Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Debbie

This college is incredibly easy for a graduate program - seriously, if you want to buy a degree and put forth very little effort to do so, sign up for this school. I have had professors not even grade my final papers and still give me an A. I have had professors contribute nothing to the course discussion and yet tell all of us that we are doing well. How would they know?

I think it is an excellent school to get your degree from because of the good teaching enviorment and many club, organzations, and career opportunities Lewis offers

its catholic so you need to take religion

It is mostly a commuter school so its hard to make friends

Frat guys and jocks. Many students are kept to theirselves though. Lewis is very involved by offering several clubs and sports.

National Communication Association, greek life, social media club, flyer nation,

Students are very focused and motivated

Lewis offers a variety of undergraduate and adult accelerated programs

Raul

If I could go back to my senior year of high school in order to be better prepared for college I would give myself a few points of advice. The first word of advice I would give myself is to become more organized and learn to manage my time. I would do this because the first few months of college were stressful because of my lack of time management. I would always be rushing to complete assignments the day before they were due and that put me under a lot of stress. I would also tell my high school self to do all my homework assignments and study for all tests no matter how easy they were going to be. The reason why I would tell myself this is because homework does make up a big part of my grade in college when in high school in would only account for 10%. Also, studying for my tests in college is a huge factor as to what grade I will get and to be honest I rarely studied for any tests in high school.

Before coming to Lewis University, I wish that I would have been more organized and would have learned how to manage my time in high school. I learned this the hard way once I started having a lot of homework in my classes and realizing I had little time to complete my assignments. The reason I had little time was because I was somewhat unorganized and I didn’t manage my time well. If I would have known how to do these two things before, the first few months of college would have been less stressful.

Lewis University is a beautiful school but, just like every other college/university, it isn’t for everyone. If you want to attend a college that has a big student population and has a lot of extracurricular events going on almost every day, then Lewis University isn’t for you. Also, if you want to live in a college that is in the middle of a big city you should probably reconsider going to Lewis. The University is located in Romeoville which is a small suburb in Illinois and the campus is also enclosed.

Ellen

I did not know what I wanted to do after high school. I was expected to go to college, but I did not know where to go or what major I wanted. So, I got my core classes out of the way at community college, and applied to a university. I decided to go to law school. I took the LSAT without preparing for it and tested poorly. I did not get into law school. I lost my confidence after that, and started working full-time at the job I had kept through college. I grew increasingly malcontent. I felt like I had wasted my life by giving up on going to graduate school. I was not confident that I could succeed after letting so many years go by. I eventually retook the LSAT, and applied to law school again. I am now in my second semester. My advice to myself ten years ago would have been to not give up on a goal just because I failed the first time I tried. Giving up was a harsh, prolonged, miserable experience that I will never repeat again. Go after what you want. It wil work out in the end.

The best thing about Lewis University was the feeling of belonging that I had never experienced before at other schools - the fellowship of students and faculty. The professors got to know the students and vice versa. The president of the universtiy remembered students' names, and was always happy to talk with any of them that he met. The professors were happy to write recommendations and keep in touch with students after graduation. It was easy for students to network with each other and get involved in group activities.

Lewis University was a great school to receive my college education. My classes were mostly small in number, so the education I received was more personal and direct than if the classes had been larger. The professors got to know the students, and were always available to help. It was very easy and highly encouraged to get involved in extracurricular activities. The president of Lewis Universtiy, Br. James, was instrumental in enabling the school to expand and grow in academic opportunities, in reputation, and in campus size. It was an amazing experience that I will always treasure.

Lucy

If I could go back in time and give my high school self any advice, it would be to get involved. I was very focused on my academics and got above average grades. My social life consisted of a lot of partying. I wish someone were there to tell me how important it was to be involved in the school community; how valuable the friendships and experiences tying me to my school would be. I would tell myself to take chances and try new activities, and never be afraid to ask for advice from anyone. I would encourage that high school girl to find a mentor and build on that relationship so she would not have to be alone in decision making, especially when it comes to college/ career choices. To deal with those regrets, I have given this advice to my own children so that they may have a richer high school experience.

The kind of person who should attend Lewis University is a student who is focused on academics and would benefit from the small class sizes. This is a place where the student has many opportunities to become involved in a variety of extra curricular activities; intramural sports, clubs, service opportunities. It is also a faith based community, allowing for the spiritual enrichment of the individual.

The student looking for a big campus party life, should avoid this school. Lewis University is has a small community feel, where one would feel welcome anywhere on campus. If the student is looking for a big city feel, this is not for you.

Katrina

If I were to go back in time to high school and talk to myself, I would say if you don't know what you want to major in, go to a community college. First start by going to a community college and getting your basic classes down and decided what you want to be. Then transfer to a university to study what you want to become. You will have your basic classes out of the way and you can focus more on your major and you will save a TON of money.

Brittney

Going into high school as a freshman the best advice I could have been given myself was to take Advanced Placement courses seriously. I didn't know the full meaning behind them and had I known that they weighed as much as college courses I probably would have tried harder in them. Although I did well enough in school to earn a 3.67 GPA I still believed I could have done better. I left high school only taking one advanced placement exam when I had actually taken three advanced placement courses. I graduated in May of this year and had hopes of starting school in August; however, there was one class I had to take before I could take the rest and all of those classes were full. Had I taken AP American Literature and received credit for that course I would not have ran into that issue and would have been finished with one semester of college, instead of having to wait until this semester to have a chance at getting into that course.

Drew

My school is best known for its outstanding aviation program. It was a huge selling point for me being an aviation flight student. In fact, this year we won the lonnings trophy which is awarded to the school nation wide with the best aviation program. Just to give you an idea of what a fantastic program they have there, and i am trying to get the most out of it that i can.

Alright bud, listen up- I have a very important piece of advice for you before you pop your top about the upcoming semester at Lewis University. College is an entirely different experience than high school, a chance to pursue your interests in greater depth and take a first step towards your dreams. But you know this is going in, thanks to the numerous seminars and consoling provided through our school system. Right about now you're wondering if the college curriculum is going to be as hard, as the teachers have assured you, as it's cracked up to be. Judging on previous transistions you have your doubts, and that's completly justified; Since the move to middle school, the difficulty of the schoolwork has been consistently oversold. Here is the flat answer for you to put an end to the rumors and promises. You come from an excellent school system and consequently are very capable of the work demanded by college. So no, it's not as strenuous as you have anticipated, but make sure to keep focused and apply yourself in order to keep it that way. Concentrate and you'll be just fine in college.

The worst thing about my school, at least for me, is the lack of parking spaces. Being a commuter student (which is the majority of the student population) it frusterates me when im combating traffic in order to make it to campus on time and then am forced to part literally across campus from where i need to be. You would think that the administration would be actively working to add parking lots to allow for more students and convienence.

Maureen

smart nurses that I would trust with y life

smart nurses that I would trust with y life

fast track program let me work fulltime and go to school

To my past self, the girl who knew everything, Your mother was right when she said this is the best time of your life so enjoy. The sooner you start getting good grades in high school the better, you can’t wait until the last minute to pull them up. In freshmen year talk to a counselor and find out what you will need to be accepted. Look around at different colleges and see what fits your needs, and remember to pick somewhere warm, not far from the ocean. Apply for as many scholarships as you can, so you don’t have a lot of debt later in life, and you can buy that first new car. When you are in college, stay focused. Get involved in clubs and volunteer whenever you can to make the world a better place. You will meet some fascinating people in college, and some will become life long friends. It’s going to be hard at times, but remember by the time your twenty two you will be successful. Most important of all, backup all of your files everyday so you don’t lose that final essay in English 101. Love, Forty two you

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.