take dance classes as well, they REALLY help. I know that you want to be a Broadway performer, but seriously start thinking about other routes you can take. Finally, make each moment last a lifetime.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.