Lewis University

« See more reviews of Lewis University

I feel that the worse part of my school is the lack of social interaction between people. I transferred from the University of Illinois Chicago, a huge public school in the city, so the environment and atmosphere between there and Lewis University is so different. UIC also had a lot of commuters like Lewis, but I think the environment there was almost more commuter friendly. There were more lounges to relax, study, and meet people. At Lewis, the campus seems so empty after noon. I also haven't seen many things to get involved in besides fraternities/sororities.

Since I transferred to Lewis I have found only two things I am even slightly dissatisfied with; One is that I have ten minutes to get to a class that is .6 miles from my other class. I wish that I had been given better assistance when selecting my classes. The other thing that slightly bothers me is that I have several professors that I cannot understand due to their heavy accents. I love that Lewis has a staff that is so diverse, but it is very difficult to learn when you cannot understand what you are being told.

The worst thing about my school is the price. The school, although offering many scholarships and awards, still costs around $18,000. It is still hard to come up with up the extra money to pay for our school which costs over $30,000. I understand that every school has it's costs to go there, but this school being a private catholic institution raises the costs even more compared to public schools. I believe the school is an awesome place to grow, develop, and learn, but the price is very hard to get past.

One of the most undesireable aspects of Lewis University is the occasional bad teacher. I've had a few classes with an "expert" teaching; someone with experience from the field. I think Lewis needs to take a closer look at some of these teachers and not just hire them for their expertise, but how well they can relay the message. Unfortunately, there were a few teachers in aviation that fell into this description. They knew their stuff, but couldn't teach it effectively.

Based on my experience at Lewis University so far this year i have not found anything that you would consider bad about the school. One thing that i wish was different was since we are a very small school a lot of kids go home on the weekends. I just believe when you go away to college you should live the life of a college student and stay here on campus if you are dorming. Besides that i do not have anything against my school or think that it is completely bad.

I really don't think that there is anything wrong with it. They give us a lot of rules for us to follow but those rules keep us responsible so that we do better on our school work and so that we become better people. It shapes us into the people we will become. For instance, no drinking or drugs. Also, not being out passed a certain time. This helps us to get the rest we need to learn and so we can get our stuff done. It really is great to have those rules.

I do not think there is really a bad thing about my school. I am a resident student so of course there are issues with dorm life, but those are usually minor and handled in a respectful manner with those who are involved. I do think some things should be made clearer at orientation; like that we need to call a ?courtesy line? for noise complaints. Even though it?s a small detail, things like that would make the transition to college life a bit easier.

I think the worst thing about my school is how hard of a time transfer students have adjusting. Since my school is so small, being a transfer student was not easy. Everyone already has their own friends and even when you try to be in clubs and organizations the clicks dont want to have you join their group. I was a transfer student myself and the only friends I found were commuters. I am only friends with a couple of residents-which I am myself.

Lewis is a small University made up of mostly commuter students. A lot of the students who live on campus live in the Chicago area and go home on the weekends which can make life very boring for the people who stay on campus. To live on campus you need a car to go anywhere, can't walk to a grocery store. The advisors are not always helpful. Some of the classes are not relevant. Summer classes are very expensive. Parking can be a real pain.

The worst thing about my school, at least for me, is the lack of parking spaces. Being a commuter student (which is the majority of the student population) it frusterates me when im combating traffic in order to make it to campus on time and then am forced to part literally across campus from where i need to be. You would think that the administration would be actively working to add parking lots to allow for more students and convienence.