Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Lewis University pushes you to succeed in all fields of study. We have many programs including ROTC so you are going to find something you are interested in. We have four places to buy food so there wont be long lines in one cafeteria and there is also a C- Store where we can purchase food in bags and store it in the fridge or cubby.

I would tell myself to study hard and not let myself fall victom to senioritis. College is where you get to live independent and away from your family. Nobody is going to tell you when to go to bed or study. Do not blow off studying for tests till the last minute because it will come back to haunt you when you fail the test. Try to set goals for yourself so you have something to work twords completing. Never tell yourself that something is too difficult because you have many teachers and professors who are willing to assist you in any way they can. Do not wait untill you are failing to ask for help because it will be hard to bring the grade up to a respectable A or B. Try practice problems to see if you understand the material, in math work on the odd numbered problems so you can check the answers in the back of the book. And finally, once you are in the college environment, be safe, work hard, and have fun. Do not hide in your room, go out and meet the other students. You might just make friendships that last a lifetime.

Lewis University is a great university to obtain a degree from. There is nothing that i find wrong with the learning environment.

Mary

Lewis University is a place where the academically inclined student can thrive in small-sized courses, enthralling course material, enaging and intelligent professors, and a really beautiful campus.

If I could go back in time and tell my high school senior self some advice, I would say that the most important part of transitioning into college and getting used to that new system is time management. Getting all your homework done, achieving high grades, holding down a job, and spending some leisure time for myself were all things that I had to consider in my new schedule as I moved into college. Not to mention, of course, the commute to and from school. Once I had a handle on all these new and different aspects of my college life, I felt like I was in a good place. Now, three years into my college experience, time management is still something I have to maintain a balance with each and every day. So, if I had the chance to go back into time to just before I was about to graduate high school, I would tell myself to keep a neat planner and budget my time well.

I brag about the programs that are offered and the range of courses involved in said programs at my university. I also tend to talk about all the wonderful teachers that I've had while attending Lewis University. Also, I have a job on campus, so I tell people that they offer great work-study programs. Of course, I personally value the proximity of the college to my home, so I tell my friends that this is a strong point of Lewis University.

Marisol

I look forward for my classmates to be dedicated in succeeding, focused in their education, and give good support when it?s needed.

I have not yet attended Lewis University, but I actually went to an open house and enjoyed the visit. The school has great diversity and has an advantage of being a small school. There will be more one on one with teachers. They also have a variety of options of different undergraduate majors and areas of study. There are also many different activities students can join, for example, the Latin American Student Organization. Another aspect that makes Lewis University unique is being a well known Catholic school. I will be able to value my church and develop my faith.

If I could go back in time, the first thing I would tell myself is going to college and getting an education would not be easy, but you would have a great outcome and it would be a life-time experience. Do not pressure yourself choosing a career. Just keep your mind open and explore different areas of study. College life is a lot different to high school. I believe it is a very important transition you would make in life. After graduation it is time to think about what you want in life and who you want to be. It will be the beginning of a new journey. You can start my setting goals for yourself by time periods. What do you want to accomplish in a month, a year, or three years. You will start learning how to become responsible and keeping in mind of the consequences of the actions you make. You will have support from friends and family, but you are the only person you can depend on to become successful. Keep yourself focused and dedicated to what you set yourself to do. There will be many obstacles, but you are capable to overcome anything.

Katelyn

My school is a small, Catholic school with an emphasis on aviation, nursing, business, and education.

I would tell myself to work as hard as I could to get my private pilot license as quickly as possible. I would tell my younger self to study the FAR/AIMS and to make sure that I do my Private Pilot bypass at Lewis as soon as I got my private pilot certificate. Finally I would tell my younger self to keep up on the studying and not be tempted to slack off just because others might laugh. I would say, "If you want to be a pilot you need to get serious and start acting like one."

Anyone who wants to be in a big school with lots of different majors available to choose from should not attend Lewis.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would first tell myself that studying and hard work is a key to success in college. You need to read your books, do your homework, and most importantly show up to class to participate. One of the hardest transitions is how long to spend on school work. When you are in high school you can get away with not even opening your book but college is different. Some teacher?s do not give out study guides and therefore you need to keep up with the material by reading the book assigned for that class. Other advice would be to act as a responsible and independent adult. In college you are responsible for going to class and making smart choices not only in your education but also in your social life because you are on your own at school. You have to learn not to be dependent on others and get help from teacher?s when it is needed. Biggest advice is that your education and your success is in your own hands.

I would have liked to know more about their class offerings. In my situation being a transfer student from a large school to a smaller school I did not understand what classes were being provided to students to choose from. I learned from trying to create my schedule that they do not offer some classes every semester, year, or even two years, which is how most smaller schools are ran. Therefore, I had a hard time creating my schedule and trying to fit in the classes i needed for my major.

A person who likes close interaction with their teachers in a learning enviornment should attend Lewis University. Also a person who does well with smaller class sizes, which allows the teacher to know you at a more personal level. Students that should attend this school should be students who are ready to learn and go to class because participation is key in smaller classroom sizes. People who may need the extra help on classroom material should attend Lewis because the teacher's love to give extra help to their students to help them suceed in the class.

The words I would tell myself would be as much advice as they would be admonishment. I would tell myself to stop dwelling on the past that plagued me throughout high school. I would tell myself to overcome the pain that I went through in my personal life. And I would tell myself to reach the potential I always had the ability of attaining. If I could tell myself those words, my transition into college life would not be half as difficult as it had been. My heart would have been open to others without fear and my mind would be sharper than ever in class. If I could tell myself those words, I would not be me. I would be a better man than I am today; there is no doubt of that.

I wish I had known that I would become who I am today because of this school. Before coming to this university I was close-minded and introverted. Now I am open minded for many things, I have friends for life and love, and a passion to excel in Mock Trial, something I have never done before.

When I brag to my friends about my school it is about my achievements through extracurricular groups and the interesting classes I take. I am especially proud of my achievements on the Mock Trial team and the challenging studies that my teachers put me through in order to help me achieve my goal of becoming a law enforcement officer and lawyer.

Sara

Knowing that nursing is such a difficult and demanding program, I would say to myself to take college courses before classes started to keep up with general education requirements because once in the nursing program, it is very hard to take classes along with nursing. I would also tell myself that I should always stay positive as I always do and to make new friends that will last a lifetime. I should not be as hard on myself if I do not do well on one test because nursing is very difficult and few students are straight A's or B's for that matter. College is a time for learning and growing while preparing for a future career. It is also a time to spend with friends and to have fun.

Lewis has a very difficult nursing program. When we have breaks such and summer and winter breaks there is still homework and papers to complete as well as online tests.

Lewis University is a small school, so students who want a big school experience not get that here. This school is not for people who want to join sororities of frats.

Brittney

I would tell myself to just keep focused, and to take it one step at a time. There is honestly nothing to worry about, and as long as you have a clear mind and determination, there is nothing about the transition you cannot handle.

That there are small class sizes. the professors care about the students progression, and you will honestly not find another school with professors as great as these. Also, Lewis has an amazing center offering tutoring, and job placement skills that help you once you graduate.

The bills stating how much we owe on our tuition is never kept up to date. Therefore, i always have to pay extra, and then wait for the University to pay me back.

Because I am a nursing major that requires to study an awful lot, I would go tell myself to learn how to study efficiently and start to study more often than I was used to. Therefore, I would get used to studying, and already know the best and most efficient way to study. Knowing how to study is very important and can make or break a student. I would have also told myself to take some advanced placement classes in high school so then I would not have to take as many classes in college, and I would already have some credits out of the way.

The worst thing about Lewis University is that it does not have very many social activities. They do not offer very many clubs or activities because it is a small private school. So I find myself bored or studying all the time.

A person who does not like to study very much should not attend Lewis University. It is a very tough school, and it requires studying for at least ten hours a week. Most students, like myself, also work outside of school so it is tough to get in all the study time that I need.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school I would tell myself to put more effort into finding and submitting more scholarships. Also, I would tell myself the transition from my home town to college is different, but with time it will get better. Within the first few months of school, first impressions are everything. The key to meeting new people is confidence and kindness. Positive personalities are contagious and other people remember the student with a smile on their face who starts a friendly converstaion.

As a resident, I find that the worst thing about my school is the interaction with the girls in my dorm. I feel the resident advisors need to plan events that would bring the different cliches of girls together. This inturn would help the students become a community that helps eachother with homework or any social problems.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.