Jefferson City, MO
Lincoln University-Jefferson City

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lincoln University-Jefferson City

Cassandra

Well research and visit the campus. Talk to the instructors as well as the students. Find out if there is a certain organization you wish to be apat of is active there. Look at the retention rates. And to make the most of of college experience, I'd say get involved with the campus. Find an organization you like and can relate to and stay active. Be smart when choosing friends and in the activities you participate in. Make sure the program you choose is right for you and that there is a future in it. Do intenships. That can't be stressed enough. And simply, study hard and play hard.

The students, well the one's who came for the right reason. They motivate each other and make school fun.

An African American who is not sure what school they want to go to.

Barbara

I would like to inform all parents and students that they should pick carefully when choosing a college to attend. The rest of your life is depending on how well you do in college. Just make sure it is the right college for you and that you will be comfortable and secure.

I wish I had known how challenging and well worth all the effort I put into applying here.

I believe that people who are on drugs are selling drugs or are gang affiliated shouldn't be allowed at this school It causes conflict and extra drama for the students who are actually trying to better themselves.

Montia

Allow your children to make mistakes because if they never learn from their mistake then how will they learn.

The 2 worst things about Lincoln University is the cafeteria food and the fact that we don't have a recreation building. Students are tired of each and every week of eating the same old food every week. Students need a place to hang out other than their dorm room.

Anyone can attend Lincoln University if they prefer a school that doesn't have a big class size, small population and not a real busy school.

Vince

Make sure you visit the college first and ask the surroundings.

Make sure you visit the college first and ask the surroundings.

People thats want to have a lot of fun at the same time.

Pamela

They are mostly white and like to tell on the black students if they are cheating. Usually, the black students do not attend classes often.

I would tell parents/students to look at the cost of the university first. Make sure that the University is for the interest of the students. Also, look into the extracurricular activities on campus because this is an enviornment in ehich the students will be in for four years.

The best thing about our school is that it is a big school. There is ample opportunity for one on one help with teachers.

Alisha

We are an incredibly diverse University. We were originally established as an HBCU; therefore, over half of our students are minorities. We have a lot of traditional as well as non-traditional students. Most of the Caucasion students are commuter students from surrounding rural farm areas, whereas most of the minority students are from urban areas more than one hundred miles away.

One of the most common trands I have seen in the past four years is the transferring of students from one school to another becuase they do not feel comfortable socially. For many students it is priority that they move far from home to experience new things; but remember that college is a whole new experience, much different from highschool, and having a solid support system is vital to your success. If you go far from home, or even somewhere fairly close, just make sure that you will have a solid support system around you as you grow into a new person. It can be very difficult to experience a whole new world when there is nothing familiar to hold onto.

Our drop out rate is very high because we are an open enrollment school. Nearly seventy-five percent of the students who attend this University were not admitted into any other institution. I hate to see kids drop out, but I am glad we are one of the schools that gives everyone an equal chance.

Dominic

Select the right type of school and be prepared for whatever happens

Select the right type of school and be prepared for whatever happens

I really do not like the cafe food but it is still good enough to eat it just seems repitive

Robert

I would say study and do alot of research before making that decision.

I would say study and do alot of research before making that decision.

Some students dont care about their education as well as the teachers

Quiet soft spoken that wouldnt stand up for themselves

Erica

Freindly, loud, intertaining and yet sometimes annoying. Eveyone is always happy, i have never seen a mad individual.

The school spirit is number one on the list.

Never Choose a college based on the tuition if you do that you will never enjoy your college experience and could lead to you missing some things that you wish you had done. Always make the most of everything you do, get good grades but have fun at the same time. Work and go to school if you can so you can have some fun money to do what you would like (go to movies, eat, concerts, etc) Most of all no regrets, go all out enjoy while you can!!

Joyce

I would start off by saying that it is important to start looking early! You don't want to rush into a school that you aren't for sure that you would like to attend. Apply for plunty of schools so that your options are open. I would also say that you need to get things ahead of time. Don't wait until the last month to get all your supplys. It is diffrent when you move out of the house and into a dorm, you need lots of diffrent things that you might not have went out and bought for yourself like wash cloths, dishes, glasses. Its a good idea to start early so that the cost of it all isnt hitting you at once!

Theres really not that much, I guess I wish I would have known a little more about the classes I was going to have to have. I transferd to this school so a lot of my classes didnt apply towards anything. I had already went to school for about two years and now started over as a freshman again.

I think the worest thing about my school would be all the hills, or how old our buildings are. The teachers are awesome at my school and I just wish they had a better work enviornment. Dont get me wrong, the buildings are still standing but a little update wouldnt be a bad thing.

Lincoln University-Jefferson City administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.