LIM College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for LIM College

Theodora

I love LIM College. It is a work and intern-required school so you WILL be busy and you must learn time management. This is a great thing, though, because it opens up so many opportunities to students. Class size (between 15 and 30 people) is also a bonus because it gives you a very personal education. You get to know your professors and vice versa; your professors can definitely help you along the way!

Clarissa

LIM College is an amazing and competitive college for those pursuing a degree in the business of fashion. Although it focuses on the business side, students thrive in a creative and stimulating environment. By also being in Midtown Manhattan, the energy runs high and all students are busy all the time -- working, connecting, interning, leading, etc. One downfall is that, as an honors student at LIM, I wish I was challenged more often in classes with critical thinking. However, LIM is a great place to be if you love style, have a drive for business, and thrive in NYC.

Joely

It is what you make it. You're experience will depend on your expectations of the college and the experience. LIM is straight to the point with getting you career ready, no baby-spooning or beating around the bush. They are there to give you the tools to build your knowledge and resume. If you want much more of a college experience than that then simply go somewhere else. I just want my degree and a healthy resume, everything else that happens is my responsibility to make happen. Nobody can secure a job for you if you don't put forth the effort.

Gabrielle

LIM College is a private school located in the heart of midtown. The school has an open door policy which makes getting in contact with teaches and facility either in person via email very simple. Because of this policy I personally feel like my teachers want me to succeed.

James

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Urvashi

It's a great college to study at, also among the top 10 in USA. Best if you want to study and learn about the business side of fashion industry. Also, I really like the one year grad course, it's like an executive MBA course, and the college offers evening classes, that allows the students to work during day time. The professors are pretty helpful and so is the dean. The college is situated in the heart of Manhattan, so it has all the flagship stores and restaurants nearby. Overall, a great college to study at.

Ameeyah

pretty good , the process of enrolling is kind of hard but there always someone around to help. Everyone is very friendly and and they lay everything out for you. tution was great for me since I did online. Goes by really fast and it’s great for ppl that work

Kelsie

This school as that "new car smell". Its very modern and industrial. The faculty seem very professional and passionate about teacher and helping students learn. The housing is beautiful but is about 40 blocks away from academic buildings. There is no campus meals because you live in the city how ever you are given a stove to cook on if you so wish to. Overall cool school.

LIM College is a business fashion school in Midtown Manhattan, New York. Although the school is located in a very fast paced city, the faculty and students are very down to earth. The class sizes are relatively small, which is perfect for a first year college student such as myself. The professors are very knowledge and insightful, not to mention very helpful. The college website is very easy to navigate. You can keep track of current and upcoming assignments with the online syllabus, as well as school related emails. Once enrolled in a class, you might have to purchase an occasional book or two, but other than that, everything is available online. The bookstore is also available online. The online bookstore gives you the option to search each course but the course number to see what books are required. Then you have the option of purchasing new, used or renting the book. You can go ahead and pay for it ahead of time and the bookstore will notify you via email when your books are ready to be picked up, making it very convenient for a New York City student on the go. As part of the degree programs, each student must complete a minimum of three internships. These internships give the student a chance to get their foot in the door in the fashion industry, which as we all know, is very competitive and growing by the day. Although the residence hall is not close to the actual school, it is an easy commute via subway. Living at the residence hall gives the students a chance to meet other students, which is very helpful for someone who is new to New York City such as myself. It gives the student a sense of family. Overall, I would give LIM College a 5-star rating.

Destiny

LIM has made me feel really welcome even though I am only a online student they have helped me with a lot of my issues so far regarding school and it’s made me feel really good. When I went to apply to the school what made me really want to is that the former students had so many good things to say and were really passionate about it and it made me feel the same way and that I could count of them to be there for me.

Frankie

LIM College gives access to students who need work experience and actual applications to a career. Teachers are professionals in their field which allows the students to get to know and understand what it looks like and feels like to be able to work in the fashion industry.

Victoria

I love this school. The learning environment is intimate, the professors are accessible, and the clubs/extracurricular are numerous. The city is our campus and we get to bring that into the classroom. There are so many internship and career opportunities along with events with industry professionals.

Natessa

I hope to attend LIM College in the upcoming school year. I have visited and did a week long program this past summer. I completely fell in love with the school. The most amazing thing about LIM is it's New York City and it is my dream to live there.