New York, NY
LIM College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend LIM College

Gabrielle

LIM College is a private school located in the heart of midtown. The school has an open door policy which makes getting in contact with teaches and facility either in person via email very simple. Because of this policy I personally feel like my teachers want me to succeed.

Tiana

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to stop being so nervous. College is something that has changed me tremendously, although I have only finished one semester. I have learned more about myself, and the love that my parents have for me, in one semester of college than four years of high school has ever taught me. I have learned how to save, how to appreciate, and how to remain humble, and I would not have learned these life long lessons while still being in high school. I would also tell myself to stop worrying so much, I have to remember that if it is meant to be, it will be.

Before coming to this school, I wish I would have known to have previous work experience. In searching for a job, I had major competition because almost everyone else in my school had years of retail experience. I was blessed with my current job, I was hired on the spot without any experience.

The most frustrating thing about going to my school is how expensive the tuition is. Although going to this school has provided me with various resources, including a job, it scares me knowing the amount of debt I'll be in after college.

Daniella

Some friendly and normal and some snobby and stuck up.

Some friendly and normal and some snobby and stuck up.

I think the biggest advice that I would give to my high school self would be to enjoy being young and not having as many responsbilities because when you get to college it all changes. Also another is to stay true to yourself and to not be easily influenced. Its more important to remember where you came from and to use that to make the life you want. Do well in school, get involved, make mistakes, but most of all learn from them and better yourself to make yourself a role model to others.

That it is such a great school that wants their students to succeed. Its a type of school that is both acadmeic and career focussed and the job placement after graduation is very high.

Kamira

I consider the professors the best thing about my school because they are very knowledgable about the industry and are currently owrking in the industry. Also, most of the professors are very engaging in their teachings and make the lessons interesting.

That I wouldnt be granted as much of financial aid as I used to as an independent student.

If I were to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to focus more on school and getting good grades so that I could have a better GPA to get excepted into a good school with possibly a scholarship. I would tell myself how expensive college is and in order to not be in debt you have to apply for scholarships day and night to lessen your owing of tuition. I would express to myself how important it is to have a bachlor's degree to get a good paying job to live comfortably. If I could go back in time to talk to myself, I would tell myself to look at my mother's life as an example and use that as motivation to do better, be better and strive harder for success!

Logan

My classmates are young, edgy, fashionistas with expensive taste.

My classmates are young, edgy, fashionistas with expensive taste.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to appreciate my classmates, family, vulnerability, and time way more then I did. I was so ready to leave home and gain more freedom by going to college, that I basically slept through my senior year. Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I wish I had spend more time having fun with my friends and enjoying my Mom's home cooked dinners, instead of dreading my last year in high school.

The worst thing about my school is the time it takes to get between campus buildings. My school is in New York City, and we are required to travel on the subway for twenty to thirty minutes to get from the dorm to the academic building.

Lilly

I would tell myself to live in the dorms because it's hard to make friends at college when you commute.

It is easy to get good grades at LIM College.

Grace

When I tell others about Laboratory Institue of Merchandising, I bring up the phenomenal networking this college has and the endless amount of internships LIM College offers. The personal relationship you create with your professors are also something so amazing about this college.

I must say the only downfall about this amazing college is the 20 minute commute everyday to classes.

Dear High School Self, Please don't worry so much! Go with the flow, have more fun and whatever you do don't let anyone drag you down. EVER.

The best thing about LIM College is that we have so many events with industry professionals and we get to learn how to newtwork which prepares us for the business world. Also everyone commutes in some way shape or form, even if you live on campus, it teaches you a lot!

I love that LIM College is an inter city campus, there is so much for us to do outside of school functions. New York City is an amazing place to be and we are encouraged to get out and explore the city.

Katie

Throughout my college experience, I have learned that dedication and hard work pays off in the classroom and in the workplace. I have managed to work and go to college for the last four years and the balance of these two, while stressful, has enabled me to move up in the company I work for. College has been valuble to me because I would not be where I am today without my associate degree, but I do not plan on stopping there. With my goals set at keeping my 4.0 GPA and achieving a masters degree, I have found that I would not be where I am without the coworkers who encouraged me to better myself with education, teachers who inspired me, and the projects and papers that were challenging but, opened my mind to new ideas. For the next two years I will be working with a set group of students in the classroom. In the beginning of the program, we all set the same goal of graduating in 2012 with a 4.0 GPA and a bachelor degree in marketing. Having that support has kept me motivated and helped me when subjects have challenged me the most.

LIM College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.