Lewis University

« See more reviews of Lewis University

The most frustrating aspect of Lewis University is the small student body. It does have its benefits, especially in the classroom, but outside of class the days tend to proceed quite slowly some times. There are organizations that I do participated in, and it is not the lack of social opportunities that bothers me; it is rather the apparent emptiness of campus. I am somewhat disturbed, at times, when I leave my room and there is no one in sight. I am accustomed to the city, where there are always people out and about. is no one in sight.

Last year I was promised a scholarship and it fell through. I wasn't notifed by phone-one day a scholarship was on my account, the next day it had been removed and I received a phone call from the billing office my account was being sent to collections unless I began payment immediately. I am a working mother of 3 and my husband has taken pay cuts for 3 years (we are expecting the company he works for to go out of business any day). This was a horrible amount of stress.

I have to truly say that Lewis University has been very helpful to me as an adult non traditional student. Lewis Univeristy has made a schedule that allows us to go to school full time, while working full time as well. The staff has been very helpfull. I had tried other schools, but Lewis was the right one for me. I have to say that I haven't found anything frustrating about Lewis University yet.

The school is pretty distant from my house so I have to drive 35 minutes to get there. Since the school is expensive i cannot afford to live on campus. The wi-fi connection is not so great since it is pretty slow. I always have to wait a while for me to get to a certain page. Other than that, it is not bad at all and I do not regret going to lewis university.

The most frustrating thing is that there are options of things to do during the week/weekends, however the funding and resources aren't really there to make it a great activity/event. Also, I am a science major, and for me, the labs need improvements.

The thing that frustrated me the most about Lewis was and is parking! You'd think that because its a smaller school it wouldnt be an issue, but it is. You either have to park far away or get to school pretty early in the morning to find good parking!

I believe what is most frustrating is not being able to get wireless internet everywhere on campus, especially in the dorm rooms. Also it seems like the variety of food served at this school gets more limited with each passing year.

The wireless internet as well as LAN network rarely work efficeintly on campus and our IT department is not very helpful in fixing or correcting the problem, and at many times it can be frustrating when trying to get a project done.

It can be very dead and empty on the weekends due to the fact that it is a large commuter school. I wish more people lived on campus or did not go home all the time. There are not many options for things going on over the weekends.

I find myself frustrated with the off campus living that is offered around Lewis University. It is not a college town so it is hard to find a convenient housing situation when moving off campus.