Jefferson City, MO
Lincoln University-Jefferson City

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lincoln University-Jefferson City

Victoria

I dropped out of college when I was 18 after three months. Now I am 23, a single mother, going to college full time and working full time, while maintaining a 4.0 gpa. If I could go back and talk to myself then, I would tell myself to never doubt myself. Always follow what I know I should do, and never let others tell me where I should go with my life. I would tell myself to stand firm, know myself and who I am; know what I want and where I am going, and never let anyone or anything keep me from following my dreams.

Although Lincoln University is the first college I have attended, I have had very little difficulty with this school. I do feel that the Student Accounts and Financial Aid offices may be somewhat disorganized, but with so many students to take care of, I can't really blame them. Overall, I have had a very good experience here so far, and really have no complaints.

If you are a person who is focused on having fun, partying, and just hanging with friends rather than the type of person who is dedicated to obtaining a good education, then this is not the right school for you. In fact, I'm not sure that any school would be right for a person who is not ready to dedicate their time and energy towards their education. The instructors are wonderful and very ready to help students when they ask, so there is really no reason that a student who wants to should not do well at this school.

Annika

If I could go back as a high senior in time giving myslef advice as to how college life is I would tell myself appreciate everything about high school. For example, high school is a free eduaction and it can not get no better than that you have free books, lunch, bus trasportation and sometimes free events within the school. I also would tell myself to appreciate teachers more and their teaching skills because high school is a step to get you prepared for college. Where teachers really taking time out helping you wanting to see you do better and further your education, really explaining things for your better understandments in high school the teachers was always there for us as students not for their own benfits but for mines and that's what I would tell myself looking back now as a college student.

The thing I consider Lincoln University to be worst at is helping their students out. Why because you have most students that are here not from Missouri like I am or just not in the financial staus to pay for certain thing needed and as a school they do nothing to help out. They just look at us like do it on your own effort. I really feel that is wrong of them they have a job to help us as students further our education and it is 0 attempt of that helping us.

The most frastruating thing about Lincoln is the money situation. As a university the president, staff, and facility claim to say we are bankrupt and I believe that is impossible why because as a university it gives all the money away to sports and their players when as a university we are horriable in sports. I feel the money should go to education only helping those really in need like myself.

Annika

The advice I would give myself if I could go back into time as a high school senior is take the free education I'm giving as a high school senior a blessing because once you enter college nothing is free to the students. I also would have told myself appreciate all my senior staff who were willing to help get me into college taking free time out their day just to help me. Looking back now as a college students I would have told myself appreicate everything about high school and the future it prepares me for to become a college student.

Before I came to Lincoln University I wish I would have known how un-organized they are as a university.

My school is best known for being an HBCU, founded by the 62nd and 65th Colored Infantry. Lincoln has a rich hisory, full of success and honor, but unfortunately over the years its positive reputation has dwindled. The school itself isn't bad, it's just that the stigma it carries often times over shadows the real beauty my school beholds.

“Nerd,” “geek,” “weirdo” - these words were very familiar to me throughout high school and college because I was a virgin. For 19 years I kept away from many temptations and carried myself with pride. However, when I entered into college I let my peers get to me, and as a result I will be a father come October. Although, I do not regret my baby girl’s soon to be birth, I do regret that I let the lie of the male stigma get to me. It is a lie, that “a man isn’t a man, until he has sex." A real man is defined by standing his ground, and taking responsibility for his actions. In fact, being a virgin is one of the rarest things life has to offer, and unfortunately, I gave it up. If I could, I would take it back. I would tell my high school self, “be proud of who you are, and don’t let anyone take that away from you.” However, although, the chances of me traveling back in time to speak with my younger self are near impossible, at least I can tell others the real truth about virginity.

Everyone and anyone can come to this school and thrive, especially with the open enrollment policy. The only problem is the somewhat segragated atmosphere. Since the school is a HBCU, the Caucasian students seem a little more distant. You do not often see any Caucasians at any school sponsored social events.

Victoria

When people think of Lincoln they see us for our historical background, our achievements, ranking for our Nursing pograms and being known for being a Historical Black College. Even though we are an HBCU we are embracing, very diverse, helpful as far as leaving no one behind and we strive for improvement for the next great thing to come. We truely are a uplifting, motivating, yet fun school. There are many organizations that any student can get involved in and we focus not only on- on campus downfalls but public as well. We're known best for our support.

Peers and prior college students say that college is hard and you will have some of your best and worst times in college. All of that is true but the only person that will hold you back from experiencing one of the best times of your life is yourself. College isn't that hard, it's what you or I or whoever make it. Get involved, study, volunteer, and have fun. Chose the right people to hang around and be wise. Always remember, "NO ONE IS WORTH YOU LOSING THIS EXPERIENCE OR WASTING YOUR MONEY TO BE HERE!" It's not a highschool where they're lineant and give you chances or suspend you for doing silly things that you could of avoided, they will kick you out and take your money and wouldn't think twice about it because it was your fault to fight, or not wake up for the classes that you chose at that. Work comes first and all the rest will be there even friends. If a person doesnt do anything to ehance your life or uplift, you need to re-evaluate and elminate. Show me your friends and I'll show you your future!

Picture the college experience and get a good imagination of what it is. Do you see it? Sounds fun doesn't it? Well even though you have alot of time to concentrate and get work done; Lincoln is quiet and there aren't alot of things to go to or do off campus.

seantavia

If i could go back and talk to myself as a senior i would have talked to myself about a job, being more prepared, and traning my self for a nee surrounding. I choose a job because college is a very expensive place. Although i recieve financial aid I dont have any money to servive off of while living on campus. My parents both work at minium wage paying jobs so they bareley make ends meet. But if i had a job things would be so much better. Next preparing for more work would have been something i talked to myself about. I know you can do anything you put you mind to but somethings things get etremely hard for me. Lastly training for something new. i live in a poor city (East St.Louis, IL) and i have never been away from home. So going off to school i was afraid for a change in the beginiing. Now i love it because it ia very dangerous where i come from. As i stated earlier i love my school but these are jus a few things i would have talked to my self about.

A person that i feel should attend this school is someone who is very dedicated in furthering their education. The work here is a chaneglle i must say. Yes they professors will help advise you just a tab bit the student must still be very focused. Also a person who loves being around other ethinicities. There are African Americans, Jamacians, Whites, and foriegn students that attend this school. Lastly a person who loves going to a dawntown area shold because this is the state capital of MO and there is alot of history in this city.

The thing i brag about the most is the great nursing program they have. Although they only accept a small amount of students per semester this school is well known for this program. In addition, i would brag about have great the dorms,classroom, and on campus activities. I will tell them how for each meal plan u receive money to be spent around campus. Also the visitation rules are very fair. Lastly i will tell them how much i love my HBCU and i wouldnt perfer being at any other college in the world, other than Lincoln University

Sancerea

Lincoln University is unique because even with low budgets students still manage to raise money and get the need things done.

I would tell myself to work harder to keep good grades, so I can get into my first choice schools and win scholarships to help pay for tuition. I would explain how going to all the basketball games and after school events were not important as I made them seem to be because in the long run they would just cause me to lack in my academic work. Really going out and trying to find a job will be more helpful than just buy new clothes, shoes, and going out with friends. Having a job, having a steady income will help start a bank account and pay for things I may need when I go off to college. The biggest advice I would tell myself would be to prepare much harder.

I wish I would have known that there are not many campus activities, because being involved in different things makes me feel more connected to the school.

Jared

Lincoln University is best known for its rich history. It was first established after the civil war in 1866 by the 62nd and 65th colored infantry regiments. At this time it was called the Lincoln Institute. Originally, Lincoln Institute was founded as a school for freed African Americans. In 1921 Lincoln Institute became Lincoln University. Around 1954 white students were first admitted into the university. The most notable studies at Lincoln University is their nursing program and also their criminal justice program.

I have attended Lincoln University for almost one year. In that one year college has helped me find myself. College has given me a lot more than responsibility and independence. It has given me the perseverance i need to succeed in what i want to do. I am currently pursuing a degree in psychology at Lincoln University. Once i graduate Lincoln i plan on going to graduate school to further my education. I hope to one day help other people in ways that i can make society a better place. I have grown up surrounded by people with different struggles; whether it be alcoholism, or certian medical issues. I consider myself a very strong person, therefore i always find myself putting people in need before what i want or what i need. I think my inner drive to help other people has led me to pursue what i want to pursue. That is why my college experience has been valuable to attend. I may have not found my best place in society if i wouldn't have went to college. Finding myself is just the beginning of a long journey called life, and i will be ready for every step.

The worst thing about Lincoln University is that they are limited on their professional studies. Lincoln University is a great school to get your bachelors or associates degree, but if you are looking at graduate level studies, then you may have to look into a different university to acquire whatever you are looking for to further your education.

So far out of my college experience I have gained a new love and admiration of myself. As a wife of ten years and a mother of two boys ages 6 and 8, I feel I may have lost myself and who I was while devoting all of me to my family. Once my youngest started full day school I made the commitment to goto school. I have learned so much about myself these past 5 quarters that I will carry with me forever. I have learned I am a smart and talented woman (I have maintained a 4.00 GPA to date), and I have learned that I can be the mom, wife, daughter, student, and woman that I want to be. I have learned to appreciate myself so much more and give myself the credit I deserve. I am in love with my education and I intend of following my dreams and achieving my PH.D in Psychology while still participating in the PTO and my children's school and making my husband dinner every night and I FEEL and I KNOW I can do it!

Aquino

My school is best known for its track team. They have won multiple championships. The marching band is also phenominal.

The biggest thing I've learned in college so far is definility responsibility. In college, mom or dad is no longer there to wake you for school in the morning. You have to take repsponsibilty to get in bed on time and get up on time. Also, no one is going to tell you when or where to do your homework. Again, you have to make these decisions yourself. Another thing I learned is that, to be a college student you have to be able to focus. There are plenty of distractions, from girls to frat parties. It's fun and okay to party and meet girls, but at the end of the day, you have to put more focus on school. The third thing I found out is that if you work hard and study hard, it'll all work out in your favor in the end. All of these things will help me to become a better person, and I will continue to apple these lessons throughtout life.

People who are looking for a small campus should attend. Also students who are seeking a Historicaly Black College may also see Lincoln as a good place to be.

Lincoln University-Jefferson City administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.