Lincoln College Top Questions

Kalina

I would probably tell my senior self to buck up and just do it. I skipped a music audition at a big school and completely abonded my dream of becoming a band teacher and director all because I didn't think I was good enough and I was scared. I know now that some things are scary and new things always will be, but that doesn't mean you should just back out. If you don't even try then doing well isn't even an option. You should never, ever, ever let fear get between you and your goals and dreams, now or in the days to come. Take a chance in yourself. Know that you are worth all the great things you dream about. The people who matter will always love you and you should always love you too. I would make sure to tell myself, "You can do it. Never believe anything less than that, and don't undermine yourself." Dreams come true, but only if you make them. It's ok to be afraid; everyone is at some point. Go do you!

I would sit down with myself, look myself in the eyes and say "You are going to be ok but you need to put more of an effort into what you do. Actions speak louder then words, so follow through with your choices. If you really are passionate about something go for it, otherwise talk about what you're not interested in and seek career counseling. Lincoln College in Lincoln IL, is a great place for you to start. Yes there is a lot of work to be done but there are a plethora of resources avialble to help you succeed. Please dont give up if you fail or make one simple mistake. Get up and set several alarms. Most importantly: DO THIS FOR YOU!!!"

Seth

Look early and look often. When I say that I'm talking about schools, jobs, scholarships, investments/savings, apartments if the school doesn't have on campus living, and pretty much anything else. The transition isn't hard at all, in fact it feels normal. The only difficulty was being unprepared and mainly in the financial area. You need to be looking and applying for scholarships everyday and be sure you're putting more money in your account than you are taking out. College is an expensive investment, but an investment with priceless benefits.

To my pas high school self. Make sure you take your time when making your disicion on where you want to go to school. When you get there make as many friends as you possibly can. There are going to be hard time and easy times. You are going to meet people that you do not get along with, but that is okay becaus differences with be forgoten in time. When you are playing baseball you need to treat every game like it is your last game you will ever play because you never know when your baseball career is going to end. Always treat people with respect and alway give 110{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} in to what ever you set your mind to. At the end of the day just know if you gave all the effort you can give and things still dont turn out how you expect them too, just keep your head up and keep trying because the only person that can hold you back is yourself. If you fallow this advices you will have a very successful college career and happy fulfilling life.

Alissa

If I could go back in time, I would inform myself that it isn't going to be easy. Don't procrastinate until the last minute to do papers, projects, etc. College life will be a lot different then high school; mom and dad aren't going to be there to hold your hand and walk you through everything, so you have to be on top of things from day one. You find out who you really are in College, especially when it comes down to exam time. College is going to be stressful, but when it is, sit down, take a deep breath, and relax. College is reality and a huge step; everything matters in the long run.

arrion

I would let myself know that just because im almost done with high school I should not take the easy way out and take a bunch of electives. Instead I would encourage my self to take classes in subjects that matter like english, math, science, or social studies. another thingthat I would explain to my self is that I should complete my colllege applications as soon as possible, because the later that a student waits to turns in their college applications the worst their chances are of getting itno that school.

I would go back and tell myself, "College is so much more than just a school away from home; it is a place where you meet life-long friends. You will laugh. You will cry. You will become the most depressed you've ever been in your life, and you will also become the happiest you've ever been in your life. However, you should keep in mind that it is still SCHOOL. You must do your school work before you choose to put anything else above it. You will also see people drop out as though the Bubonic Plague was back. Don't pay attention to them. Don't even associate with them. They affect you more than you realize. One more thing ... you can't expect to do little work and recieve major rewards. Work hard - play hard".

make the college expierience personal, when choosing the college. you want to feel comfortable. learn about the town as well, since you will be living there. see how involved you can get, and open yourself to new expierinces.