Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

When I first came to Lewis University, I was not sure if I really liked it. I came here as a back up, because going to a school in the city is too expensive. However, as the years have passed, I have grown to love this school. First of all, I love the fact that my classes are rather small--about 10 to 40 students in every class. This allows for student-teacher interaction and participation. It also has allowed me to form and maintain relationships with all of my teachers. Another great thing about Lewis University is the beautiful campus. While the campus is not huge, it is a great size and there is a lot of beautiful greenery on campus. It is not in a college town, so I do not know what that feels like, but I am not in college for the social experience as much as for the learning experience. Because of this, I spend most of my time on campus in the library. Our library was recently expanded, so there is a lot of new areas for students to get work done.

At Lewis University, all classes are fairly small--under 50 student is all classes. Because of this, class participation is very commin; in fact, in most classes I participate every day. With these small class sizes teachers usually know all of their student by name. I have had many of the professors in my major multiple times and have been able to maintain relationships with them all. I am a Biology major. At Lewis, there are only about 30 Biology majors per grade, so all of my classes have the same students every year, and all of us know all professors in out major. Outside of class I am able to get in touch with my teachers easily through email, phone, or office hours whenever I have any questions. At Lewis, the education is both geared toward getting a job as well as for learning itself. Everyone is required to take general education classes which are meant to provide each stuent with a well-rounded education. But, as you proceed through your major classes, you get more involved with what you must do in order to get a job in your desired field. At Lewis, the most unique class I have taken so far was my Philosophy class--a required general education class. Instead of learning about the history of Philosophy, we instead learned how to think like a Philosopher by supporting our thoughts and beliefs rather than just blindly believing. Also, we practiced yoga as a metaphor that the connection of the body in yoga resemble the connection of a philosopher's mind in thought.

prativa

Apply to at least 5-10 colleges that you want to get into. Don’t give up. Don’t apply to community college. You will just waste your time. Get right into nursing; don’t give up trying getting into nursing program. It is very hard to get into but out of all the colleges you apply you will definitely get in. Just because it is senior year do not party every weekend take your time doing college essays prepare everything in the beginning so you do not rummage through at the end. Apply for US citizenship as soon as possible. Do not wait till you are in college to apply, makes your life so much easier when you get into college. In the summer take LNA courses so you can start working as a LNA and gain experience. In summer weekend volunteer at the hospital and in the weekdays volunteer at Red Cross. Prioritize your studies first. Get involve in school. Since you love running don’t stop running in senior year. Don’t party all the time. You will regret it later.

Justine

I would tell my high school senior self to creat good study habits. College professors can't worry about whether or not you have work or you were out late, or that you have other things to do in a week. You need to learn how to juggle your schedule and make time for studying and homework assignments. Also try and have some fun your senior year, you'll be wishing for the days when high school was your biggest problem and whether or not you were going to prom. Life gets more complicated the older you get, so have fun, study hard, and espically listen to your parents. They know a lot more than you think they do.

Cynthia

Reminiscing of how far I have come is amazing. First things first, I would tell my younger self to relax! After high school graduation, it is simply a time to spend with your friends and family and shop for room decorations, not to stress about what to expect. You only have those few weeks before it all begins. I went away for college to really get the college experience and I was a nervous wreck. Looking back now, I realize how far I have come. I have grown so much, but still have held onto whom I am. I have made some mistakes I can’t change, but college is all about a time to learn, not just inside the classroom, but with all aspects of life and more. College goes quick. Before you know it you are out in the real world, fighting with the wolves of the business world. I would tell my younger self, to embrace everything that comes your way, enjoy every minute that passes by, and grab every opportunity that presents itself. College is a world of fun, but what you take with you is an education that brings hope and life-long relationships.

Shannon

This school is great for individuals that are serious about school and focused on their future.

Before you start school make sure that you are a hundred persent sure that you are satisfied with your major. Look to the future and see if it will lead you down the path that you desire. Once you have made your decision, stay focued and don't let anyone or anything stad in your way. Listen to your advisors, and choose only the clsasses that will help you graduate. Make sure that you get as much as you can from financial aid and save up in case you run out of money. You can do it, good luck.

Make sure that you have a dependable method of transportation.

Deborah

What is unique about my school compared to others is that it is in close proximity to where I live. It saves on having to purchase additional money for gasoline.

Assuming that I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, and knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would advise that much attention be given to goal setting, prioritizing and discipline. I believe that this is the formula for a successful college life. The Bible says that without a vision people perish. I believe that a vision is what inspires and motivates people to action. Goal setting gives you the vision you need to move ahead. It's necessary for a successful college life. In order to realize your vision, I believe you must prioritize. Prioritizing doesn't put off the things that are necessary for your college success. Prioritizing puts the necessary things first. Prioritizing is essential to college life. Discipline is also essential for a successful college student. There must be a balance of study and recreation. There maybe times when studying must take precedence over recreation. A discipline of good study habits is a must for success. If I knew back then what I know now, I would follow my advice for a successful college life that would include goal setting, prioritizing and discipline.

I consider my school a blessing. The worst thing that I can think of is that there should be more parkiing space available.

Jacquelyn

My classmates are very hard workers but also know how to live life.

My classmates are very hard workers but also know how to live life.

When I tell people about Lewis I usually tell them about all of the opertunities that Lewis has to offer. I also tell them about Koinonia, which is a weekend retreat that helps the retreatents discover God, themselves and others. There is free time and is really relaxing. I would also tell them about all of the opertunities that Lewis has to offer! There are many friendly people here and it is an all around beautiful campus. If I had to choose, again, what school to attend for college I would choose Lewis University hands down.

JOHN

From as early as I could remember, I wanted to work in a visual medium. I am currently enrolled as a full time student, studying to be a Visual Communications Technician. I work on campus at Ocean County College in New Jersey. My current work is as a media technician, but, the position is only part time. I am planning to work on campus as a full time employee, finish my communications degree, and plan to work in the film and television field. I have also taken courses in teaching, and I have tutored English reading and writing for many years. I have worked in the corporate, academic, and retail environments, and I have over fifteen years experience in the customer service field. I have an ability to communicate and get along well with my fellow students and work colleagues. Your scholarship fund will not be taken for granted. Over the years I have proven to be a productive member of society, and I wish to continue learning and working hard to achieve my goals. Thank you for your time and consideration, John Seery

matt

The program tought me the necessary tools i need to know to be an electrican. I have learned how to take accurate measurements on bending and cutting conduit. I was tought how to hook up different types of equipment and was told how they worked. I think college made it easier on me. Im sure if i didnt go to college and i went straight to working i wouldnt have gone as far as i have as fast as i have.

Lewis allowed me to live at home while still attending a four year university. This helped cut the cost of school this year because I did not have to pay for room and board. The campus is at a very convenient location for students that are considering a commuter college.

Although I have only completed one semester of college thus far, it has been the first impressions of college life that have been an eye-awakening experience that will last my whole lifetime. High school was undemanding and lacked a challenge, and because of that I was spoiled academically. Attending a university has been a thrilling challenge that has engaged my full efforts. In reaction to the rising demands of college life, I have found many of my life skills to be improoving. Time-mangagement has been a crucial skill that has developed this past semester. Additionally, the stresses of my college work load have required me to pay closer attention to my personal well-being physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. The rumors that the first semester in college is "make or break" is beyond true, and I am proud to say that I have made it through my first semester extremely successfully and look forward to the increasing challenges of semesters to come.

I love that my classes are really small, and my professors actually know my name and a little about me. Coming from a public high school, I also love that the campus is beautifully decorated for the Christmas season. It's the small things that you notice and trully appreciate.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.