Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Sherry

I have gained countless networking leads, not only from students but from teachers that have or some still do work in my chossen feild. I also found out much more about not only my chossen area of study but many of the related jobs and feilds that my degree can lead to, Most require little to no extra trainig. I'v made many new freinds that will soon be co-workers and it's made this move in to a new career much easyer. And due to my extern ship I have the oppertunity to " try " my new job and receive extra help befor I start as an emploee. This has been a goal for a long time and untill I did it I never thought I could. College has been nothing like I expected but its been good non the less.

Nina

I'm actually a transfer student from Dominican University, and what I find unique about this campus is that the teachers are actually willing to help you. They want to see you succeed, so they try and help out as much as they possibly can. They are understandable as well, if you're ill or some other difficulty arises, if you just tell them as soon as it happens they will be more understanding.

My college experience has been rather interesting these past few years. Having to deal with work, paying tuition, friends, illnesses, and a recent learning disability it was somewhat tough. My first 3 years of college were at a private school called, Dominican University, I have to say that would be the bad part of my college experience. I was dealing with teachers who did not put forth the effort to help you when you needed it, people questioning the reasons you were in college just because you didn't have a set major yet. It was a bit pressuring to be there. On top of all that I felt that I wasn't getting the education that I needed, I felt I wasn't learning anything. But now, I've transferred to Lewis University, another private school, and I absolutely love it. It's the complete opposite of Dominican. Wonderful teachers who will do anything to help you, and take the time to sit down and talk to you. The faculty and staff of the offices are very helpful. I feel that I've started school all over again. I'm proud of my decision.

I encourage anyone to attend this school . People who are wanting to get an excellent education, though a bit pricy. It will benefit you in the long run. Someone who is head strong on learning and put forth the effort to get where they want to go. Also, alot of students who are interested in the Aviation field should really look into this school. There is also, a good nursing program here along with any other field of interest.

Wendy

College has been an amazing esperience, I have learned a lot about my self. More so because of Lewis University, I have learned that I should expect bigger and better things for myself. My professors have pushed me and motivated me to not settle for anything less than amazing. I have worked hard and can now say I know I am capable of more than i ever thought before. I am more motivated than ever to do great in school and to become an amazing nurse. The nursing program at Lewis is interested in helping you become a sucessful student and nurse and will help in anyway possible to help you reach your sucess. I am very thankful to have the opportunity to attend Lewis.

The thing that frustrated me the most about Lewis was and is parking! You'd think that because its a smaller school it wouldnt be an issue, but it is. You either have to park far away or get to school pretty early in the morning to find good parking!

Lewis is a great school with a lot of diversity and great professors. However it isn't an easy school, professors expect more from you and you'll have to work hard to be good student.

Christina

The advice I would give to my high school self, if I went back in time, would be to enjoy life. You do not have to worry about school all the time. There should be time to relax, too. The first year of college I was stressed all the time and thought I had to do anything to get good grades. However, as a third-year in college, I realized that I have to have time to relax and enjoy life a day at a time. Worrying about a project that is not due for another month is a waste of time. It should be a working progress throughout the month and not finished over one weekend because you (I) think that there will be no time. School and getting a higher education is important, but it should not take over your life. There should also be time to relax and enjoy the little things in life.

I wish I knew that I could write in my textbooks my freshman year. When I read texts, I like to write little notes on the side to remind myself about a paragraph I had read. Writing on the page, next to the text, helps me understand and remember what I read better, especially in school textbooks.

I am an education major at Lewis Univeristy and we have opportunities to actually go into a real school setting before we student teach. We enter an elementary, middle, or high school to see how they learn, interact with each other, and see how professional teachers teach. My friends, in other schools, that are education majors, do not get the same opportunity as me.

some are nice, others just seem like they arent friendly.

some are nice, others just seem like they arent friendly.

I would of told myself to be ready to study more and have more freedom. I would of been more talkative and maybe went to a school with someone I knew. I wanted to go where no one went, but I don't think it was a good idea. I think I would have a better time with my friends and meet more people. I just wish I can make more friends and be able to study more.

The first piece of advice that I'd give myself is to relax. At this point I?ve already been accepted to Lewis University and so now I need to concentrate on finishing out the year strong. As far as the transition to college life, I?ll be just fine. As a commuter student the only thing that will change for me is my schedule. I will be spending less time in class and more time doing homework. As far as finding my classes, I?ve already been to visit the school campus, I have a map, and if I get lost all I have to do is ask someone. Anything else that I need to know, including how to get my books, I can find at the school?s website (which I?ve already visited numerous times). The best advice that I could give myself as a high school senior is to relax and make sure that while I?m working hard to cross the finish line of graduation, I?m having fun along the way. I?ll make the transition from high school to college smoothly, as long as I remember to stay calm and to trust myself.

The individual attention that students recieve from their professors. None of the classes are taught by teacher's assistants or graduate students. The professors are always available to help their students and even give students their home and cell phone numbers to contact them outside of class.

A student is only allowed to participate in 6 workshops during their entire undergraduate time at Lewis.

jimine

I would first tell myself not to allow too much time to pass between high school and college. It becomes increasingly difficult to return the longer you wait. So I would certainly tell myself not to wait 11 years to return. However, it has been an excellent experience and I am very grateful for the opportunity to have had to return to school. It is never too late!

Erika

Lewis University is a religious school.

Lewis University is a religious school.

As a college sophomore, I have gained so much knowledge of college life. If I could time travel to when I was a senior in high school, I would warn myself about all the responsibilities a college student has. For starter, I would recommend saving money/applying for scholarships to help pay for college tuition. Moreover, College courses involve mostly reading and writing. If I were a high school senior, I would definitely recommend reading and writing consistency because it would have help the transition to college easier. Additionally, I would tell myself to be more involved in school activities and programs from the start of college. Lewis University has so many programs to offer a student, but I did not know that certain programs excited. I would recommend looking more in depth at school activities before the first day in college. Overall, I would tell myself to enjoy my last days in high school and get ready for a rollercoaster ride because a college student has to dedicate time and effort to their education. College life is not all about courses; it is about discovering what the meaning behind the knowledge is and applying it to your everyday life.

The worst thing about Lewis University is parking; students constently have to look for parking and wait around 15 minutes for a free space.

Monika

everyone is very nice and careing sweet to the bone.

everyone is very nice and careing sweet to the bone.

if i can go back in time i would love to so thay i can tell myself what to expect and what to do about college. if i had a chance i would change so much when i was a senior i would take a class at a community college my senior year since my high school gave us a free bee for free. so that i can have atleast one class in and credits . After that i would take atleast two classes in the summer at a community college . why i would want to do this is becasue college does take time and the sooner you start classes the better becauce you can graduate early.Also, because college is very hard and not to take it for granted just because you only need to take five classes you really do need to study harder and more out of school then in school.

The best thing about my school is that it really cares about there students and that the student do well in every class to become what they have started to major in when they grow up. If we forget to do something or even apply for stuff that is important to us they always remind us about deadlines to help us be successful in life.

Lewis University is best known for being a commuter, as well as residental school. The school prides itself on diversity and philanthrophy work. Another major feature is the impact of religion on campus, there is a cross present in each classroom, and there is also a Chapel on campus.

I would have to say the two most unique features of Lewis University, compared to the other schools I considered is that one, it is a commuter school. Second, the classes are very small, which I love. Class size ranges from 15 to 25 students.

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say a few things about what to really expect in college. One, it is important to work hard and play hard. School comes first, but it is also important to balance a social life as well. Second, to just take a deep breath and not stress. Usually what I worry the most about never happens anyways, or if it does it ends up playing out well. Third, it is crucial to remain in contact with high school friends, but be open to making new friends. Some of my best friends are both from high school and college. And lastly, enjoy the college experience!!! I believe college to be the best four years of my life, not high school.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.