Gaffney, SC
Limestone College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Limestone College

Carletheia

Limestone College has been a good experience so far. I plan on continuing my studies there and enter a graduate program later. Like other schools, it has it's flaws, but my instructors have all been awesome. I would recommend anyone to take a chance with Limestone, I did.

jamesia

About a week ago i went to open house and i absolutely loved it , everyone was so nice and polite. The staff and students answered all your questions you had and the tour was very informational and helpful . Going into the school i had about three colleges on my mind but after the tour limestone was the only college I actually liked and i would like to attend.

Susan

I am a Online Social Work major. I do have many friends that actually do go to the Campus in Gaffney SC and they love it. I have visited them a couple of times and the environment is amazing. As far as being an online student I love it and the teachers still care for you and are still there for you as if you were in a real classroom. I loved that I chose this school. They actually care about you, and even though I am just an online student I still feel like I belong.

KennaDee

Limestone is a safe, fun, well-rounded, educated school. The professors are great and so are the students. I learn a lot in the classrooms and I am so happy that I chose this school for pursuing my career. In the next four years I know I will learn a lot and I am excited to see where I go with Limestone.

Diana
People Come for the Sports, REMEMBER YOU'RE THERE FOR YOUR DEGREE

People Come for the Sports, REMEMBER YOU'RE THERE FOR YOUR DEGREE

I loved my teachers a classes, it can be a struggle, especially with science majors but its more than doable and your education comes down to the teachers and how available they are and how they teach. The chemistry department only has 2 teachers and none I would ever want a class with again but the Biology department is amazing. Also almost everyone comes to play a sport so if you do not, you'll feel left out. I will comment that they made it so hard to move off that I never even did and now they have a new policy that doesn't allow anyone to move off unless you live with a relative within 50 miles which absolutely sucks because there is only one nice dorms and 2 "niceish" apartments they bought because they do not have enough room to house everyone. The other dorms and apartments are creepy and if you do not get into the new ones or apartments it will not be fun. It also does not have a lot of clubs to participate in. Its sports or nothing. One thing I like is it is very small and accessible to get to classes and see people you know. Its very relaxed on campus and if you love lacrosse, it's the place to be.

La'Darise

I brag about our current inaugural football team which im apart of.

I brag about our current inaugural football team which im apart of.

The worst thing about my college is simply the fundings they have to offer. Limestone College is an expensive private college.

Kyle

Attending Limestone has been very frustrating. Very little to do in Gaffney and travelling takes quite a bit of time. Campus life is limited to occasional concerts and a less than stellar student center that is usually vacant. Academics are probably on par with high school and most of the information taught is spoonfed by professors. Unless you're a below average student athlete I would avoid at all costs

Most students here have described Limestone as an athletic academy. I personally played on the Soccer team for two seasons and was the biggest mistake of my life as the coach quickly cut out any progress I could have made on my own by keeping any new players he didn't think were good enough out of first team practices and limiting us to the space behind the goal for our practices giving us minimal equipment and blaming us for all our unhappiness. To this day none of the players are here that were here a year ago as we have all quit and gone to different schools. "Partying" in Gaffney is limited to a large group of people getting drunk at one time. There is almost no entertainment save a movie theater/ overpriced bowling alley that fits very few people and is the last place on your list of places to go. Just about everyone drinks with the exception of actual students that are limited to being bored day by day.

If you are an excellent student who has a bright future no matter where you go, you will be the most rejected person at this school. 75% Student-athlete attendance and you can quickly be transported back in time to high school as all the students sit with their team in the cafeteria. I can attest to this as I was part of the soccer team. So speaking from past experience any students that literally dress for success are outcasts to most of the students who consistently remind you of the high school and childish mentality that you're not cool if you're a straight A student, but if you're a starter on your team everyone will quickly surround you like a celebrity. Sweat pants, hoodies, and sneakers are a common sight here for men and women as there seems to be no ambition after the first couple weeks of attending. Students don't seem to have the mental capacity to pay attention to politics or even think for themselves as they are typical small town southerners that believe that their parents are right on every political aspect in the world.

Kimberly

I would give myself the advice of staying focused and constantly strive to make the good grades and good decisions because school is important and focuses on what your future will look like. It's important to create a great future for yourself!

The best thing about my school is that there is a program for all students. As far as attending school, there is a day, evening, or extended campus program. I think this is a good idea because for each program, there is a group of people available to assist those students. I am an extended campus program student (online) and I have a certain few that I talk to and ask questions, rather than going through a list of people. I think that's a good idea and helps a lot of people out.

The worst thing about my school is how their semesters are split up into Terms. Not very many schools, that I know of, do this. It is weird to me because I like having all of my classes together in one semester rather than splitting them up and doing a few for a couple months and then starting new classes for the next few months left in what would be a semester.

Limestone College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.