Liberty University Top Questions

Miranda

I wish someone would have warned me about how hard the transition from High School to College would be, and that to thrive in the transition, I would need to get connected with friends and people who would encourage and help me.

Adam

I wish I would have known how much my life would change so quickly. I have done a complete 180 since I have been here and it has been the best thing that has ever happend to me.

Joshua

Before I came to attend Liberty University, I wish that I had known more about the campus, and the great community of the university. Beings that I live in Colorado and that I am financially limited to traveling, I was not able to visit the college until the day that all of us students moved onto campus. Even after arriving on campus, the student body, professors, and administration, always made sure that I felt at home and also made sure that I was taken care of. Knowing that, trying to choose a college would have been easier.

Spencer

Honestly, how diverse the beliefs of the students are, desptie being predominatly Christian and Conservative, there are students that have diverse religious and political views. Surprisingly, despite the sterotype to the contrary, the student body tends to be respectful of this diversity, whilst still attempting to show the merit of both Christianity and Conservatism to those who are not.

Richard

I wish I would of looked into the area surrounding the school along with local organizations that are available. In addition, knowing all the rules of the University to avoid breaking any school rules. Besides this everything else is what I expected it to be.

Catherine

As a transfer student from another school, I was often afraid of what others might think when I changed schools or programs. I would tell myself that it is okay to follow your passions whether or not there is financial gain involved. Money is a plus, sure, but there would be no reason in wasting time planning your career based off of money or family opinions if you are not passionate about what you are doing. Only God can choose what is in store for you, and more than likely, you would make a greater influencce on someone's life!

Connor

One thing I wish I could have known about Liberty is that the school has an amazing community. I was homeschooled before going into college, so I was a very introverted kid. But over my first semester, I made a lot of good friends, and really opened up myself to them. But this didn't happen until late in the semester. During the beginning I was basically on my own and it wasn't easy to get through. So I wish I could have known just how many great friends I was going to make at school beforehand.

Daniel

I wish I knew what my plans were academically so I knew what I needed to do.

Gerald

I wish I had known about the school itself or how the whole University/College works before I applied to the school.

I wish I had taken more of the general education classes so I didn't have to take them when I came here. I also wish I had figured out the bes tway to study. Learn to discipline yourself to study in the ways that are helpful to you.

Rosalind

I am attending liberty in the fall

Sierra

There is nothing I did not really know about the school. I made sure I was educated about everything having to do with my school.

Lincoln

I would just say to the prospective students to get to know your adviser and stay in contact with them. Don't be afraid to ask questions and learn the bus routes and the hours they run.

Gabriel

There weren't really any surprises, this school is 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} what they say they are.

I wish I had known that not everyone at this school is actively spiritual. While Liberty is a great place to nurture your faith, one of the biggest oppositions to spiritual growth on campus is apathy.

Tammy

n/a

Destiny

I wish I had known the requirement for staying in on-campus housing until I am 21. I also would have liked to have known what the ROTC units were like before accepting the offer of attendance.

Margaret

I wish I had thought about this school before I had went to my previous schools. Administrative staff was very helpful and the people you speak with treats you as a human and not just another number.

Dawne

As an online student, I wish I had looked into how the online studies were setup. By this I mean knowing how much I had to read in a week, time limits on tests and assignments.

Taylor

I am attending online, and I wish I had realized how much I would miss social interaction. I plan to transfer this fall to a regular brick-and-mortar school.

Nathan

my own interest.

Meagan

.

Deontay

I will be attending Liberty University this fall. The job market in the area to find a part time job to help pay some the expense of school.

Bradley

Forget any conceptions of what college is "supposed to be" before you move in at Liberty University. This university has rearranged my priorities and ideas of what the college life looks like. The powerful influence of caring professors reoriented me during freshman year to value a nourished mind first and friendships second.

Amy

I have only done courses online some. Therefore I can not give an accurate statement on this question.

Dillon

No one is going to make you do anything! You must have a good work ethic and force yourself to get your work done even if you dont feel like doing it.

Rebecca

Personally, I wish I had realized my own value more. I wish I had appreciated the high standards Liberty held for their students. Liberty University is a fantastic place to grow in your faith, but it is still just as easy to make bad decisions and have your faith be tested. I wish I had realized that even though Liberty University is a christian school everyone here is not a christian and you still need to pick your friends carefully.

Jaime

I would tell myself repeatedly that I should try all the activities available at Liberty University and allow myself to be completely immersed in the different culture and spirituality. I would also want to stress to myself not to worry about figuring everything out quickly, in time I will know exactly who God has made me to be and it will make perfect sense. I would not change anything about my friends, trials, and experiences rather I would simply give confidence to myself to keep going, look to the Lord, and never ever give up.

Rontoya

Really and truly Everything that I expected happened when I came on campus. Nothing really suprised me. I was able to see what the school was like before I attended during a college for a weekend event and everything that was introduced to me during college for a weekend was exactly the same when I came here to start school.

Abigail

How little financial aid was available to me so I could get started on scholarship applications sooner.

Erin

The online program at Liberty University can be intense because sixteen weeks of material is taught in an eight week period, so there is a lot of reading involved.

Esther

that all advisors are usually different and are not well informed about each student particular case

Micah

Before coming to Liberty University, I wish that I had known how to study. College is a tough place accademically and if you don't have the right tools, know how to study, then you will falter. In high school I didn't apply myself and never learned how to study. If I had been tought how to study properly I surely would have done better in my first semester at Liberty.

Seamus

my school has a program called college for a weekend, which i did attend and they told me everything i needed to know before coming to school.

Audrey

I wish I had known how to manage my time more wisely before I went, because there are so many amazing things to get involved in, it is hard to stay on top of everything!

Jordynn

Nothing that I can think of. I am attending school online.

Luis

That I could have started sooner than later.

Marcos

I wish that I had know about the Student Leadership Team that is present on each hall. After My first year i have decided to join in on this oppurtunity so that I may help others grow spiritually as I have been helped.

Lindsey

I wish I would have known that a lot of the mandatory bible classes would not be accepted at other colleges. Because of this even if I wanted to transfer I can't because I will be behind.

Lyndsie

I wish I would have known all of the clubs you have the opportunity to be in.

Jacqueline

I wish I had known about all the scholarships that I could have gotten before I got here. I am paying for my own education, and it is not cheap. I also wish I was notified of some of the rules before I got into trouble. Not that knowing the rules before I got here would have altered my decision of coming, but it would have been nice knowing instead of getting into trouble.

I wish I had know to take advantage of all the different scholarships available and been a little more organized. I relied on government financial aid and scholarships through the school, which just isn't enough. I wish someone had told me to apply to every scholarship that you can, even if you don't think you need it. Money runs out faster than you earn it.

David

How great this school really is and how beautiful the area is.

Colleen

I wish I had known just how far away from my home in NY it was. It's not too far, but I cannot get home as quickly as I would have liked.

Corey

I wish i had known what major to choose. But besides that this college is great, highly recommend it.

I was actually well-informed on most aspects of Liberty University before I got here. I attended one of their CFAWs (College For a Weekend). During that time, I was able to stay in a dorm, meet new people, and learn my way around the campus. It was very informative. One thing that I would have liked to truly realize beforehand is how important it is to keep up with the reading assignments in the classes. They do let you know this at the beginning of the year - but its something you only fully realize after your first semester.

Erica

There is nothing about Liberty University that took me by surprise, in fact all of my worries are repeatedly relieved as I interact with the staff at Liberty. The only part of "college life" that I am ignorant about, which would apply to any college or university, is the logistics of the financial obligation (financial aid). Because the financial obligation carries a heavy load even long after graduation, it is necessary for a student to plan wisely as to where they plan to attend school and how to secure money to help minimize the the debt.

Kimberly

I wish I would have known how easy it was to get my education back on track.

Adrienne

I wish I knew everything I know now 10 years earlier.

Jordan

I wish I had known that not everyone comes to school with the mindset of receiving a quality education.