Lincoln Christian University

« See more reviews of Lincoln Christian University

College. It is a new and exciting beginning to the rest of your life! However, finding one that suits you perfectly can be a difficult and uneasy process. Finding the right college has a lot to do with remembering that this experience is all about what you desire to do in the future. Developing a goal for the future is a good way to start. It focuses you on the things that you desire most. You may not know exactly what you want to do with your life, but that is fine. You need to sit down and think about the things that get you passionate. What are the things that you love? What are you good at? Knowing those things will guide you to a school that suits you needs. Remember that college is about learning, growing, leading, and succeeding. Loving the school you choose is the best way to make the most out of your experience, because when you love something, you word diligently. So discover the things that you love, and find a school that you can do the things that you love, all the while loving the school and the people that are getting you there.

I would say to go where you think would be best. Don't worry about where your friends are or where your parents want you to go. If you know what your major is, then go to the school that will give you the best education within that major. If you are undecided, go somewhere that will help you figure out what you want to do. Pick somewhere where they atmosphere of the school will be encouraging and helpful. When you ge there, make friends! I have known people who come to college and only stuck with the friends they had there from high school. If you don't put yourself out there and meet new people, college will neer be as good as you had hoped. Meeting people from all over is half the fun of college and you don't want to miss out on that! But don't take things too seriously. People and things change, so relax and enjoy the time you can still kind of be a kid! Also, you need to take your education seriously. It's scary enough to graduate into the real world, even more if you're unprepared!

Start early. Don?t stress about grades but do well enough to get into the schools that you?re considering. Go on campus visits, sit in on a class or two, eat food that the students eat. Pray, listen, and go for it. Apply early. Don?t stress. If you don?t get in, there?s someplace better for you, even if you don?t realize it until later. Enjoy it but be responsible. Yes, college is the place a place of freedom, but it?s also for preparation. These people will be your friends for life. How you handle yourself and your work now will not only equip you for the future, but it will say a lot about you and your ethics, it will either help or hurt your future job search. Volunteer. It looks good on r?sum?'s and it?s a good thing to do, make time. Don?t rush looking for love, college is?t all about hooking up,and looking for ?The One.? If you find him or her, best wishes, but don?t force it to happen, there?s probably someone better out there. Grow, academically, spiritually, as a person. Good luck!

If I could give my high school senior self a peice of advice about college life, I would first tell myself to relax! College is wonderful and it is nothing to stress out about, you are goign to make incredible friends and have a ton of fun. I would tell myself that I am more than capable of being a college student because I was fortunate enough to be going to a fantastic high school that did a wonderful job of preparing me for college. With that in mind I would remind my high school self that I need to have a good work ethic and learn all I can while in high school so that I can be as prepared as possible. A last peice of advice not only for high school self but a good reminder for college self too, stop procrastinating! Do your best to manage your time so you are not left working until the last possible minute on a project, it will save you a great deal of time and your grades will thank you as well!

Tramaine, you are a bright young lady with an even brighter future. I've found some easy steps to help you develop and become very successful. First of all, stay focus and take your eyes off the crowd because they are not headed in your direction. Secondly, remain dilligent and well disciplined because these two elements will reward you greatly. Third, when times get rough remember the prize of what your aiming for then buckle down and finish what you've started. Fourth, enjoy life because it only happens once! You are a leader that is successful at everything you choose to do ... the storms in your life only validate who you are. I'll see you in the future, The Future You

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a senior in high school, I would tell myself to try harder in class and not give up. My senior year I started to get lazy with classes and grades and blamed it on senioritis. I would tell myself to try to do my best through that year so I would be prepared more for college. I would also tell myself to get more involved in the community and volunteer more. Volunteering would have given me a better knowledge of different situations that I would face in college. The last thing I would tell myself is to forget about the high school drama and live life by loving everyone even if they are different from me.

Figure out why you're applying to the colleges you're applying to, and then schedule a campus visist. It's important to know what you're looking for academically, but almost more important to know what the enviorment will be like, especially if you're going to live there. Having a good program but a bad atmosphere can kill your academic energy and make you apathetic. You can quickly lose sight of why you even decided to go there in the first place. A lot of students end up dropping out not so much because of academics, but because they got caught up in a bad social environment.

To parents and students, I would say one thing, do not settle. Expect the best from wherever you attend. As for the college experience as a whole, do not be afraid to step on people's toes with your thoughts and ideas. Push the limit. Break through whatever glass ceiling that may be holding you back. Shoot for the stars. Cheesy? Maybe. My honest opinion? You bet. If you are not making someone frustrated about your thoughts, then you are not stretching yourself enough.

The US is filled with innumerable colleges. The most important aspect of any school is that the potential student feel comfortable participating. Unless the student is able to become part of a community and to express his or her thoughts--while also exploring other ways of thinking--no amount of time spent sitting in a classroom is going to truly impact the student's life.

Don't just look at if the school offers a lot of different services and opportunities. Figure out what services and opportunities you really want and/or need and make sure it matches up with what the school offers. Also, make sure you visit the campus! You are going to spend four or more years here and you need to make sure it is a place where you will be happy!