New York, NY
LIM College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend LIM College

Stevie

I have learned a lot of harsh realities while at college. New York City, as beautiful as it is, can be a cold concrete desert at times. In both the fashion and business world, you will have to deal with people who are difficult, close-minded, and just plain unintelligent. It is tough to make friends in such a competitive field. The only person you can rely on is yourself. But I have also learned a few things that have helped be a lot while in college. I have learned that I am capable of getting good grades and forming productive relationships with professors. I am capable of getting the things I want, and I am the only one standing in my way. I can and wil do whatever I can in my power to achieve my goals and graduate from this school with high marks and high hopes for the future.

I wish I had known that it wan't as excusive of a school as they make it out to be; there are plenty of unintelligent people who attend this school, and some of them are not career-focused at all.

Someone who truly wants to get into the business of fashion and is not afraid of hard work should attend this school.

Aurora

LIM is best known for being the "College for the Business of Fashion". There is no design program but all students learn vaulable business skills that are transferable to different types of jobs. LIM is also known for it's internship opportunities. Many FIT students transfer to LIM to find a job.

Students are required to have a part-time job or internship evey year. The Work Project Program sets aside 2 months of school where all students just work and have no class.Most internships are paid.

Attending LIM College has been a great experience for me and even though I'm only a sophomore, I have already been given the chance to experience so much. Through LIM's Work Project Program, I have had a job at Fossil in Times Square and volunteered at 3 different fashion shows during Fashion Week. At the Manuel De La Cruz fashion show, I was actually backstage dressing models as they came off the runway and I was working right next to the designer. Many students decide to attend LIM College because of the ample opportunities for jobs and internships, but my decision to attend was influenced by another aspect of the college. LIM College is the college for the "Business of Fashion". Business skills are transferable to many different jobs and are the basic building blocks for a successful career. Some of the majors at LIM include Merchandising, Marketing, Management, and although there is no Design major offered, there is Visual Merchandising. I am currently majoring in Visual Merchandising and I love it! I hope to someday be part of Macy's Herald Square or Saks Fifth Avenue's visual team and dress their holiday windows.

Aurora

LIM College guarantees you an internship/ part-tme job every year.

LIM College guarantees you an internship/ part-tme job every year.

Attending LIM College has been a great experiece for me and even though I'm only a sophomore, I have aready been given the chace to experience so much. Through LIM's Work Project Program, I have had a job at Fossil in Times Square and volunteeed at 3 different fashion shows during Fashion Week. At the Manuel De La Cruz fashion show, I was actually backstage dressing models as they came off the runway and I was working right next to the designer. Many students decide to attend LIM College because of the ample opportunities forjobs and internships, but my decision to attend was influenced by another aspect of the college. LIM College is the college for the "Business of Fashion". Business skills are transferable to many different jobs and are the basic building blocks for a sucessful career. Some of the majors at LIM include Merchandising, Marketing, Management, and although there is no Design major offered, there is Visual Merchandising. I am currently majoring in Visual Merchandising and I love it! I hope to someday be part of Macy's Herald Square or Saks Fifth Avenue's visual team and dress their holiday windows.

The Student Financial Services are confusing and the people who work there don't do thier job right. They don't give you all the details and don't properly answer questions. They lose your paperwork too.

Tanesia

If I could magically go back in time, I would tell my old self to WAKE UP!!! As a high school senior, I wish I would of taken advantage of college prep programs, volunteering, and internships. I also would of applied myself more academically and participated in school activities. Unfortunately, I can not turn back the hands of time but I did learn from my mistakes. As a matter of fact, life is all about the ups and downs, trials and tribulations. I'm proud of the person I am today, and hopefully my advice can help H.S. seniors today.

Person who loves the city, fashion, and diversity! LIM college main campus is on madison ave right in the middle of high end shopping.

Person who lacks motivation, unable to concentrate and lazy. These are the qualities of a person who shouldn't attend school. LIM expects their student body to participate in the work field before graduating!

Jorge

LIM (labatory institute of Merchandising) is a college specifically focused on the business side of the Fashion Industry and is located in the fashion Capital of the world which is New York.

My classmates are young professionals pursuing their degree in either Fashion Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Marketing or Management.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to have faith in yourslef and don't settle for just any college. Research the college throughly and to see how much the total cost is with living expences because the closer you live to school the more you can take advantage of the opportunities they have to offer. Research how many credits you can transfer, so you won't struggle transfering to another college to continue your studies. Try your best to get the best grades possible, so when you apply for scholarships you can qualify for more money. Network with as much companies as possible to get the best job possible while going to school at the same time. Do not be afraid to cut back on work hours for school, especially during finals week when you have to study for big tests and finishing projects. Make as many friends as you want at school but just don't let it be a distration during class time, study time, or when working on an important project. Last but not least be proud of your accomplishments and thank god every day for everything you got.

Julie

Having been in college for two and a half semesters, if I could go back to my senior year of high school, I would tell myself to consider all of my options. From the time I was ten years old, I always knew I wanted to major in Journalism to do magazine writing. I worked all through high school just to get into New York University because I knew that's where I needed to be to achieve my dreams. The only prblem is that I was so goal oriented that I didn't consider what might happen if I found out I didn't like being a journalism major. After taking my first real journalism class, I realized just that. I hadn't taken time to explore all of my career options and I ended up at a very expensive school doing something I discovered I didn't even like, let alone love. I wish I would have taken more time in high school to learn who I really was instead of being scared into only considering one option for my future.

Anyone who doesn't take fashion as a serious business should not attend LIM College. Though the school is a fashion school, it's also a business school and the classes aren't all about styling and writing for fashion magazines. If you aren't prepared to do a lot of math and computer work, this school isn't for you. Also, anyone who doesn't know who doesn't know how to correctly pronounce Rodarte, should forget about attending LIM College because fashion is our business.

The most frustrating thing about LIM College is that so many people in the fashion business industry don't take the school seriously. Though the school is much smaller and less prestigous than other New York fashion schools, like FIT and Parsons, it doesn't mean that the students aren't equally as smart, hard-working and capable in the fashion world.

Raechel

it is in the middle of the city, and also in the mdidle of the fashion capital of the world

Choose a school with a real college campus

Daina

Parents and students should take time to visit the school campus, They should ask a lot of questions about dorm life and talk to students who are currently attending the college.

Someone who has no interest in fashion shouldn't attend this school.

Angela

Students should be the one focusing on what exactly they want in life because it is ultimately they who will be actually attending classes on the campus and doing all the fun learning and living. Make a list of things you enjoy. This will help decide on a major. Go to school based on what it offers not based on its name or popularity. A degree is a degree. Get the best education you can.

Someone who wants to be successful in their career choice and also someone who knows that they aren't into the huge party scene at college because we don't have that here in nyc. new york is the campus in a sense.

Scarlett

The best advice for selecting the right college is to complete campus visits and open houses. Colleges always promise the best college experience to their prospective students. Visiting schools will help to visualize what the school is like during a regular school day. Prospective students also have the opportunity to speak to curent students and have questions answered that schools may not be honest to disclose.

The best thing about LIM would have to be the environment. All of us students are taught from industry professionals how to work under various situations. LIM students are always eager to lend a helping hand and encourage fellow classmates in participating in school activities and programs. Our college exerience is that of a family striving towards success.

LIM College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.