Jefferson City, MO
Lincoln University-Jefferson City

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lincoln University-Jefferson City

An institue of high learning that has a rich history.

An institue of high learning that has a rich history.

The school I attend is known for being a historically black college with good degree programs such as nursing and education.

I'm attending a historically black college. All throughout grade school and high school, I've attended schools that have only had white people. I think that attending Lincoln University as made me more open to culture. I've never been hateful towards African Americans but attending this school has made me have a deeper appreciation for everyone - no matter race, ethinicity, and/or background. It's been a valuable experience because I'm not only earning a great education, I'm gaining many cultural friendships.

Candi

My school is good with class schedueling, alot of kind staff that are willing to help you, great school to attend, but a little bad with financial aid funding, sometines.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that I have great taste in friends. I would tell myself to make sure to sign up for classes early if possible and keep doing my work and strive for the best. I would also tell myself to look out for those who try to point you in the wrong direction in life and stay focused on the goal ahead and that is graduating with your degree so that you can get a decent job. Lastly, I would tell myself to make smart choices and listen to yourself and not others because no one knows you better than yourself.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that sometimes the teachers let the class out early when we didn't do anything. I don't like going to class and we don't learn but instead talk about something other that the subject we are supose to be talking about. Other that that it is cool.

Camille

To me it's a great school i love the library and its also a bonus that there are a lot of hills to walk it keeps me in shape, I also love that the classes are just the right size.

I would love to go back and tell myself to take high school classes alot more serious i and to take some honors courses. Also to form a great pattern of studying. I would let myself know that there is a lot more to life than high school i would say take in the experience and have fun but don't let the fun get in the way of grades. I don't think i would try and stop myself from doing anything differently because everything I've been through was worth the learing experience. The most important advise that i would give myself is to keep faith work hard and study lots and lots, because life will take a toll on you and i want you to be prepared every way possible.

The most frustrating thing is that there are a lot of people that go here that make it difficult for everyone else.

Jerrell

Oh how I wish I could do so; to go back in time and tell myself to realize that high school and college are two completely different things. If I could go back in time and coach myself, the first thing I would do is tell myself to stay focused no matter what; the work is much more strenuous than normal and it requires a high degree of diligence to make all A's. Second, I would try to explain that college is a place of oppertunity, and that I should take advantage of EVERY resource that's available to me. You never know what kinds of doors you can stick your foot into when you just ask, and what better place to do so than a college campus? And last, I would remind myself to be optimistic and to not give up no matter what.

The best thing about Lincoln University is the fact that most of the classes are small, and so that gives teachers more one-on-one time with the students. I had gone to the University of Missouri-Columbia before I came to Lincoln, and in some of my auditorium-sized classes, I never even spoke to my teachers except for during finals. The attention teachers at Lincoln are able to pay to the students due to a more controlled class size really helps when there's something I don't understand.

Deshauna

My school is a great quality school with great education. I would suggest Lincoln University to any one who think they would have a problem with college life its a great starter school not only because the education but also because of the history.

If i could go back in time i would tell myself to apply myself alot more in college then i did in high schools. College is not that hard if you stay focus and apply yourself each day. Dont procrastinate. Thats a big problem have in college is procrastination. The more you procrastinate the more you goin hurt yourself in the end. You only get out what you put it, so if you dont put effort into studying hard and staying focus dont expect to have all A's. Slacking is not an option when you slack is when you fail. Also dont get discourage when u flunk a test really bad because everyone does bad on at least one test. That just means you have to work harder go to extra tutoring or ask for help but never give up.

The opportunites that they dont have at Lincoln like they do at other schools. Our school really dont have much to get involved in. I ust figured that because its such a small school thats why they dont have much. At the same time thats not the case. I wish Lincoln had alot more things for students to do on campus. Such as pools and big recreation centers. I want more opportunities to mingle and get to know other students.

kristina

I would tell myself to take school seriously and pay attention in class, study for the SAT and ACT because it will really help you out. The better you do in high school the less stress you will have in college. Its okay to have fun but be serious about your work. Know that its a time to play and a time to be serious. Believe in yourself and school is the best option.

The best thing about my school is the way the halls are set up. They dont have everyone on one hall and it is divided so only a certain amount of people are using a bathroom at a time.

Katlyn

I am only able to wish that I could venture back in time and tell myself all the life lessons that I have learned. However, since time makes it impossible to go back and venture into the previous years of my life I will take a trip down memory lane instead. Therefore I have written a letter to myself as a high school student: Dive in head first and live life with no regrets. Know that all the struggles make you a stronger person and that treating everyone equal is important. Study hard in math because you are going to need it. Always keep in sight the goals that you hope to keep and never let anyone tell you that your not deserving of the best in life. Most of all do not let people run over you and know that if you treat others well you should be treated with high quality too. Put your heart out there and do not be hesitant. Oh and those creatures that you think go bump in the night are actually all figments of your imagination. There is nothing to fear, but fear itself.

LaShonda

If I could go back in time and talk to myself, knowing what I know now, I would most definitely tell the young senior in high school to start working and saving up for the simple college expenses. I would tell myself to make sure I filled out more scholarships and grants than I wanted to. Also, it's best to love yourself and be sure of yourself before going into college, because the college world can take you for some twist and turns. Do not let others influence you into doing things you do not want to do, stand your ground and remember your ethics and morals as a beautiful young lady. Remember the reason you went to college, to grow as a person and to most of all get an education. College is a big step from high school making the transition into college, growing up can't come at a better time. Put your all into it because now it is NOT free! Make it worth your money and of course have fun every now and then. You can do it and prove the people who doubted you wrong!!

I wish I would have gotten all of my finances better together so I could be properly prepared. I also made the mistake and didn't take a tour that all colleges offer.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is one who isn't willing to learn from others and learn to be a family. Lincoln to me, is like a family and have that certain bond. Also, if you're use to the big city life, that person may not like the more "small town" feel Lincoln has to bring. But coming from a small town, it's just right!

Jasmine

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior if I could go back in time would be to pay more attention and focus on good study habits. I would say pay mre attention to subjects, because in college the same things are repeated. I would tell myself to focus on good study habits, because in order to do well you must study; there are a lot of exams and papers to take and write.

Everyone should attend this school

The most frustrating thing about my shool is some of the professors aren't as patient as others. It is very frustrating when they don't take their time and seem like they start get irriteated. They also assume that you should already know a particular subject , just because you had ait a year or two before, but you may have not studied certain material.

Arielle

Some advice I would give to people who knows they will be attending in the future, is dont pick the first school you choose, have different options. Also go on their web site and look into the actually school. If your intrested in sports make sure that certain school has that sport. Make sure the school that you attend has your major. Look on how big or small the school is, because some peopke cant work in a really big school. And dont be nervous.

I think anyone could go to this school.

The most fustrating thing about my school is dealing with the finical aid department. Its very stressful and you acutally have to stay on top of them about your money issues because they will not let you kno whats going on until you ask.

Lincoln University-Jefferson City administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.