Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Steven

Attention me! After your stint in the Marine Corps, take computer classes and find an hypnotist to give yourself an "Instant, full-time, photographic memory, for life". Then when colleges start offering online courses you can get many degrees at blinding speed instead of four years each. Plus Harley Gilt's second nickname will become "Dr. Strangelove - Nuclear Missile Flight Tester"!

Camille

I would first and foremost, tell myself go to college. We are in a a time where education is key. Its hard to obtain jobs out here. A college education is needed. A Bachelor's degree is not even enough any more to find a secure job. Once the decision is made to attend college, " shop around". Find a college that suits your needs, wants, and that you are comfortable with. Next, apply for scholarships. Fill out a Fafsa. Yes, education is key, but its costly to finance it . Make sure you do your best your senior year. Study hard in school and on the ACT or SAT. College life is a big transition. But, its get easier. To help with that transition, participate in extracurrecular activities. Go to class, keep up with your work. Study hard. Dont be afraid to meet new people. Make sure there is a balance socially, mentally, educationally, and spiritually. Your college years are, I can say some of the best years of your life. You dont want these years to pass you by and you have nothing to show for it.

Jaime

Lewis University has a great Aviation program. They are a LaSallian School.

Lewis University has a great Aviation program. They are a LaSallian School.

I would tell myself to stay in school and not to drop out. That after my first year in college I would be presented with the decision of dropping out. However, I would tell myself to fight the circumstances for my having to drop out and find a way to finish my education. I would tell myself that an education is the most valuable thing you can have, and it is something that stays with you for life. That no matter what else comes and goes in life, an education is something that no one can take away from you. It is the most valuable investment you can give yourself. Hopefully these words would be enough to that young man who foolishly gave up too soon.

I have to truly say that Lewis University has been very helpful to me as an adult non traditional student. Lewis Univeristy has made a schedule that allows us to go to school full time, while working full time as well. The staff has been very helpfull. I had tried other schools, but Lewis was the right one for me. I have to say that I haven't found anything frustrating about Lewis University yet.

Kristen

Although like in all classrooms there are the shy students or the extremely talkative ones, the majority of classmates that I have had have been very open and willing to discuss any topic given to them and though they may be strongly biased or set on their view, everyone seems to respect one another--and that is something I strongly value in the classroom.

What makes Lewis unique is that the majority of classrooms allow you to not only get to know the students you sit next to every day, but you can also get to know the teachers. You are able to rely on them to help you with a problem you are having on homework or to be understanding if there is a struggling situation at home. The campus is very beautiful and small. It is very friendly. If you pass someone more than once you will soon find yourself smiling and saying hi and they will respond.

Imagine college as a job. You aren?t getting paid for it yet BUT the harder you work now, the more you will get out of your college experience, education, AND your future. Get involved, stay active, and try to avoid those ?freshmen twenty.? Be willing to try new things and open to making new friends; and do NOT allow people to walk all over you. Respect and love yourself. Stay positive and never give up. When times get stressful and it feels like there are way too many assignments to get done and not enough time, step back and break it down; take it one assignment at a time and do not allow yourself to think about everything else that has yet to come. Remember how much you love your parents and know that that is reciprocated because there will be days that feel like the end of the world and the only comfort you will have is the voice of your mom telling you everything will be okay. Call them. They love to hear your voice. These years will be the best years of your life. Take pictures, smile more, and most importantly, enjoy every minute of it!!!

Roberto

Lewis University is known for its Aviation program, great nursing program and as having one of the best Men's Volleyball Teams in the nation.

College life has been a very interesting and challengin experience in my live. The best advice I would give to myself if I can go back in time is to learn to manage my time. The way I have been managing my time in college is completely different of the way I did in high school. To succeed in college it is necessary to manage time well outside the classroom. There are more distractions in college and is important to know how to deal with this distractions and to have time to study and do other activities as sports. I feel in college I'm more independent to do what I want and spent my time how I want. Time is one of the most important facts in life and I think the college experience had makes me inderstand how important time is.

Nothing frustrate me about Lewis but if there will be something that Lewis can improve in it is the classroom facilities.

Lewis University pushes you to succeed in all fields of study. We have many programs including ROTC so you are going to find something you are interested in. We have four places to buy food so there wont be long lines in one cafeteria and there is also a C- Store where we can purchase food in bags and store it in the fridge or cubby.

I would tell myself to study hard and not let myself fall victom to senioritis. College is where you get to live independent and away from your family. Nobody is going to tell you when to go to bed or study. Do not blow off studying for tests till the last minute because it will come back to haunt you when you fail the test. Try to set goals for yourself so you have something to work twords completing. Never tell yourself that something is too difficult because you have many teachers and professors who are willing to assist you in any way they can. Do not wait untill you are failing to ask for help because it will be hard to bring the grade up to a respectable A or B. Try practice problems to see if you understand the material, in math work on the odd numbered problems so you can check the answers in the back of the book. And finally, once you are in the college environment, be safe, work hard, and have fun. Do not hide in your room, go out and meet the other students. You might just make friendships that last a lifetime.

Lewis University is a great university to obtain a degree from. There is nothing that i find wrong with the learning environment.

Mary

Lewis University is a place where the academically inclined student can thrive in small-sized courses, enthralling course material, enaging and intelligent professors, and a really beautiful campus.

If I could go back in time and tell my high school senior self some advice, I would say that the most important part of transitioning into college and getting used to that new system is time management. Getting all your homework done, achieving high grades, holding down a job, and spending some leisure time for myself were all things that I had to consider in my new schedule as I moved into college. Not to mention, of course, the commute to and from school. Once I had a handle on all these new and different aspects of my college life, I felt like I was in a good place. Now, three years into my college experience, time management is still something I have to maintain a balance with each and every day. So, if I had the chance to go back into time to just before I was about to graduate high school, I would tell myself to keep a neat planner and budget my time well.

I brag about the programs that are offered and the range of courses involved in said programs at my university. I also tend to talk about all the wonderful teachers that I've had while attending Lewis University. Also, I have a job on campus, so I tell people that they offer great work-study programs. Of course, I personally value the proximity of the college to my home, so I tell my friends that this is a strong point of Lewis University.

Marisol

I look forward for my classmates to be dedicated in succeeding, focused in their education, and give good support when it?s needed.

I have not yet attended Lewis University, but I actually went to an open house and enjoyed the visit. The school has great diversity and has an advantage of being a small school. There will be more one on one with teachers. They also have a variety of options of different undergraduate majors and areas of study. There are also many different activities students can join, for example, the Latin American Student Organization. Another aspect that makes Lewis University unique is being a well known Catholic school. I will be able to value my church and develop my faith.

If I could go back in time, the first thing I would tell myself is going to college and getting an education would not be easy, but you would have a great outcome and it would be a life-time experience. Do not pressure yourself choosing a career. Just keep your mind open and explore different areas of study. College life is a lot different to high school. I believe it is a very important transition you would make in life. After graduation it is time to think about what you want in life and who you want to be. It will be the beginning of a new journey. You can start my setting goals for yourself by time periods. What do you want to accomplish in a month, a year, or three years. You will start learning how to become responsible and keeping in mind of the consequences of the actions you make. You will have support from friends and family, but you are the only person you can depend on to become successful. Keep yourself focused and dedicated to what you set yourself to do. There will be many obstacles, but you are capable to overcome anything.

Katelyn

My school is a small, Catholic school with an emphasis on aviation, nursing, business, and education.

I would tell myself to work as hard as I could to get my private pilot license as quickly as possible. I would tell my younger self to study the FAR/AIMS and to make sure that I do my Private Pilot bypass at Lewis as soon as I got my private pilot certificate. Finally I would tell my younger self to keep up on the studying and not be tempted to slack off just because others might laugh. I would say, "If you want to be a pilot you need to get serious and start acting like one."

Anyone who wants to be in a big school with lots of different majors available to choose from should not attend Lewis.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would first tell myself that studying and hard work is a key to success in college. You need to read your books, do your homework, and most importantly show up to class to participate. One of the hardest transitions is how long to spend on school work. When you are in high school you can get away with not even opening your book but college is different. Some teacher?s do not give out study guides and therefore you need to keep up with the material by reading the book assigned for that class. Other advice would be to act as a responsible and independent adult. In college you are responsible for going to class and making smart choices not only in your education but also in your social life because you are on your own at school. You have to learn not to be dependent on others and get help from teacher?s when it is needed. Biggest advice is that your education and your success is in your own hands.

I would have liked to know more about their class offerings. In my situation being a transfer student from a large school to a smaller school I did not understand what classes were being provided to students to choose from. I learned from trying to create my schedule that they do not offer some classes every semester, year, or even two years, which is how most smaller schools are ran. Therefore, I had a hard time creating my schedule and trying to fit in the classes i needed for my major.

A person who likes close interaction with their teachers in a learning enviornment should attend Lewis University. Also a person who does well with smaller class sizes, which allows the teacher to know you at a more personal level. Students that should attend this school should be students who are ready to learn and go to class because participation is key in smaller classroom sizes. People who may need the extra help on classroom material should attend Lewis because the teacher's love to give extra help to their students to help them suceed in the class.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.