Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Alejandra

If I could give myself advice before starting college I would tell myself this: socialize! My school had a few events before classes started especially for commuters like myself in order to meet people. I was reluctant about participating in these events and, to be honest, not really knowing people was a bit difficult. Knowing people and forming bonds is useful in that you can have support from other people, both socially and intellectually. Now, almost a semester and a half in, it is not so bad since I have made friends, but I learned that it is better to get out there and be friendly. School is much easier when you have a support system of people who are going through the same experiences.

To be honest, the only frustrating thing about it would have to be that if you're not there early, finding a good parking spot is difficult.

Someone who would be comfortable in a small school.

Shayla

Majority of my classmates are career women continuing thier education.

Majority of my classmates are career women continuing thier education.

If i could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior I would have a lot to tell myself. First, I would tell myself to dedicate more time to giving back to the community and volunteer work. It is very impotant to stay involved in extracurricular activities. Second, I would explain to myself to take advantage of the scholarship opportunities that are offered to you as a graduating senior because a college education is very expensive and can take years to complete when you dont have the money. Furthermore, I would explain to myself to stay focused on your studies and carefully balance college life but enjoy the experience because its once in a life time.

Flexibility, because they offer classes at different times that can work around students daily life.

Bryan

The students at my school are a diverse group, which is one thing that Lewis University prides itself in. People from all types of backgrounds, religions, races, and even countries attend Lewis. Here at Lewis, we are a very tight nit community, being such a small school. We're always ready and willing to lend a hand to a fellow Lewis Flyer.

Here at Lewis, we are very well known for our Nursing and Aviation programs. We are one of the only schools in the area that has our own airport. The faculty/ teachers in both of these programs are at the tops of their respective fields, and as students, I feel we learn so much from their stories alone, not to mention the experience that they reflect as they are teaching.

As a college freshman this year, if I could choose one word to describe what I feel every single day of my life, I would choose ?stressed?. Money is a constant problem. If I could go back in time, I would give myself this advice: ?Put in the work searching for scholarships. Search for the money that is out there, for it IS out there. WE will pay for it later, should you neglect this?. I did not put the required effort searching for financial aid. I had already applied for a few. I thought I would not need to spend as much time searching. Nothing could be farther from the truth. My brother wants to attend college, and I will still be in college when he leaves. Our family simply does not have the money to support two college students without caving in. Once my brother graduates high school, only one of us is going to be seeing our next year of college. I do not want my parents to have to choose. If I could have the opportunity to tell myself this, to give myself a brief glimpse of the future that is today

My classmates are all really considerate of the other students around and are always willing to help each other whenever necessary.

Knowing what I know about college now, the first thing I would tell myself would be relax. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I ended up at my dream school where I am able to pursue a degree towards my dream career. High school students have a tendency to rush through life to get to college in hopes of finding the best days of their lives. Sometimes we all just need to take a step back and appreciate everything we have and know that everything will work out exactly the way it's supposed to work out. I would love to go back and tell myself the importance of balancing school and friends. Having great friends will make college a great experience and make the countless hours of hard work so much easier. I would tell myself that whenever life and school gets too hard, to go watch a funny movie or go out to eat with some friends. I would tell myself to never let my stress get the best of me and to make the most of each moment because college can truly be an amazing experience.

The best thing about my school is it's size. It's not too big, but it's also not too small. It creates a very personal and comforable enviorment which promotes better learning.

Steven

Attention me! After your stint in the Marine Corps, take computer classes and find an hypnotist to give yourself an "Instant, full-time, photographic memory, for life". Then when colleges start offering online courses you can get many degrees at blinding speed instead of four years each. Plus Harley Gilt's second nickname will become "Dr. Strangelove - Nuclear Missile Flight Tester"!

Camille

I would first and foremost, tell myself go to college. We are in a a time where education is key. Its hard to obtain jobs out here. A college education is needed. A Bachelor's degree is not even enough any more to find a secure job. Once the decision is made to attend college, " shop around". Find a college that suits your needs, wants, and that you are comfortable with. Next, apply for scholarships. Fill out a Fafsa. Yes, education is key, but its costly to finance it . Make sure you do your best your senior year. Study hard in school and on the ACT or SAT. College life is a big transition. But, its get easier. To help with that transition, participate in extracurrecular activities. Go to class, keep up with your work. Study hard. Dont be afraid to meet new people. Make sure there is a balance socially, mentally, educationally, and spiritually. Your college years are, I can say some of the best years of your life. You dont want these years to pass you by and you have nothing to show for it.

Jaime

Lewis University has a great Aviation program. They are a LaSallian School.

Lewis University has a great Aviation program. They are a LaSallian School.

I would tell myself to stay in school and not to drop out. That after my first year in college I would be presented with the decision of dropping out. However, I would tell myself to fight the circumstances for my having to drop out and find a way to finish my education. I would tell myself that an education is the most valuable thing you can have, and it is something that stays with you for life. That no matter what else comes and goes in life, an education is something that no one can take away from you. It is the most valuable investment you can give yourself. Hopefully these words would be enough to that young man who foolishly gave up too soon.

I have to truly say that Lewis University has been very helpful to me as an adult non traditional student. Lewis Univeristy has made a schedule that allows us to go to school full time, while working full time as well. The staff has been very helpfull. I had tried other schools, but Lewis was the right one for me. I have to say that I haven't found anything frustrating about Lewis University yet.

Kristen

Although like in all classrooms there are the shy students or the extremely talkative ones, the majority of classmates that I have had have been very open and willing to discuss any topic given to them and though they may be strongly biased or set on their view, everyone seems to respect one another--and that is something I strongly value in the classroom.

What makes Lewis unique is that the majority of classrooms allow you to not only get to know the students you sit next to every day, but you can also get to know the teachers. You are able to rely on them to help you with a problem you are having on homework or to be understanding if there is a struggling situation at home. The campus is very beautiful and small. It is very friendly. If you pass someone more than once you will soon find yourself smiling and saying hi and they will respond.

Imagine college as a job. You aren?t getting paid for it yet BUT the harder you work now, the more you will get out of your college experience, education, AND your future. Get involved, stay active, and try to avoid those ?freshmen twenty.? Be willing to try new things and open to making new friends; and do NOT allow people to walk all over you. Respect and love yourself. Stay positive and never give up. When times get stressful and it feels like there are way too many assignments to get done and not enough time, step back and break it down; take it one assignment at a time and do not allow yourself to think about everything else that has yet to come. Remember how much you love your parents and know that that is reciprocated because there will be days that feel like the end of the world and the only comfort you will have is the voice of your mom telling you everything will be okay. Call them. They love to hear your voice. These years will be the best years of your life. Take pictures, smile more, and most importantly, enjoy every minute of it!!!

Roberto

Lewis University is known for its Aviation program, great nursing program and as having one of the best Men's Volleyball Teams in the nation.

College life has been a very interesting and challengin experience in my live. The best advice I would give to myself if I can go back in time is to learn to manage my time. The way I have been managing my time in college is completely different of the way I did in high school. To succeed in college it is necessary to manage time well outside the classroom. There are more distractions in college and is important to know how to deal with this distractions and to have time to study and do other activities as sports. I feel in college I'm more independent to do what I want and spent my time how I want. Time is one of the most important facts in life and I think the college experience had makes me inderstand how important time is.

Nothing frustrate me about Lewis but if there will be something that Lewis can improve in it is the classroom facilities.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.