Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

matt

The program tought me the necessary tools i need to know to be an electrican. I have learned how to take accurate measurements on bending and cutting conduit. I was tought how to hook up different types of equipment and was told how they worked. I think college made it easier on me. Im sure if i didnt go to college and i went straight to working i wouldnt have gone as far as i have as fast as i have.

Lewis allowed me to live at home while still attending a four year university. This helped cut the cost of school this year because I did not have to pay for room and board. The campus is at a very convenient location for students that are considering a commuter college.

Although I have only completed one semester of college thus far, it has been the first impressions of college life that have been an eye-awakening experience that will last my whole lifetime. High school was undemanding and lacked a challenge, and because of that I was spoiled academically. Attending a university has been a thrilling challenge that has engaged my full efforts. In reaction to the rising demands of college life, I have found many of my life skills to be improoving. Time-mangagement has been a crucial skill that has developed this past semester. Additionally, the stresses of my college work load have required me to pay closer attention to my personal well-being physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. The rumors that the first semester in college is "make or break" is beyond true, and I am proud to say that I have made it through my first semester extremely successfully and look forward to the increasing challenges of semesters to come.

I love that my classes are really small, and my professors actually know my name and a little about me. Coming from a public high school, I also love that the campus is beautifully decorated for the Christmas season. It's the small things that you notice and trully appreciate.

Rebecca

From my college experience I have met a wide diversity of students and have become friends with some of them. There are so many resources available for help that it is kind of mind blowing. The professors are very helpful and kind. The campus is peaceful and beautifil so I can find a place to study anywhere and still get my work done and not get stressed or distracted.

The best thing about Lewis University would have to be how helpful the professors are if I need it.

I wish I had known to check my student email accounts every day and before school started so I was aware of any changes for classrooms and/or homework

I have learned that there do exist places where the people truly want to learn, and learn well. College has shown me dedicated and hard-working students who are willing to sacrifice their comfort and needs in order to work toward their goals. Attending college has taught me how to work, even if the work is only to study and learn, and how to be supportive when a situation seems hopeless. Most importatantly, college has taught me to face my fears and just do it, even when I feel like giving up. It's taught me courage, and strength, and how to fight and triumph over my weaknesses.

I wish I had known how nice everyone was going to be and how helpful and supportive the teachers are. I also wish I had known just how far apart classes where so that I would not have sent my time sprinting between class.

There are Catholic teaching Lasallian Brothers there who do not support the Catholic youth group. In order for the school to serve all the different types of students, it stifles the Catholic tradition and supports all that is opposite.

Sherry

I have gained countless networking leads, not only from students but from teachers that have or some still do work in my chossen feild. I also found out much more about not only my chossen area of study but many of the related jobs and feilds that my degree can lead to, Most require little to no extra trainig. I'v made many new freinds that will soon be co-workers and it's made this move in to a new career much easyer. And due to my extern ship I have the oppertunity to " try " my new job and receive extra help befor I start as an emploee. This has been a goal for a long time and untill I did it I never thought I could. College has been nothing like I expected but its been good non the less.

Nina

I'm actually a transfer student from Dominican University, and what I find unique about this campus is that the teachers are actually willing to help you. They want to see you succeed, so they try and help out as much as they possibly can. They are understandable as well, if you're ill or some other difficulty arises, if you just tell them as soon as it happens they will be more understanding.

My college experience has been rather interesting these past few years. Having to deal with work, paying tuition, friends, illnesses, and a recent learning disability it was somewhat tough. My first 3 years of college were at a private school called, Dominican University, I have to say that would be the bad part of my college experience. I was dealing with teachers who did not put forth the effort to help you when you needed it, people questioning the reasons you were in college just because you didn't have a set major yet. It was a bit pressuring to be there. On top of all that I felt that I wasn't getting the education that I needed, I felt I wasn't learning anything. But now, I've transferred to Lewis University, another private school, and I absolutely love it. It's the complete opposite of Dominican. Wonderful teachers who will do anything to help you, and take the time to sit down and talk to you. The faculty and staff of the offices are very helpful. I feel that I've started school all over again. I'm proud of my decision.

I encourage anyone to attend this school . People who are wanting to get an excellent education, though a bit pricy. It will benefit you in the long run. Someone who is head strong on learning and put forth the effort to get where they want to go. Also, alot of students who are interested in the Aviation field should really look into this school. There is also, a good nursing program here along with any other field of interest.

Wendy

College has been an amazing esperience, I have learned a lot about my self. More so because of Lewis University, I have learned that I should expect bigger and better things for myself. My professors have pushed me and motivated me to not settle for anything less than amazing. I have worked hard and can now say I know I am capable of more than i ever thought before. I am more motivated than ever to do great in school and to become an amazing nurse. The nursing program at Lewis is interested in helping you become a sucessful student and nurse and will help in anyway possible to help you reach your sucess. I am very thankful to have the opportunity to attend Lewis.

The thing that frustrated me the most about Lewis was and is parking! You'd think that because its a smaller school it wouldnt be an issue, but it is. You either have to park far away or get to school pretty early in the morning to find good parking!

Lewis is a great school with a lot of diversity and great professors. However it isn't an easy school, professors expect more from you and you'll have to work hard to be good student.

Christina

The advice I would give to my high school self, if I went back in time, would be to enjoy life. You do not have to worry about school all the time. There should be time to relax, too. The first year of college I was stressed all the time and thought I had to do anything to get good grades. However, as a third-year in college, I realized that I have to have time to relax and enjoy life a day at a time. Worrying about a project that is not due for another month is a waste of time. It should be a working progress throughout the month and not finished over one weekend because you (I) think that there will be no time. School and getting a higher education is important, but it should not take over your life. There should also be time to relax and enjoy the little things in life.

I wish I knew that I could write in my textbooks my freshman year. When I read texts, I like to write little notes on the side to remind myself about a paragraph I had read. Writing on the page, next to the text, helps me understand and remember what I read better, especially in school textbooks.

I am an education major at Lewis Univeristy and we have opportunities to actually go into a real school setting before we student teach. We enter an elementary, middle, or high school to see how they learn, interact with each other, and see how professional teachers teach. My friends, in other schools, that are education majors, do not get the same opportunity as me.

some are nice, others just seem like they arent friendly.

some are nice, others just seem like they arent friendly.

I would of told myself to be ready to study more and have more freedom. I would of been more talkative and maybe went to a school with someone I knew. I wanted to go where no one went, but I don't think it was a good idea. I think I would have a better time with my friends and meet more people. I just wish I can make more friends and be able to study more.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.