Lewis University

« See more reviews of Lewis University

I believe that our values, diversity in cultures, and resource we have here at Lewis are unique compare to major state university. Here at Lewis professors know their students by their name not by a number. All student here are allowed in one way or another to get involved with actives in and outside of school. Also, our school president is very involved with all of the students. Not many students can say that they have never talked nor seen our president, brother James.

It is a Christian school, which I was skeptical about at first. However, the school is very accepting to diversity among ethnical and religious background because of this. The school focuses a lot on moral principals, ethical values, and social acceptance, and most of the general education courses are geared to include this in the curriculum. I believe this allows students to leave Lewis University with more than an academic education, but also a moral one.

I'm actually a transfer student from Dominican University, and what I find unique about this campus is that the teachers are actually willing to help you. They want to see you succeed, so they try and help out as much as they possibly can. They are understandable as well, if you're ill or some other difficulty arises, if you just tell them as soon as it happens they will be more understanding.

My school is quite small compared to the other schools I applied. Other than the eerie isolation I sometimes feel, I do enjoy this aspect. The attention I am able to receive from the professors and faculty has been a great benefit. I believe in healthy competition in many aspects of life, but I do not feel that one should have to compete simply to receive assistance.

My school is a small school that feels like a family. Many students get to know eachother more personally, both commuters and residents alike. Teachers and students also get to interact more and know more about eachtother that helps the student when they need help. This also helps the teacher see how well they are prepapring their students for the future

Lewis University pushes you to succeed in all fields of study. We have many programs including ROTC so you are going to find something you are interested in. We have four places to buy food so there wont be long lines in one cafeteria and there is also a C- Store where we can purchase food in bags and store it in the fridge or cubby.

Lewis University is a sanctified zone, has an airport on campus and has an incredible psychology department. It is also much smaller than other schools I considered, it is also Catholic which is very important to me. Religion has been a mojor part of my life, and Lewis has helped me continue my Catholic tradition.

it is a small community that focuses on every kids learning needs and variety of methods are used to accomodate everyones learning style. teachers here at the school will remember your name and you feel important even after the semester is over and when a teacher is still able to recognize you and your name :)

Lewis allowed me to live at home while still attending a four year university. This helped cut the cost of school this year because I did not have to pay for room and board. The campus is at a very convenient location for students that are considering a commuter college.

My school is unique because it is small and everything is close together. It is a beautiful campus and not dirty at all. The classrooms are all about one on one work. Your not stuck in a class with over a hundred students. It is easier to learn and get great grades.