Lewis University

« See more reviews of Lewis University

I wish I had known that even though the finacial aid here is abundent, it still has a hard time covering the costs of the school. With this school being a private catholic institution, there are many other costs beyond just what tuition requires. Room and board, parking permits, lab fees, books, and many other things at this school can cause many financial headaches for students. I wish that I had known that the school would require so many additional payments for miscellaneous actions. We pay enough with tuition, to have to pay to park is ridiculous.

Before coming to Lewis University, the admissistration provided the incoming freshman with an orentation weekend. There they gave the new students background about the school, the admissistration, campus life, and many other inportant features of Lewis. I feel that one main improvement that could have been made before I came, was for more information to be given about campus policy and ways to recive academic help if needed. This would gaurnetee that if I was struggling my first year, that the school would still support me.

Before coming to Lewis University, I wish that I would have been more organized and would have learned how to manage my time in high school. I learned this the hard way once I started having a lot of homework in my classes and realizing I had little time to complete my assignments. The reason I had little time was because I was somewhat unorganized and I didn’t manage my time well. If I would have known how to do these two things before, the first few months of college would have been less stressful.

I wish I had known a little more about the transfer process. I came from a junior college and felt lost when I entered Lewis. I wish there were more resources that helped with the transfer process. I am an adult student, over thirty, work and have a family I am excited about being in an education environment but I wish I would have known most school activities would take place during the week in the middle of the day. I am disappointed I am unable to participate more in school functions.

I would have liked to know more about their class offerings. In my situation being a transfer student from a large school to a smaller school I did not understand what classes were being provided to students to choose from. I learned from trying to create my schedule that they do not offer some classes every semester, year, or even two years, which is how most smaller schools are ran. Therefore, I had a hard time creating my schedule and trying to fit in the classes i needed for my major.

The one thing I wish I had known before applying to this school was how there were limited spots open in their nursing program. Since I transferred to Lewis, there were certain classes that had to be fulfilled at the actual university and nowhere else before starting the nursing courses. I was taken by surprise because i had fufilled all my prerequisites and that I wanted to start the program right away, but I was delayed by one semester.

Before I started at Lewis University, I wished I had known that I needed to change my study habits. My study habits from high school were horrible, but it worked for me then and I believed that they would work for me in college, as well. However, my old habits would have set me up for failure if I had continued with them, which was a lesson I had to learn the hard way. So it definitely would have been nice if i knew this before.

I wish i had already become a private pilot. It would have made my freshman year a little easier, and it would have saved me a lot of money. i also wish i had known how much it was gonna cost to become a pilot. The advisors here sugar coat the costs of flying to attract students here. They dont tell us the real costs of the average student, they just give us the very unrealistic best case scenario.

I wish I would have known that they continue to enroll students but they do not accomodate as far as facilities go. I wish I would have known that the dorms are not very sound proof. I wish I would have known that my sport is not given the same benefits that other sports that go to my school receieve.

I am currently an aviation major. Before I came to Lewis I wish I would have known more about the preperation I could have done with my pilots liscense. I could have came into school as an Avaition Management student and worked on my pilot's ratings at another airport and saved thousands of dollars.