Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

The first piece of advice that I'd give myself is to relax. At this point I?ve already been accepted to Lewis University and so now I need to concentrate on finishing out the year strong. As far as the transition to college life, I?ll be just fine. As a commuter student the only thing that will change for me is my schedule. I will be spending less time in class and more time doing homework. As far as finding my classes, I?ve already been to visit the school campus, I have a map, and if I get lost all I have to do is ask someone. Anything else that I need to know, including how to get my books, I can find at the school?s website (which I?ve already visited numerous times). The best advice that I could give myself as a high school senior is to relax and make sure that while I?m working hard to cross the finish line of graduation, I?m having fun along the way. I?ll make the transition from high school to college smoothly, as long as I remember to stay calm and to trust myself.

The individual attention that students recieve from their professors. None of the classes are taught by teacher's assistants or graduate students. The professors are always available to help their students and even give students their home and cell phone numbers to contact them outside of class.

A student is only allowed to participate in 6 workshops during their entire undergraduate time at Lewis.

jimine

I would first tell myself not to allow too much time to pass between high school and college. It becomes increasingly difficult to return the longer you wait. So I would certainly tell myself not to wait 11 years to return. However, it has been an excellent experience and I am very grateful for the opportunity to have had to return to school. It is never too late!

Erika

Lewis University is a religious school.

Lewis University is a religious school.

As a college sophomore, I have gained so much knowledge of college life. If I could time travel to when I was a senior in high school, I would warn myself about all the responsibilities a college student has. For starter, I would recommend saving money/applying for scholarships to help pay for college tuition. Moreover, College courses involve mostly reading and writing. If I were a high school senior, I would definitely recommend reading and writing consistency because it would have help the transition to college easier. Additionally, I would tell myself to be more involved in school activities and programs from the start of college. Lewis University has so many programs to offer a student, but I did not know that certain programs excited. I would recommend looking more in depth at school activities before the first day in college. Overall, I would tell myself to enjoy my last days in high school and get ready for a rollercoaster ride because a college student has to dedicate time and effort to their education. College life is not all about courses; it is about discovering what the meaning behind the knowledge is and applying it to your everyday life.

The worst thing about Lewis University is parking; students constently have to look for parking and wait around 15 minutes for a free space.

Monika

everyone is very nice and careing sweet to the bone.

everyone is very nice and careing sweet to the bone.

if i can go back in time i would love to so thay i can tell myself what to expect and what to do about college. if i had a chance i would change so much when i was a senior i would take a class at a community college my senior year since my high school gave us a free bee for free. so that i can have atleast one class in and credits . After that i would take atleast two classes in the summer at a community college . why i would want to do this is becasue college does take time and the sooner you start classes the better becauce you can graduate early.Also, because college is very hard and not to take it for granted just because you only need to take five classes you really do need to study harder and more out of school then in school.

The best thing about my school is that it really cares about there students and that the student do well in every class to become what they have started to major in when they grow up. If we forget to do something or even apply for stuff that is important to us they always remind us about deadlines to help us be successful in life.

Lewis University is best known for being a commuter, as well as residental school. The school prides itself on diversity and philanthrophy work. Another major feature is the impact of religion on campus, there is a cross present in each classroom, and there is also a Chapel on campus.

I would have to say the two most unique features of Lewis University, compared to the other schools I considered is that one, it is a commuter school. Second, the classes are very small, which I love. Class size ranges from 15 to 25 students.

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say a few things about what to really expect in college. One, it is important to work hard and play hard. School comes first, but it is also important to balance a social life as well. Second, to just take a deep breath and not stress. Usually what I worry the most about never happens anyways, or if it does it ends up playing out well. Third, it is crucial to remain in contact with high school friends, but be open to making new friends. Some of my best friends are both from high school and college. And lastly, enjoy the college experience!!! I believe college to be the best four years of my life, not high school.

Alejandra

If I could give myself advice before starting college I would tell myself this: socialize! My school had a few events before classes started especially for commuters like myself in order to meet people. I was reluctant about participating in these events and, to be honest, not really knowing people was a bit difficult. Knowing people and forming bonds is useful in that you can have support from other people, both socially and intellectually. Now, almost a semester and a half in, it is not so bad since I have made friends, but I learned that it is better to get out there and be friendly. School is much easier when you have a support system of people who are going through the same experiences.

To be honest, the only frustrating thing about it would have to be that if you're not there early, finding a good parking spot is difficult.

Someone who would be comfortable in a small school.

Shayla

Majority of my classmates are career women continuing thier education.

Majority of my classmates are career women continuing thier education.

If i could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior I would have a lot to tell myself. First, I would tell myself to dedicate more time to giving back to the community and volunteer work. It is very impotant to stay involved in extracurricular activities. Second, I would explain to myself to take advantage of the scholarship opportunities that are offered to you as a graduating senior because a college education is very expensive and can take years to complete when you dont have the money. Furthermore, I would explain to myself to stay focused on your studies and carefully balance college life but enjoy the experience because its once in a life time.

Flexibility, because they offer classes at different times that can work around students daily life.

Bryan

The students at my school are a diverse group, which is one thing that Lewis University prides itself in. People from all types of backgrounds, religions, races, and even countries attend Lewis. Here at Lewis, we are a very tight nit community, being such a small school. We're always ready and willing to lend a hand to a fellow Lewis Flyer.

Here at Lewis, we are very well known for our Nursing and Aviation programs. We are one of the only schools in the area that has our own airport. The faculty/ teachers in both of these programs are at the tops of their respective fields, and as students, I feel we learn so much from their stories alone, not to mention the experience that they reflect as they are teaching.

As a college freshman this year, if I could choose one word to describe what I feel every single day of my life, I would choose ?stressed?. Money is a constant problem. If I could go back in time, I would give myself this advice: ?Put in the work searching for scholarships. Search for the money that is out there, for it IS out there. WE will pay for it later, should you neglect this?. I did not put the required effort searching for financial aid. I had already applied for a few. I thought I would not need to spend as much time searching. Nothing could be farther from the truth. My brother wants to attend college, and I will still be in college when he leaves. Our family simply does not have the money to support two college students without caving in. Once my brother graduates high school, only one of us is going to be seeing our next year of college. I do not want my parents to have to choose. If I could have the opportunity to tell myself this, to give myself a brief glimpse of the future that is today

My classmates are all really considerate of the other students around and are always willing to help each other whenever necessary.

Knowing what I know about college now, the first thing I would tell myself would be relax. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I ended up at my dream school where I am able to pursue a degree towards my dream career. High school students have a tendency to rush through life to get to college in hopes of finding the best days of their lives. Sometimes we all just need to take a step back and appreciate everything we have and know that everything will work out exactly the way it's supposed to work out. I would love to go back and tell myself the importance of balancing school and friends. Having great friends will make college a great experience and make the countless hours of hard work so much easier. I would tell myself that whenever life and school gets too hard, to go watch a funny movie or go out to eat with some friends. I would tell myself to never let my stress get the best of me and to make the most of each moment because college can truly be an amazing experience.

The best thing about my school is it's size. It's not too big, but it's also not too small. It creates a very personal and comforable enviorment which promotes better learning.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.