Lewis University

« See more reviews of Lewis University

Lewis University is unique because it is more culturally diverse than other schools I considered. For example, there are 166 Asian students currently at Lewis University. Another way that this school is unique is that it has a variety of extracirricular activities. There are a number of clubs and organizations that students can join. Some of these include Psychology Club, and Pre-Law Club. Finally, this university is unique due to the fact that the General Education requirements are different. For Instance, Lewis University has Ministry General Education requiremnts. These courses encourage community service, cultural diversity, and religious knowledge.

The university I go to is private, non-profit and was built on Lasallian morals. The students, professors and everyone else around Lewis University are friendly, caring, open-minded, grateful and strong. Due to Lewis University's smaller campus, you run into people more often and we have a stronger awareness about what our campus needs to ensure safety and enjoyment. We award many of our students for their accomplishments, no one goes unnoticed. All students are allowed to contribute to any organization, our paper, etc. We are a giving community as well as a giving university.

I have not yet attended Lewis University, but I actually went to an open house and enjoyed the visit. The school has great diversity and has an advantage of being a small school. There will be more one on one with teachers. They also have a variety of options of different undergraduate majors and areas of study. There are also many different activities students can join, for example, the Latin American Student Organization. Another aspect that makes Lewis University unique is being a well known Catholic school. I will be able to value my church and develop my faith.

I chose Lewis University over the other schools I applied to because of the major I chose. I am perusing a degree in Broadcast Journalism, and Lewis has one of the best programs. As a first semester freshman, I have already taken an Introduction to Radio class where I learned to develop, produce, and host my own weekly radio show. I also learned how to import music to our collection, promote the station, run the board for sporting events, and create liners and other production elements. It was a fun class and I feel prepared to take the next step.

Lewis University offers one of the best teacher education programs of all the schools I considered. There is a 97% percent career placement rate for those that graduate from the College of Education at Lewis. The class sizes are small, and the professors know you by name. Although the school is on the expensive side, you get a real quality education, and you feel like an actual student and not just a number. The campus is located close to where I live, and the campus is aesthetically pleasing, and easy to navigate.

Since I'm a theatre major, I really looked at the difference in the theatre departments and the stages that they have. When I first walked into the Philip Lynch Theatre, I was excited to see how intimate the space was and the beauty and the theatre itself. I was so breathe taken by the performance and the professional status of the theatre that I only knew that I HAD to perform on that stage. It seemed as if it was calling my name and that it was my destiny to go to this school and perform on that stage.

Lewis is very unique because of the teacher student relationship you build. All of your teachers will know your name and major by the second week of school and will help you succeed in the class and after graduating. The campus is always in tip top shape. No matter what there is always a tutor for whatever class you need help with around the clock. Even the President of the school walks arounds everyday and donates to organizations and talks to students. Lewis is a home for students away from home.

We have one of the most beautiful campuses around. When a tree has to be torn down, there is typically another one planted in its place somewhere on campus. Everyone has their own advisor who is readily available and usually belongs to the department that student wants to major in. Even if you do not know your major, there is still an advisor available. If you are not completely satisfied with your advisor, you are given the option to change. All of the staff at Lewis University are very friendly.

What makes Lewis unique is that the majority of classrooms allow you to not only get to know the students you sit next to every day, but you can also get to know the teachers. You are able to rely on them to help you with a problem you are having on homework or to be understanding if there is a struggling situation at home. The campus is very beautiful and small. It is very friendly. If you pass someone more than once you will soon find yourself smiling and saying hi and they will respond.

Overall, I love Lewis University. I feel that as a junior I have already begun to have a great experience there, and I look forward to my upcoming years. I feel that the friends I have made, the experiences I have encountered as a student and growing adult in college, and the courses I have taken have provided me with the tools and resources I need to become a successful English teacher. People who come to Lewis will certainly receive a quality education and positive life experience.