Liberty University Top Questions

As a School of Music student, I'd say the cliques. There are quite a few and it is easy to feel out of the loop. People from other majors don't seem to have this problem, however.

Meagan

The worst thing? Frankly I love my school, I guess the worst thing is the same thing for any college. Stuff is expensive. The program I am working on (education to become an elementary school teacher) is hard and requires me to work a lot in classrooms and with teachers without being paid. Which makes it really hard to survive long enough to get my degree. That's the truth anywhere though.

Meagan

Living on campus involves a lot of walking. Lots of walking means tired, sweaty (yes, even in the winter), and smelly feet at the end of the day when I want to work out, and when I get back to my room and my roommate is there to share in suffering the smell until I shower.

The worst thing about my school is that every almost every one considers us to be "closed minded Christians." But if you're too open minded then your brains will fall out, right? The truth is, we're a loving University. We're not these crazy "Holy Rollers," per say, who follow a strict set of rules and condemn every one else who doesn't. Our motto is "Training Champions for Christ" and that's exactly what is being done. You see, in John 3:17 it states, "For Christ came not to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him." (NIV) Here we see that Christ Himself, the One who has all authority over all of the earth, didn't even come to condemn, so why should we? We shouldn't and we mustn't. I am not naive enough to think that every single person on this campus has the same view as I do, and that every one here doesn't have a judgmental bone in their bodies, because I'm sure there are some that do. But for the most part, we're the nicest people you will ever meet. Not by anything that we've done, but simply because Christ has transformed us. This day and time every one is offended by every thing and people are rising up against each other for the craziest of things. The line between right and wrong is starting to vanish. Morals are fading. Hospitality is vanishing. Hearts are breaking. The only way that each of those things can be mended is if Jesus is invited into those situations and our nation turns back to God. You see, this University trains us up as Champions for Christ, as I stated. We are equipped with knowledge, scripture, and love. This nation needs Liberty University. This nation needs leaders. This nation needs people who are not afraid to stand up for what is right and not conform to the ways of the world. This nation needs people who will fight for freedom, equality, and moral law. And that's who we are, we are Liberty.

I can't think of any. I don't start there untill next fall and when I went to visit, I didn't really notice anything bad.

The worst thing about Liberty University is that we have a curfew, we are in college, where is our freedom. When we should be considered adults, we are told when we must be back in our rooms. It is unnessary, and makes me feel like I am not an adult that is able to make her own decisions. It may seem small, but that is because I enjoy going to Liberty University and can not complain too much.

There are not many negative things about Liberty University, but if I had to choose one, it would probably be how crowded and packed every classroom, bus, or buidling always is. There are a lot of students who attend here, so it gets crowded very easly.

The only thing would be the distance. Sure I am taking courses online and I'm here in California and the school is in Virginia, but I do wish they had another campus closer to home.

Karina

The only part about Liberty that I would change is the curfew. During the weekdays the curfew is at 12:00a and on the weekends it is 12:30a. The curfew sometimes makes me feel less like an independent college student. At home I never had a curfew so having a curfew at college was a weird transition for me.

The traffic around the school can be pretty bad on weekday mornings, however, if you are not commuting to school and living on campus this will not be a problem. They also addressed this issu by creating a new route into the campus, decreasing much of the traffic pressure.

The tuition and room/board is higher than many public colleges; however, considering Liberty University is a private college, their "worst aspect" is not much to complain about.

Peter

The worst thing about Liberty University in my opinion is the wifi. The wifi on the campus is sketchy and does not always work. It is hard to complete assignments and submit them when the wifi is so slow that one cannot even open a web page.

Savannah

The worst thing can be either lack of communication or receiving confliting information.

That there is not more online involvement with clubs and organizations

dylan

I think Liberty University is an oustanding college and honestly the worst thing I've found is simply that has not yet been given the full credit it deserves. That many still feel a degree from there is not worth as much as others, which is completetly untrue.

The worst thing about my school is the parking. The freshmen are allowed to have cars which takes up a lot of space. The freshman class grows every year. Every year there are less and less places to park.

Kerilynn

The fact that hotels for graduation sell out 1 YEAR before the actual graduation. No one told me that, or I would have tried to reserve a room as soon as I applied.

I do not really have any complaints about Liberty. I love my school and all that it has to offer.

The worst thing about Liberty is they don't allow students to watch 'R' rated movies. When I am not studying I enjoying watching a wide array of different movies and some of my favorites are rated 'R'. This is unfortunate but we all live with it.

Rosalind

I am graduated high school and will be attending liberty in the fall ! I dont have an actual idea of what it is like but i am confident that it will be great !

Sandra

It is expensive.

Although the school has numerous strong points, their achilles heel seems to be communication. When I applied for Liberty, I had some trouble reaching them about questions I had. There were several occasions where I would e-mail them and never get a reply. Even now that I am a student there are times when Liberty's communication skills seem to be lacking.

Ruben

The worst thing at my school is how small or routine things can be when staying on campus for a long period of time.

Dawne

I started Liberty University May 2013, and I do online classes. As a whole Liberty is a great Christian school that makes disciples of their students. As an online student, it is challenging to have 12 or more credit hours. I only recommend online classes to those who are self-motivated and are serious about getting an education. Through my experience, all of my professors have been available to answer questions or work out any problems I may have had. Personally, I have not had any bad experiences with Liberty, so I can' not say anything bad about them.

The worst thing about the school would have to be all of the construction. it really is not a bad thing because the university is building for the future.

Dont have anything negative to say at this point

Loren

The worst thing about my school is that it cost so much. I think it is because it is a private school, and it is cheaper than most private schools, but still it does cost alot for me.

Deontay

The price of the school is very expensive and I hope I can get some financial funding to help pay for it.

Aimee

I would have to say the worst thing about this school is the fact that some of the professors have no care in the world about their students and the drive to see them succeed. I went through surgury for cancer in my gallbladder, and my professor wasn't understanding at all. I failed the class and had to retake it this semester, due to late assignments.

The PARKING. Being a younger univerity, LU is still going through some major changes aesthetically and so there has been tons of construction over the past couple years. The parking situation at LIberty (which will be fixed one day) is quite annoying--both the limited space and the nazi-like parking enforcement. I'm happy that Liberty is fixing this issue with the new master plan for the school!

Mitch

The worst thing about my school is that my entire education is online. However, this us partly why I chose liberty, since I work a fulltime job this allowed me to go to work fulltime and be enrolled in school fulltime. So the worst thing is actually one of the best!

JOSHUA

The tution is the worst thing about my school. The tution is very high and I will be in debut because of the tution prices; however, the school is the school I love and I hate the fact that money determines so much about my life and the things I can do with it.

The constant emphasis on finding a spouse is an exhausting and irritating phenomenon, especially if you're perfectly content being single.

its very expensive. other than that its an amazing school.

Sometimes not all of the rules are enforced. Such as dress code or if they know that someone is using drugs or alcohol they don’t always respond in the way that they state in their code of conduct. So the student leadership sometimes turn a blind eye.

I consider the worst thing about my school to be the fact that we are getting too large. We cannot keep up with the amount of students who are enrolling into Liberty. Other than that, they have exceptional facilities, people, and support.

robert

I have not found anything wrong with Liberty up to now.

Darnell

Have not attended school yet.

Priscilla

The school is very religious and consercutive. The school was founded on religious beliefs.

Bobby

It doesn't affect me as much but the curfew is 12. I can see how that would be a bummer for most students. The rules like that are real specific like the dress code, but it is all in good intentions. After a while being here you dont think about it.

Kyler

The worst thing about Liberty University is the main dining hall, Reber-Thomas, jokingly called The Rot. Apart from the salad bar, the food there is really not good. Luckily, there are plenty of other dining choices around campus so it is easy enough to avoid going there for food.

This is a difficult question to answer because I really do love everything about my school. The only negative thing I have to say about Liberty is that I believe we as a univesrity strive to much for others approval. I sometimes think that we get lost in others opinions instead of focusing on God's opinion and approval. In this generation, we as Christians are being exposed to some very wordly things. I would hate to see this striving Christian university fall into the things of the world and begin to lose focus on what God has for it.

I think the worst thing about this school would have to be some of the hoops that one must go through for any financial help. I was on the phone constantly with people from the Financial Aid trying to get signatures from my parents (who are in a third world country) and get papers sent in. There were some people who were very helpful, yet others had me so frustrated. I spent countless hours trying to get help, and everything was complicated.

The worst thing of the school is probably the curfew. It can be annoying to have to be back to the school by midnight, especially on weekends. I am in college now and should be able to handle the respnsibility of a bedtime. Some nights I dont mind but other times I want to be out doing things.

The worst thing about shool is how much it cost. I love coming to Liberty but it is hard for me to pay for school because it is a private institution and I am not a VA resident.

Shawn

Nothing. My school is awesome.

Caleb

The worst thing about my school is the distance from dorm to class room. Liberty University has a very large campus and is very spread out. This makes it difficult to get to class quickly and not have to travel so far.

The worst thing about my school is they don't having a lot of car space for the all of the resident and non-residents students that drive at Liberty University and