Lewis University Top Questions

Raul

If I could go back to my senior year of high school in order to be better prepared for college I would give myself a few points of advice. The first word of advice I would give myself is to become more organized and learn to manage my time. I would do this because the first few months of college were stressful because of my lack of time management. I would always be rushing to complete assignments the day before they were due and that put me under a lot of stress. I would also tell my high school self to do all my homework assignments and study for all tests no matter how easy they were going to be. The reason why I would tell myself this is because homework does make up a big part of my grade in college when in high school in would only account for 10{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c}. Also, studying for my tests in college is a huge factor as to what grade I will get and to be honest I rarely studied for any tests in high school.

Ellen

I did not know what I wanted to do after high school. I was expected to go to college, but I did not know where to go or what major I wanted. So, I got my core classes out of the way at community college, and applied to a university. I decided to go to law school. I took the LSAT without preparing for it and tested poorly. I did not get into law school. I lost my confidence after that, and started working full-time at the job I had kept through college. I grew increasingly malcontent. I felt like I had wasted my life by giving up on going to graduate school. I was not confident that I could succeed after letting so many years go by. I eventually retook the LSAT, and applied to law school again. I am now in my second semester. My advice to myself ten years ago would have been to not give up on a goal just because I failed the first time I tried. Giving up was a harsh, prolonged, miserable experience that I will never repeat again. Go after what you want. It wil work out in the end.

Lucy

If I could go back in time and give my high school self any advice, it would be to get involved. I was very focused on my academics and got above average grades. My social life consisted of a lot of partying. I wish someone were there to tell me how important it was to be involved in the school community; how valuable the friendships and experiences tying me to my school would be. I would tell myself to take chances and try new activities, and never be afraid to ask for advice from anyone. I would encourage that high school girl to find a mentor and build on that relationship so she would not have to be alone in decision making, especially when it comes to college/ career choices. To deal with those regrets, I have given this advice to my own children so that they may have a richer high school experience.

Katrina

If I were to go back in time to high school and talk to myself, I would say if you don't know what you want to major in, go to a community college. First start by going to a community college and getting your basic classes down and decided what you want to be. Then transfer to a university to study what you want to become. You will have your basic classes out of the way and you can focus more on your major and you will save a TON of money.

Going into high school as a freshman the best advice I could have been given myself was to take Advanced Placement courses seriously. I didn't know the full meaning behind them and had I known that they weighed as much as college courses I probably would have tried harder in them. Although I did well enough in school to earn a 3.67 GPA I still believed I could have done better. I left high school only taking one advanced placement exam when I had actually taken three advanced placement courses. I graduated in May of this year and had hopes of starting school in August; however, there was one class I had to take before I could take the rest and all of those classes were full. Had I taken AP American Literature and received credit for that course I would not have ran into that issue and would have been finished with one semester of college, instead of having to wait until this semester to have a chance at getting into that course.

Drew

Alright bud, listen up- I have a very important piece of advice for you before you pop your top about the upcoming semester at Lewis University. College is an entirely different experience than high school, a chance to pursue your interests in greater depth and take a first step towards your dreams. But you know this is going in, thanks to the numerous seminars and consoling provided through our school system. Right about now you're wondering if the college curriculum is going to be as hard, as the teachers have assured you, as it's cracked up to be. Judging on previous transistions you have your doubts, and that's completly justified; Since the move to middle school, the difficulty of the schoolwork has been consistently oversold. Here is the flat answer for you to put an end to the rumors and promises. You come from an excellent school system and consequently are very capable of the work demanded by college. So no, it's not as strenuous as you have anticipated, but make sure to keep focused and apply yourself in order to keep it that way. Concentrate and you'll be just fine in college.

Krystal

Don't be shy, get out there. Go to sporting events, look to join a club. Make sure to save time for study. Plenty of down time.

Maureen

To my past self, the girl who knew everything, Your mother was right when she said this is the best time of your life so enjoy. The sooner you start getting good grades in high school the better, you can’t wait until the last minute to pull them up. In freshmen year talk to a counselor and find out what you will need to be accepted. Look around at different colleges and see what fits your needs, and remember to pick somewhere warm, not far from the ocean. Apply for as many scholarships as you can, so you don’t have a lot of debt later in life, and you can buy that first new car. When you are in college, stay focused. Get involved in clubs and volunteer whenever you can to make the world a better place. You will meet some fascinating people in college, and some will become life long friends. It’s going to be hard at times, but remember by the time your twenty two you will be successful. Most important of all, backup all of your files everyday so you don’t lose that final essay in English 101. Love, Forty two you

Follow your heart and don't go to a college because of a name, location, aesthetic or whatever else. Witness a campus and go regardless of the price. If you work hard enough, you can afford anything. Don't be afraid to take time away from friends and work to join a club or organization. You will make new friends and find better opportunities that way. Surround yourself with people you can relate to and avoid all things you already know to avoid. It's easy to be alone but harder when you're hit with reality. Rely on your parents for a little longer because soon enough they won't be able to help you with anything.

Tricia

Dear High School Self: The choices for education is daunting. Get a grasp of what you want before investing in a huge expense as college. However, it is well worth the expense. If you are not sure community college is a great affordable way to get general requirements out of the way. Apply apply apply for any and all sorts of aid. School is expensive but it doesn't have to be. Once you settle on a path work hard in your studies and participate in activities to build on that path. It not only builds yourself as an individual, it gives you the skills you may need for a career. Lastly, the best resource you can have are your teachers. They are there to give advice and guide you. Don't be afraid to talk to them. They know best where the resources you need are and if not where to direct you to them. Good Luck and Best Wishes Your college self

If I could go back in time and speak with the timid, shy high school senior I once was, there are a number of things I'd like to tell myself. For starters, I would tell myself to really get involved with my school. I spent most days of my first two years of college working and thus, really missed out on a lot of the great things my school had to offer and overall, on a good part of college experience. In addition, I would tell myself to enjoy the upoming years to the best of my ability. This time is meant to be the best time of your life and I truly wish I could tell myself to relax and enjoy it. I spent too much of my first couple years worrying about money and trying to make everything perfect instead of just taking in the experience and appreciating the college lifestyle. Finally, I would tell my high school self to dedicate yourself to everything you feel passionate about. If there is something out there that you feel strongly about, put your whole heart into it and don't be afraid of what others may think of you.

shanique

I would've given myself more wholesome advice such as: to remain in school until I've completed ALL my education. I do realize now how important it is to get an education and to stay on top of the game. I do have Cosmetologist license and I really wanted Fashion to be my foundation but I could'nt get into the college that I could afford that had a dormitory and I could'nt afford to live off campus. I wanted to work and that's all that was on my mind at the time but now I wish I would have applied for college when all my classmates were doing so, I did graduate with honors and probably by now my education would've paid off. I don't reqret making some of those decisions because alot of them help me to be the person that I am today. So now I'm looking forward to a bright future and to help make my daughter and myself life more comfortable

Haddy

College is not like high school. You cannot just procrastinate until the last minute. You need time to learn your material outside of the classroom if you want to succeed. It's also a good idea to form a study group. You'll find that studying is a lot easier with people that want to do well. Also, look at scholorships. I know mom and dad gave you this talk already, but believe me if you start right now, you wouldn't be having the problems we have now. Don't get me wrong we're doing well, but we could be doing better. I want to tell you that going to a two year college was the best decision I ever made. It is a lot cheaper and the classes are small, so you have a better chance at succeeding. When it comes to auditioning for the college shows, make a repotoire book. You can find a ton of songs in the campus library. Take dance classes as well, they REALLY help. I know that you want to be a Broadway performer, but seriously start thinking about other routes you can take. Finally, make each moment last a lifetime.

I would tell myself to make more time for studying; your friends will always be there when you are done with your homework. To be more prepared for classes and test and to get ahead of my work to have more time to study. It's okay to reach out to your teachers and ask them for help or just for clarification on an assignment. Get involved in activities on campus! There is a lot to choose from and will help you expand your comfort zone and be more comfortable approaching other people. Be proud of being a library regular and take your friends with you, everyone could use some study time. Keep working hard, if not harder, because you're training for your future and by putting in the time now, it will pay off later.

Knowing what I know now about the college transition, there is one piece of important advice I would like to let my high school senior self know — the value of balance. Upon entering Lewis University, unlike many incoming freshmen, I was not interested in partying or a typical social life. I was intent on academic success — of sleepless nights studying and perfect term papers. Yet as a junior now looking back, I realize that while all of my hard work and good grades have not gone to waste, I may have passed up on some memorable moments meeting new people. College is indeed a time for budding adults to transform into independent men and women preparing for the workforce, but it is also one in which students can expand their social horizons and learn about the beauty of cultural diversity. Had I told myself more about the value of balance at the university level, I think I would have found sooner that happy medium I am still aiming towards now — to maintain a sense of stability between performing well in my courses and building those friendships, communal experiences, and college memories that will last me a lifetime.

Nhu

As a high school senior, I was absent-minded and careless; from where I went to high school, we called this "senioritis". Senioritis was a state of laziness used to describe high school seniors who just wanted to do the absolute minimum before graduation. I was an ignorant high school senior because I did not realize how much it would reflect in my college career, but I was also scared of the change. If I could go back in time to speak with myself, I would tell myself to get my act together. I would tell myself of how my impression of college was wrong because it is not about all the parties. Being in college is something you do for your own sake, and unlike high school, there is no leniency. I would also give myself some words of encouragement; look myself in the eye and say that I have always been a strong person, that there is no reason for that to stop. I would tell the earlier version of me to believe in herself and not be scared because she was made to succeed.

Edna

If I could have went back in time to give myself advice when I graduated highschool here is what I would have told myself. I would have said Renea I have come from your future to warn you not to get married and have children after you get out of school. You need to stay in school and get an education. Study and learn about the law and stride to become a lawyer. Get yourself established first before you think about getting envolved with any relationships. Stay away from abusive men and when you have children make them your first priority. Take care of them and always protect them form abuse. If you get caught in a sistuation with your children that you feel you cannot get out of do whatever it takes to leave. take the advice and counsel of people who know what they are talking about, don't get mad and think that people are jealous of you when they are looking out for your best interest. Take the incentive to go look for a battered womens shelter and know that staying is not the only option. If you refuse to listen you will lose everything important.

sara

I would say reconsider rooming with a friend. Although it has been fun I feel that it put our relationship through unneeded hardships. I believe that our friendship would be stronger today if we did not live in the same room. I would also say make sure to take advantage to the weekends. Even if I do not have homework it is still a huge help to get ahead or get some studying done over the weekend. Make sure to time manage and do not wait till the last minute to complete the homework. In college there is a lot more free time so try to fill it with productive things ie. working out, studying, working. If possible try and get an on compus job as soon as possible. They fill fast and it is much needed to have extra money during the school year.

If I could go back and tell myself as a high school senior about the college process I would say to take it seriously. I believe I based my decsion on which university to attend for all the wrong reasons. I should have put less attention on soccer and more focus on what school would be best for my education. I would have told myself to apply for more scholarships and to bust my butt getting good grades. If I could I would tell myself to not waste anytime applying and challenge myself to apply for the tougher schools. I am happy with the way things turned out but if I could I would have told myself these helpful little hints.

Every freshman who comes to Lewis should most importantly know to stay social and simply have fun. Many times freshmen coming into Lewis may feel intimidated at suddenly being in college with so many new people, classes, experiences, and of course free time. However, in order to meet people and have a positive and enjoyable college experience, all one simply has to do is get involved and be friendly. It is incredibly easy and fun to meet new people through campus by joining some new clubs, activities, or athletics. Doing so will help people meet new students and possibly even form life-lasting friendships throughout that students' college career. In addition to making these acquaintances, balancing that social life with hard academic work is important. Being able to know when to relax and sleep (as well as when to crack down and finish that assignment or study for that exam) is key to succeeding in school.

prativa

Apply to at least 5-10 colleges that you want to get into. Don’t give up. Don’t apply to community college. You will just waste your time. Get right into nursing; don’t give up trying getting into nursing program. It is very hard to get into but out of all the colleges you apply you will definitely get in. Just because it is senior year do not party every weekend take your time doing college essays prepare everything in the beginning so you do not rummage through at the end. Apply for US citizenship as soon as possible. Do not wait till you are in college to apply, makes your life so much easier when you get into college. In the summer take LNA courses so you can start working as a LNA and gain experience. In summer weekend volunteer at the hospital and in the weekdays volunteer at Red Cross. Prioritize your studies first. Get involve in school. Since you love running don’t stop running in senior year. Don’t party all the time. You will regret it later.

Justine

I would tell my high school senior self to creat good study habits. College professors can't worry about whether or not you have work or you were out late, or that you have other things to do in a week. You need to learn how to juggle your schedule and make time for studying and homework assignments. Also try and have some fun your senior year, you'll be wishing for the days when high school was your biggest problem and whether or not you were going to prom. Life gets more complicated the older you get, so have fun, study hard, and espically listen to your parents. They know a lot more than you think they do.

Cynthia

Reminiscing of how far I have come is amazing. First things first, I would tell my younger self to relax! After high school graduation, it is simply a time to spend with your friends and family and shop for room decorations, not to stress about what to expect. You only have those few weeks before it all begins. I went away for college to really get the college experience and I was a nervous wreck. Looking back now, I realize how far I have come. I have grown so much, but still have held onto whom I am. I have made some mistakes I can’t change, but college is all about a time to learn, not just inside the classroom, but with all aspects of life and more. College goes quick. Before you know it you are out in the real world, fighting with the wolves of the business world. I would tell my younger self, to embrace everything that comes your way, enjoy every minute that passes by, and grab every opportunity that presents itself. College is a world of fun, but what you take with you is an education that brings hope and life-long relationships.

Before you start school make sure that you are a hundred persent sure that you are satisfied with your major. Look to the future and see if it will lead you down the path that you desire. Once you have made your decision, stay focued and don't let anyone or anything stad in your way. Listen to your advisors, and choose only the clsasses that will help you graduate. Make sure that you get as much as you can from financial aid and save up in case you run out of money. You can do it, good luck.

Deborah

Assuming that I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, and knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would advise that much attention be given to goal setting, prioritizing and discipline. I believe that this is the formula for a successful college life. The Bible says that without a vision people perish. I believe that a vision is what inspires and motivates people to action. Goal setting gives you the vision you need to move ahead. It's necessary for a successful college life. In order to realize your vision, I believe you must prioritize. Prioritizing doesn't put off the things that are necessary for your college success. Prioritizing puts the necessary things first. Prioritizing is essential to college life. Discipline is also essential for a successful college student. There must be a balance of study and recreation. There maybe times when studying must take precedence over recreation. A discipline of good study habits is a must for success. If I knew back then what I know now, I would follow my advice for a successful college life that would include goal setting, prioritizing and discipline.

JOHN

From as early as I could remember, I wanted to work in a visual medium. I am currently enrolled as a full time student, studying to be a Visual Communications Technician. I work on campus at Ocean County College in New Jersey. My current work is as a media technician, but, the position is only part time. I am planning to work on campus as a full time employee, finish my communications degree, and plan to work in the film and television field. I have also taken courses in teaching, and I have tutored English reading and writing for many years. I have worked in the corporate, academic, and retail environments, and I have over fifteen years experience in the customer service field. I have an ability to communicate and get along well with my fellow students and work colleagues. Your scholarship fund will not be taken for granted. Over the years I have proven to be a productive member of society, and I wish to continue learning and working hard to achieve my goals. Thank you for your time and consideration, John Seery

matt

The program tought me the necessary tools i need to know to be an electrican. I have learned how to take accurate measurements on bending and cutting conduit. I was tought how to hook up different types of equipment and was told how they worked. I think college made it easier on me. Im sure if i didnt go to college and i went straight to working i wouldnt have gone as far as i have as fast as i have.

Although I have only completed one semester of college thus far, it has been the first impressions of college life that have been an eye-awakening experience that will last my whole lifetime. High school was undemanding and lacked a challenge, and because of that I was spoiled academically. Attending a university has been a thrilling challenge that has engaged my full efforts. In reaction to the rising demands of college life, I have found many of my life skills to be improoving. Time-mangagement has been a crucial skill that has developed this past semester. Additionally, the stresses of my college work load have required me to pay closer attention to my personal well-being physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. The rumors that the first semester in college is "make or break" is beyond true, and I am proud to say that I have made it through my first semester extremely successfully and look forward to the increasing challenges of semesters to come.

From my college experience I have met a wide diversity of students and have become friends with some of them. There are so many resources available for help that it is kind of mind blowing. The professors are very helpful and kind. The campus is peaceful and beautifil so I can find a place to study anywhere and still get my work done and not get stressed or distracted.

helena

n/a

I have learned that there do exist places where the people truly want to learn, and learn well. College has shown me dedicated and hard-working students who are willing to sacrifice their comfort and needs in order to work toward their goals. Attending college has taught me how to work, even if the work is only to study and learn, and how to be supportive when a situation seems hopeless. Most importatantly, college has taught me to face my fears and just do it, even when I feel like giving up. It's taught me courage, and strength, and how to fight and triumph over my weaknesses.

Sherry

I have gained countless networking leads, not only from students but from teachers that have or some still do work in my chossen feild. I also found out much more about not only my chossen area of study but many of the related jobs and feilds that my degree can lead to, Most require little to no extra trainig. I'v made many new freinds that will soon be co-workers and it's made this move in to a new career much easyer. And due to my extern ship I have the oppertunity to " try " my new job and receive extra help befor I start as an emploee. This has been a goal for a long time and untill I did it I never thought I could. College has been nothing like I expected but its been good non the less.

Nina

My college experience has been rather interesting these past few years. Having to deal with work, paying tuition, friends, illnesses, and a recent learning disability it was somewhat tough. My first 3 years of college were at a private school called, Dominican University, I have to say that would be the bad part of my college experience. I was dealing with teachers who did not put forth the effort to help you when you needed it, people questioning the reasons you were in college just because you didn't have a set major yet. It was a bit pressuring to be there. On top of all that I felt that I wasn't getting the education that I needed, I felt I wasn't learning anything. But now, I've transferred to Lewis University, another private school, and I absolutely love it. It's the complete opposite of Dominican. Wonderful teachers who will do anything to help you, and take the time to sit down and talk to you. The faculty and staff of the offices are very helpful. I feel that I've started school all over again. I'm proud of my decision.

Wendy

College has been an amazing esperience, I have learned a lot about my self. More so because of Lewis University, I have learned that I should expect bigger and better things for myself. My professors have pushed me and motivated me to not settle for anything less than amazing. I have worked hard and can now say I know I am capable of more than i ever thought before. I am more motivated than ever to do great in school and to become an amazing nurse. The nursing program at Lewis is interested in helping you become a sucessful student and nurse and will help in anyway possible to help you reach your sucess. I am very thankful to have the opportunity to attend Lewis.

The advice I would give to my high school self, if I went back in time, would be to enjoy life. You do not have to worry about school all the time. There should be time to relax, too. The first year of college I was stressed all the time and thought I had to do anything to get good grades. However, as a third-year in college, I realized that I have to have time to relax and enjoy life a day at a time. Worrying about a project that is not due for another month is a waste of time. It should be a working progress throughout the month and not finished over one weekend because you (I) think that there will be no time. School and getting a higher education is important, but it should not take over your life. There should also be time to relax and enjoy the little things in life.

I would of told myself to be ready to study more and have more freedom. I would of been more talkative and maybe went to a school with someone I knew. I wanted to go where no one went, but I don't think it was a good idea. I think I would have a better time with my friends and meet more people. I just wish I can make more friends and be able to study more.

The first piece of advice that I'd give myself is to relax. At this point I?ve already been accepted to Lewis University and so now I need to concentrate on finishing out the year strong. As far as the transition to college life, I?ll be just fine. As a commuter student the only thing that will change for me is my schedule. I will be spending less time in class and more time doing homework. As far as finding my classes, I?ve already been to visit the school campus, I have a map, and if I get lost all I have to do is ask someone. Anything else that I need to know, including how to get my books, I can find at the school?s website (which I?ve already visited numerous times). The best advice that I could give myself as a high school senior is to relax and make sure that while I?m working hard to cross the finish line of graduation, I?m having fun along the way. I?ll make the transition from high school to college smoothly, as long as I remember to stay calm and to trust myself.

jimine

I would first tell myself not to allow too much time to pass between high school and college. It becomes increasingly difficult to return the longer you wait. So I would certainly tell myself not to wait 11 years to return. However, it has been an excellent experience and I am very grateful for the opportunity to have had to return to school. It is never too late!

As a college sophomore, I have gained so much knowledge of college life. If I could time travel to when I was a senior in high school, I would warn myself about all the responsibilities a college student has. For starter, I would recommend saving money/applying for scholarships to help pay for college tuition. Moreover, College courses involve mostly reading and writing. If I were a high school senior, I would definitely recommend reading and writing consistency because it would have help the transition to college easier. Additionally, I would tell myself to be more involved in school activities and programs from the start of college. Lewis University has so many programs to offer a student, but I did not know that certain programs excited. I would recommend looking more in depth at school activities before the first day in college. Overall, I would tell myself to enjoy my last days in high school and get ready for a rollercoaster ride because a college student has to dedicate time and effort to their education. College life is not all about courses; it is about discovering what the meaning behind the knowledge is and applying it to your everyday life.

Monika

if i can go back in time i would love to so thay i can tell myself what to expect and what to do about college. if i had a chance i would change so much when i was a senior i would take a class at a community college my senior year since my high school gave us a free bee for free. so that i can have atleast one class in and credits . After that i would take atleast two classes in the summer at a community college . why i would want to do this is becasue college does take time and the sooner you start classes the better becauce you can graduate early.Also, because college is very hard and not to take it for granted just because you only need to take five classes you really do need to study harder and more out of school then in school.

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say a few things about what to really expect in college. One, it is important to work hard and play hard. School comes first, but it is also important to balance a social life as well. Second, to just take a deep breath and not stress. Usually what I worry the most about never happens anyways, or if it does it ends up playing out well. Third, it is crucial to remain in contact with high school friends, but be open to making new friends. Some of my best friends are both from high school and college. And lastly, enjoy the college experience!!! I believe college to be the best four years of my life, not high school.

Take more time to spend with the friends you will be leaving behind.

Alejandra

If I could give myself advice before starting college I would tell myself this: socialize! My school had a few events before classes started especially for commuters like myself in order to meet people. I was reluctant about participating in these events and, to be honest, not really knowing people was a bit difficult. Knowing people and forming bonds is useful in that you can have support from other people, both socially and intellectually. Now, almost a semester and a half in, it is not so bad since I have made friends, but I learned that it is better to get out there and be friendly. School is much easier when you have a support system of people who are going through the same experiences.

Shayla

If i could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior I would have a lot to tell myself. First, I would tell myself to dedicate more time to giving back to the community and volunteer work. It is very impotant to stay involved in extracurricular activities. Second, I would explain to myself to take advantage of the scholarship opportunities that are offered to you as a graduating senior because a college education is very expensive and can take years to complete when you dont have the money. Furthermore, I would explain to myself to stay focused on your studies and carefully balance college life but enjoy the experience because its once in a life time.

Bryan

As a college freshman this year, if I could choose one word to describe what I feel every single day of my life, I would choose ?stressed?. Money is a constant problem. If I could go back in time, I would give myself this advice: ?Put in the work searching for scholarships. Search for the money that is out there, for it IS out there. WE will pay for it later, should you neglect this?. I did not put the required effort searching for financial aid. I had already applied for a few. I thought I would not need to spend as much time searching. Nothing could be farther from the truth. My brother wants to attend college, and I will still be in college when he leaves. Our family simply does not have the money to support two college students without caving in. Once my brother graduates high school, only one of us is going to be seeing our next year of college. I do not want my parents to have to choose. If I could have the opportunity to tell myself this, to give myself a brief glimpse of the future that is today

Knowing what I know about college now, the first thing I would tell myself would be relax. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I ended up at my dream school where I am able to pursue a degree towards my dream career. High school students have a tendency to rush through life to get to college in hopes of finding the best days of their lives. Sometimes we all just need to take a step back and appreciate everything we have and know that everything will work out exactly the way it's supposed to work out. I would love to go back and tell myself the importance of balancing school and friends. Having great friends will make college a great experience and make the countless hours of hard work so much easier. I would tell myself that whenever life and school gets too hard, to go watch a funny movie or go out to eat with some friends. I would tell myself to never let my stress get the best of me and to make the most of each moment because college can truly be an amazing experience.

Attention me! After your stint in the Marine Corps, take computer classes and find an hypnotist to give yourself an "Instant, full-time, photographic memory, for life". Then when colleges start offering online courses you can get many degrees at blinding speed instead of four years each. Plus Harley Gilt's second nickname will become "Dr. Strangelove - Nuclear Missile Flight Tester"!

Camille

I would first and foremost, tell myself go to college. We are in a a time where education is key. Its hard to obtain jobs out here. A college education is needed. A Bachelor's degree is not even enough any more to find a secure job. Once the decision is made to attend college, " shop around". Find a college that suits your needs, wants, and that you are comfortable with. Next, apply for scholarships. Fill out a Fafsa. Yes, education is key, but its costly to finance it . Make sure you do your best your senior year. Study hard in school and on the ACT or SAT. College life is a big transition. But, its get easier. To help with that transition, participate in extracurrecular activities. Go to class, keep up with your work. Study hard. Dont be afraid to meet new people. Make sure there is a balance socially, mentally, educationally, and spiritually. Your college years are, I can say some of the best years of your life. You dont want these years to pass you by and you have nothing to show for it.

Jaime

I would tell myself to stay in school and not to drop out. That after my first year in college I would be presented with the decision of dropping out. However, I would tell myself to fight the circumstances for my having to drop out and find a way to finish my education. I would tell myself that an education is the most valuable thing you can have, and it is something that stays with you for life. That no matter what else comes and goes in life, an education is something that no one can take away from you. It is the most valuable investment you can give yourself. Hopefully these words would be enough to that young man who foolishly gave up too soon.

Imagine college as a job. You aren?t getting paid for it yet BUT the harder you work now, the more you will get out of your college experience, education, AND your future. Get involved, stay active, and try to avoid those ?freshmen twenty.? Be willing to try new things and open to making new friends; and do NOT allow people to walk all over you. Respect and love yourself. Stay positive and never give up. When times get stressful and it feels like there are way too many assignments to get done and not enough time, step back and break it down; take it one assignment at a time and do not allow yourself to think about everything else that has yet to come. Remember how much you love your parents and know that that is reciprocated because there will be days that feel like the end of the world and the only comfort you will have is the voice of your mom telling you everything will be okay. Call them. They love to hear your voice. These years will be the best years of your life. Take pictures, smile more, and most importantly, enjoy every minute of it!!!