Lewis University

« See more reviews of Lewis University

Lewis University was a great school to receive my college education. My classes were mostly small in number, so the education I received was more personal and direct than if the classes had been larger. The professors got to know the students, and were always available to help. It was very easy and highly encouraged to get involved in extracurricular activities. The president of Lewis Universtiy, Br. James, was instrumental in enabling the school to expand and grow in academic opportunities, in reputation, and in campus size. It was an amazing experience that I will always treasure.

When I tell people about Lewis I usually tell them about all of the opertunities that Lewis has to offer. I also tell them about Koinonia, which is a weekend retreat that helps the retreatents discover God, themselves and others. There is free time and is really relaxing. I would also tell them about all of the opertunities that Lewis has to offer! There are many friendly people here and it is an all around beautiful campus. If I had to choose, again, what school to attend for college I would choose Lewis University hands down.

I tell them that it is a friendly place to be at because the classes are small and that makes a better learning experience because there is a one on one learning with the teacher. Also you get to know your classmates and that helps because you can work with other people and get help from someone who might understand something that you might not understand. Also you get to know the people around you and might even become good friends even after the class is over.

I brag about the programs that are offered and the range of courses involved in said programs at my university. I also tend to talk about all the wonderful teachers that I've had while attending Lewis University. Also, I have a job on campus, so I tell people that they offer great work-study programs. Of course, I personally value the proximity of the college to my home, so I tell my friends that this is a strong point of Lewis University.

I commonly brag about how strong the nursing program is at Lewis. I explain that I have the privilege of receiving direct experience in my field at some of the most prestigious hospitals within the Chicagoland area. Regarding general education classes, Lewis ensures the success of its students by providing small classes and instructors that are willing to give personal instruction.

I am an education major at Lewis Univeristy and we have opportunities to actually go into a real school setting before we student teach. We enter an elementary, middle, or high school to see how they learn, interact with each other, and see how professional teachers teach. My friends, in other schools, that are education majors, do not get the same opportunity as me.

When I brag to my friends about my school it is about my achievements through extracurricular groups and the interesting classes I take. I am especially proud of my achievements on the Mock Trial team and the challenging studies that my teachers put me through in order to help me achieve my goal of becoming a law enforcement officer and lawyer.

I brag the most about the fact that Lewis has awesome athletic programs. With such a small school it feels really comforting to be surrounded by athelets all the time. Also, because Lewis offers so much in its athletics the Chicago Bears are considering moving their training camp to our campus, now thats definitely something to brag about.

Lewis University is a wonderful school. I constantly brag to my friends that I have an airport right on campus, and about how many activities Lewis offers to its students. A person at Lewis could never say that there is nothing to do and truely mean it. There are always events on campust occuring no matter what day of the week it is.

The campus has amazing views and a very comfortable feel. You can be yourself here and there are plenty of ways to get involved and be interactive on and off campus. It is very easy to make friends and be accepted. The teachers are there to help you and willing to make meeting times with you and help in any way they can.