Limestone College

« See more reviews of Limestone College

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to be more focused on education rather than playing sports or hanging out with my friends. I would also tell myself that it may not seem like I will need some of this informaton but that I would learn a great deal. I would advise not just myself but my friends and siblings that education is of the utmost importance and that our parents were not lying just to get us to do our studies. History appeared to be one of those subjects that I did not feel I needed, but since going back to school, I regret having not taken it seriously. It is very informative and interesting. As for math classes, I would tell myself to ask more questions, ask for help and pay attention to the instruction that is being given. Lastly, I would tell myself to go to college after high school instead of joining the military just so I could be out on my own.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would definitely do it. The first thing I would tell myself to do is to become a very organised person because it is very important. My first semester of college was rough in the beginning because I was unorganized. I turned in many things after the due date because I never wrote down or remembered deadlines. If it were not for my english professor being such a nice person, and allowing me to turn in an extremely important essay a week and a half late, i would not have obtained my goal of finishing the semester with a 3.0 GPA. I believe that with organization i could have obtained above a 3.5 GPA because I would not have received points taken off for late work. Fortunately for me I learned the importance of organization before it was too late right before midterms.

Since beginning college, I have had the opportunity to experience different course that I did not realize would fascinate me. Because of the different classes I have been able to attend, I switched majors because I discovered an interest in psychological research. I wanted to be a teacher originally, and by following that path I reached another one that I find more fulfilling. I have met a diverse group of people and made friendships that I hope will last a lifetime. I think meeting people with different interests has helped me get a broader look at life and the world around me and I have learned to appreciate diversity. Professsors have impcted me and made me look at things from a different angle. Going to college is more than just getting an education with books, it is truly a learning experience with hands on experience.

My college experience has opened up a whole new world, more like expanded my view. It has confirmed my purpose in life. It has also extended my respect for education. My major is nursing, i have always known that nursing would be a part of my life and after enrolling nursing just felt right. I truly love caring for people and learning how to better care for people, i want to make a difference not only in peoples lives but also in younger adults. Nursing school has given me an opportunity to explore what i love to do and also mentor younger adults to pursue their education. In conclusion, what i value from my college experience, is the opportunity to learn more about helping people, value of education and inspire younger adults to pursue a better future by pursuing education.

Do not choose a college simply based on the size, the price, or even the location. Choose a college based on the amount of known successful jobs landed by its graduates. Think about how prestigious the school is, and how proud you would be to say that you graduated from there. Of course, also take into consideration the reputation of the degree program for your chosen major that the college/university offers. For example, I am an art major, there is not much here at Limestone for art majors. Also, think about the reputation of the school's students. Dont go to a well known "party school" because that is a major distraction from school work.

I would tell myself that you need to stick with it and dont give up. My first year in college i decied to join a fraternity that didnt help with my studies. The other mistake i made was that i took a year off when i was going to be sophmore, because a got a job that i though was a good one. Well, the fraternity ended up getting disbanded and I ended up quiting my job, so i was back where i started when i graduated from high school just two years older. I would tell myself that just get though college, you can worry about haveing fun and working when you graduate, but untill then keep your eye on the prize and dont give up.

College has provided experiences and oppurtunities that nothing else could offer. College has offered me the chance to meet new people, learn a variety of subjects and information, and helped me develop as a person. Financial issues had almost ended my college journey but I couldn't jeopardize the future possibilities that college would provide for me. Already, college has been valuable to attend because it has helped me get a job as a substitute teacher. I know finishing my education will only prove to be invaluable as time progresses.

Take a visit to several schools. Go to schools that are both big and small, therefore you can be sure to pick one that you like. Get involved with school activities as much as possible, whether it be sports, SGA, or another club. These extra activities help you meet people and keep you entertained and out of trouble. If you are at a larger school, finding a place you feel you fit in can be difficult. As a freshman, live on campus. Again, this helps you meet new people. Write everything down so you can stay ontop of assignments.

It would be most excellent to travel back in time. I wish that I knew what I know know when I was younger. The one piece of advice that I would share with myself would be concerning procrastination. Just because you (me) fear graduating one year early does not mean that you do not need to be financially prepared when going in to college. There are so many oppurtunities to ease the financial stress of paying for college. So, get on it! Do not wait to ask for helpful scholarships you are elegible for. Now, go get to it!

Well, I went straight into the military after high school so I did not put much thought into the college experience. Being here now I would tell myself that academics throughout high school really get you to where you want to be when you enter into college. In high school you have much more help from teachers and they like to take your hand and guide you. As for college the teachers will help to a certain extent but you are responsible for your own work.