Liberty University Top Questions

The school is always building something new, so there's always construction detours for pedestrians (which means more walking, which if frustrating if you're in a hurry), and plenty of construction noise.

Although thier is very little to complain about at Liberty University, the money has always been the most frustrating part of being a student here. It is quite expensive to go here and the funds are not always there when you need them the most.

Pedro

In the time frame attending Liberty University I have had no fustrating moments in school.

Angelia

Nothing is frustrating . Everything has been/is great.

Nothing is frustrating.

I can't say I've run into any bumps in the road just yet. Very impressed by the institution.

Rakeem

Only the fees you literaly have to pay for anything you want to do. Looking at transcript 20 dollars, sending 25,

kelsey

If there was one thing I could change, it would be that it is so big.

The only thing I can think of is rather trivial: I do not like to make my bed on Convocation days.

Lack of social interaction in the online school.

So far, nothing.

Krista

Liberty University is a Christian school, so the pressure to be a good person at all times is unbearable. If you make one mistake, many people judge you and look at you as if you are the devil. Being real with people is hard too, in fear of being judged. For a Christian school, some of the people here can be extremely judgemental.

Loren

The school is having a hard time finding room to grow. It started out small and the city grew around it, so now it is stuck between two highways. There is not alot of room for parking or more dorms. However, I do believe they are on the verge of fixing this problem.

Kyra

I have not found anything that has frustrated me so far and I don't think I will.

The internet is constantly slow and often unreliable. For a university boasting of technology, zero debt, and a prestigious online school, you would think that they could improve their internet or buy more routers.

The large size. I graduated from a class of 22 and wanted a Chrisitan College bigger than that. I have taken dual enrollment online classes with Liberty and received college and high school credit. I enjoyed them very much. In applying to and working through Liberty's administrative structure there seems to be a lot of duplication of information going on between departments. For instance, I am already a student at Liberty and I am receiving literature encouraging me to look at Liberty as my college of choice. Waste of postage and promo materials. :(

Dominica

The most frustrating thing about this school are the rules and the amount of required classes. Most of the rules are pretty easy to follow, but some of the RA's are too picky and seem to look for something that is wrong with what you are wearing. There are many required Bible classes that I don't think we should have to take if we have already taken them in high school.

Jordyn

The curfew, dress code and housing policies.

Chase

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of parking spaces. The student body at Liberty University is very diverse. There are students from all fifty states as well as international students. With this many people it is hard for the administration to create enough parking on campus. This causes many students to have to walk very long distances to get their car. This can be quite a hassle for students who work, or for students who are trying to make it back by the curfew that Liberty has set in place.

Rhonda

The most frustrating thing is really not about the school, but about me. I'm a returning student after being away from the educatioinal system for 20+ years and find myself having to work harder than the younger students to excel. There is the benefit of wisdom, but it sure would be nice to pair that with vitality!

Regina

Before you start classes you do not have an academic counselor. So I have been bounced around with at least six different people, with six different answers. Also trying to find out which program is eligible for the grant that I am applying for.

kalisha

Nothing really what is frustrating me right is that i have to do an Appeal for my summer class is that they asking for my dr said he can't put on the letter

I am a on-line student. The most frustrating thing about my school is not being able to talk to instructor on the phone. You must communicate mostly through e-mail.

The campus is very large so one frustrating thing would be if you would happen to get on crutches for whatever reason its hard to try and rough it on foot. But the great thing is they have the police and buses who will tend to those needs. Some have problems with some of the rules such as curfew or some dress issues but once here it doesn't seem like such a big deal, especially since Lynchburg doesn't have much open after 12 anyway.

The most frustrating thing about my school Liberty University is the admissions process. I do not live in the state and my schooling will be done online. During my admissions process instead of speaking to one person throughout the application, I have to speak to many people. This is frustrating because I have to repeat my circumstances almost each phone call. It's not the worst experience; however having one person to speak to would make it a much smoother transition.

Dena

Very strict when it comes to proper grammer and spelling. If you dont use the right software program for the assingment you also loss points.

Kacy

My name is Kacy Kimbrell. I am not currently enrolled in school, but I will be attending in January. I cant say anything in regards to school being frustrating. I am the mother of a beautiful, four month old little boy. I was planning on being a stay at home mom but now that I am single I will be going back to school to provide a better life for my son and myself. I am excited about advancing my education.

The most frustrating thing at Liberty would be the rules. If you came from a home that did not have a curfew, let you sleep at whoevers house you wanted, allowed you to skip class, and miss school meetings, you are in for a rude awakening. We have a curfew, we must attend convocation, we cannot kiss, or go into dorms of the opposite. These rules may seem trivial and not necessary but it is designed to keep you away from temptation. They keep your integrety up and help you to live a life that people admire.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the rules. They are a little extreme and I feel as if sometimes work against me in my school work.

Liberty University offers many advising services to their students; however, the most frustrating service provided is the Housing Office. Students must know the dorm, floor, and room in which they which to reside because the requests cannot be changed for several months after they are submitted. It is not the Office of Student Housing overall that presents frustration, but rather some of the policies which are in place.

If I had to choose something, I guess I would have to comment on the dress code. Some of the rules seem to be a little outdated.

Seth

The most frustrating issue on Liberty's campus is a failure to expect the rapid growth and plan accordingly. There are not enough parking lots and many dorms are being overfilled.

Georgianna

The small things like poorly organized events that are advertised to be better than what they are but there is honestly nothing that is really frustrating here that I would say inhibits my student position.

They put a lot of impasis on sports and not as much on academics.

in one building the room numbering system is completely random and has no point to it. then another building is literally a maze and it is very easy to get lost.

The most frustrating thing about Liberty University has got to be the structure of the school. The structure of the school is more compact than schools that i have been to in the past. Because of the surrounding mountainous terrian, the school is forced to be in a more compact form. The parking is just enough for the amount of students that come to the school. This makes for frustration during times of events or gatherings at the college. This also is a negative experience finding parking during late hours when all students are on campus.

The most frustrating thing about Liberty University is the rules, thrice-weekly convocation, and how everything on campus closes for Sunday night and Wednesday night church. I understand the purpose behind all three, but if church is optional, and we are "students first," then why are all other options for those time slots closed to students?

One of the most frustrating things about my school is the fact that there are more students on campus than there should be. Students are already made to have three to a dorm room, but there is an oppurtunity to pay more and live with just one roommate. Well this past year Liberty accepted more students than they had space for and the students who had planned on living with two to a room, ended up living three to a room, because there was simply not enough dorm space to accommodate them.

Felicia

The most frustating things about school is the lack of finances to attend. A student has to be very determined to attain goals so that includes being determined to be financially successful in that they should seek all the options and assistance available to them.

So far I haven't experienced any frustrations as this will be my first semester at this particular college. The books are more expensive than I have previously experienced, and the classes are slightly shorter due to 8 week terms, however this will allow me to complete the degree faster.

Toni

I can't think of anything frustrating about my school. I attend classes online, so I am able to keep my full time job and care for my family, while pursuing my degree as an educator. I choose the hours I want to work, and am givent deadlines to complete my assignments and tests. I think it is the best thing ever.

The most frustrating thing about Liberty is the cost and expenses that drain my bank account.

No doubt the most aggravating thing about Liberty University is the process for financial aid. There are so many people that work in the Financial Aid department that whenever you call you always seem to get a different person. On top of that, each person seems to have something different to tell you. If you are applying for a lot of Financial Aid, try to start early. If you don't you are in for a very long, hair-pulling, teeth-grinding, experience.

Gillian

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be the curfew. The curfew is set at 12 am on week nights and 12:30 am on weekends. Although it is good to have a reasonable curfew so that the homewoek is not neglected, sometimes there is a want to stay out longer, especially on weekends. When this happens, it is frustrating that I have to go back and be in the dorm.

Lilian

I think the most frustrating thing about Liberty are the rules, what is known as the Liberty Way. There are so many rules about what seems to be every aspect of life. Everything from clothes to relationships. Sometimes, I'll admit it's frustrating to keep up with them.

Trisha

I guess the most frustrating thing to some people would be some of the rules about the dress code and conduct. Either you love the fact that its a conservative school or you don't. If someone values academic integrity, they will love Liberty. If they want to cheat and don't want to work, they probably do not belong on this campus. Taking classes online, the biggest frustration can be getting a hold of a few professors, but that's very rare.

Ryanne

The most frustrating thing for me is that there aren't any jobs on campus for people who are not work-study approved. I live in a resort area in a house that we bought for a really good price from a friend and because of that i'm not work-study approved but I still have trouble finding a job and being able to pay for my college.

Bryant

Keep my Grade point average high

Samuel

The most frustrating thing about my school is definitely the strict rules. I agree with the rules against drinking, drug usage and other related rules, but some of them are just rediculous. For example we have a dress code that we have to abide by and we also have a midnight curfew. Another one that really bothers me is the rule against girls entering the guys dorms and vice versa. I think if they would adjust these rules or even modify them then the school would grow in student enrollment drastically.

Caleb

Liberty University is a school with plenty of restrictions set upon students activities that most other schools do not enforce. The rules do not allow students in a relationship to kiss or show that level of affection on campus, nor are males allowed in female doors or vice versa. These rules are put in place because of the strong Christian worldview held by the University. The rules set in place are not frustrating to most, but individuals who do not share the same Christian beliefs may find these rules frustrating.