LIM College

« See more reviews of LIM College

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to appreciate my classmates, family, vulnerability, and time way more then I did. I was so ready to leave home and gain more freedom by going to college, that I basically slept through my senior year. Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I wish I had spend more time having fun with my friends and enjoying my Mom's home cooked dinners, instead of dreading my last year in high school.

I think the biggest advice that I would give to my high school self would be to enjoy being young and not having as many responsbilities because when you get to college it all changes. Also another is to stay true to yourself and to not be easily influenced. Its more important to remember where you came from and to use that to make the life you want. Do well in school, get involved, make mistakes, but most of all learn from them and better yourself to make yourself a role model to others.

The best advice for selecting the right college is to complete campus visits and open houses. Colleges always promise the best college experience to their prospective students. Visiting schools will help to visualize what the school is like during a regular school day. Prospective students also have the opportunity to speak to curent students and have questions answered that schools may not be honest to disclose.

Students should be the one focusing on what exactly they want in life because it is ultimately they who will be actually attending classes on the campus and doing all the fun learning and living. Make a list of things you enjoy. This will help decide on a major. Go to school based on what it offers not based on its name or popularity. A degree is a degree. Get the best education you can.

Visit the college first, make sure you like the location, and make sure you will get out of the college what you are looking to get out of it. LIM is about students looking to go into the fashion industry, and revolves fully around that concept. If a student is looking for a big school with sports and sororities, this would not be the best option.

I wouldn't rule out going to community college for 2 years before investing in private school in order to better understand the students desired career path. Freshman year is a huge transitional period and students tend to loose it in the beginning and they should know that it will get better and the adjustment period will not last forever!

Research every college you are interested in and do not rule any out. Pick a college that is best for not only your major but a college where you will meet life long friends. It is important to visit these colleges to see what the life style is like.

Parents and students should take time to visit the school campus, They should ask a lot of questions about dorm life and talk to students who are currently attending the college.

I woud search a little harder for a career that satisfies my needs, wants, gaols, and dreams. I would also search for a school that does the same.

Dear High School Self, Please don't worry so much! Go with the flow, have more fun and whatever you do don't let anyone drag you down. EVER.