Lincoln University-Jefferson City

« See more reviews of Lincoln University-Jefferson City

Looking back on myself as a senior I would tell myself That college is nothing like highschool. In college there is no one here to hold your hand along the way like in highschool. You are now a young adult with alot of resonsibilities and the only person to be held accounted for is yourself. You dont have time to be worried about your peers or whatever the latest gossip is because the work professors give I guarantee will take up the majority of your time. You actually have to sit down and marinate on your classes your taking until your brain hurts. Procrastinating is a major hurtle in college and you can not find yourself doing it because it will come back and bite you hard. Just stay focused, eat brain food, stay positive and dont be afraid to ask for help when you need it because no one got to where they are now without someone elses help.

The biggest thing I've learned in college so far is definility responsibility. In college, mom or dad is no longer there to wake you for school in the morning. You have to take repsponsibilty to get in bed on time and get up on time. Also, no one is going to tell you when or where to do your homework. Again, you have to make these decisions yourself. Another thing I learned is that, to be a college student you have to be able to focus. There are plenty of distractions, from girls to frat parties. It's fun and okay to party and meet girls, but at the end of the day, you have to put more focus on school. The third thing I found out is that if you work hard and study hard, it'll all work out in your favor in the end. All of these things will help me to become a better person, and I will continue to apple these lessons throughtout life.

If I could go back as a high senior in time giving myslef advice as to how college life is I would tell myself appreciate everything about high school. For example, high school is a free eduaction and it can not get no better than that you have free books, lunch, bus trasportation and sometimes free events within the school. I also would tell myself to appreciate teachers more and their teaching skills because high school is a step to get you prepared for college. Where teachers really taking time out helping you wanting to see you do better and further your education, really explaining things for your better understandments in high school the teachers was always there for us as students not for their own benfits but for mines and that's what I would tell myself looking back now as a college student.

Oh how I wish I could do so; to go back in time and tell myself to realize that high school and college are two completely different things. If I could go back in time and coach myself, the first thing I would do is tell myself to stay focused no matter what; the work is much more strenuous than normal and it requires a high degree of diligence to make all A's. Second, I would try to explain that college is a place of oppertunity, and that I should take advantage of EVERY resource that's available to me. You never know what kinds of doors you can stick your foot into when you just ask, and what better place to do so than a college campus? And last, I would remind myself to be optimistic and to not give up no matter what.

If i could go back in time i would tell myself to apply myself alot more in college then i did in high schools. College is not that hard if you stay focus and apply yourself each day. Dont procrastinate. Thats a big problem have in college is procrastination. The more you procrastinate the more you goin hurt yourself in the end. You only get out what you put it, so if you dont put effort into studying hard and staying focus dont expect to have all A's. Slacking is not an option when you slack is when you fail. Also dont get discourage when u flunk a test really bad because everyone does bad on at least one test. That just means you have to work harder go to extra tutoring or ask for help but never give up.

I would love to go back and tell myself to take high school classes alot more serious i and to take some honors courses. Also to form a great pattern of studying. I would let myself know that there is a lot more to life than high school i would say take in the experience and have fun but don't let the fun get in the way of grades. I don't think i would try and stop myself from doing anything differently because everything I've been through was worth the learing experience. The most important advise that i would give myself is to keep faith work hard and study lots and lots, because life will take a toll on you and i want you to be prepared every way possible.

I would tell myself to work harder to keep good grades, so I can get into my first choice schools and win scholarships to help pay for tuition. I would explain how going to all the basketball games and after school events were not important as I made them seem to be because in the long run they would just cause me to lack in my academic work. Really going out and trying to find a job will be more helpful than just buy new clothes, shoes, and going out with friends. Having a job, having a steady income will help start a bank account and pay for things I may need when I go off to college. The biggest advice I would tell myself would be to prepare much harder.

One of the most common trands I have seen in the past four years is the transferring of students from one school to another becuase they do not feel comfortable socially. For many students it is priority that they move far from home to experience new things; but remember that college is a whole new experience, much different from highschool, and having a solid support system is vital to your success. If you go far from home, or even somewhere fairly close, just make sure that you will have a solid support system around you as you grow into a new person. It can be very difficult to experience a whole new world when there is nothing familiar to hold onto.

I would start off by saying that it is important to start looking early! You don't want to rush into a school that you aren't for sure that you would like to attend. Apply for plunty of schools so that your options are open. I would also say that you need to get things ahead of time. Don't wait until the last month to get all your supplys. It is diffrent when you move out of the house and into a dorm, you need lots of diffrent things that you might not have went out and bought for yourself like wash cloths, dishes, glasses. Its a good idea to start early so that the cost of it all isnt hitting you at once!

Well research and visit the campus. Talk to the instructors as well as the students. Find out if there is a certain organization you wish to be apat of is active there. Look at the retention rates. And to make the most of of college experience, I'd say get involved with the campus. Find an organization you like and can relate to and stay active. Be smart when choosing friends and in the activities you participate in. Make sure the program you choose is right for you and that there is a future in it. Do intenships. That can't be stressed enough. And simply, study hard and play hard.