Lincoln University-Jefferson City Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lincoln University-Jefferson City

simone

Though I have only been in college for only one year, my experience as a college student at Lincoln University in Jefferson City, Missouri is quite eventful. I would like to talk about the faculty, the housing and the student life at Lincoln. I genuinely admire the faculty and the classes. The class sizes are small enough to where a student can feel comfortable asking questions and have one-on-one conversations with a professor. In addition, the office hours are spread throughout the afternoon, making it easy to conference with them. As far as housing, it could use improvement. I stay in the honors dorm and even before moving in there was confusion. They switched not only my roommate, but my room as well after my roommate and I already compromised on what we were getting for the room. Additionally, everyone who applied to be in the honors dorm did not get to stay there even though there was room. Furthermore, the quality of the rooms is poor. My initial room had chipped paint on the walls and the air conditioner would leak onto the floor. My roommate and I also encountered a black substance on the windows and air vents that resulted in us having to promptly move to another room on another floor. In regards to student life, when at the events thrown by the Campus Activity Board or other organizations, the unity among the students is apparent. Unfortunately, there are not many clubs or organizations to join. Greek life has the biggest presence on campus. It sometimes feels like the ONLY presence. Jefferson city is such a small town, there is not much nightlife or anything to do. Though there are a few parties on campus, there is a town nearby where a bigger public university is and that is where people go for a nice party or a simple Panda Express. Overall, I think Lincoln University has the potential to be a great school. All in all, I think the best part about Lincoln at this point would be the unity within the student body, not the school itself.

Tatiana

I think Lincoln University has its pros and cons just like any other college. Some pros being smaller class sizes, free on campus tutor, and lower tuition for an HBCU. Some cons being not a lot of activities for on campus students, unkempt maintenance of on campus housing.

aveonna

I Love it it’s truly a home away from home!

Marques

it's a okay place it could improve. Like there should be way more things to do around here. Like sometimes it's fun but usually its boring. Its like if it isn't a party going on there isn't anything to do and even the parties get played out. Maybe if there was more things to do it be a better campus

kimberly

Some of the past students that have graduated will say how lazy and not up to spend Lincoln University is, but i disagree i have had nothing but good experiences at this school. I am proud to the everyone that asks me where i go that i am a proud Blue Tiger at Lincoln University here in Jefferson City.

KaLeen

Great school. Terrible leadership. I gained an okay education to take out to the real world. There's a lot of good professors that care about your education and there's a lot that don't. I love my HBCU but, they really have a lot of updating to do on the University.

Erica

It can be a great school after it improves after somethings. I think that some of things that we have gotten taken away like our History program and Music program need to comeback. Another thing, an understanding on where our money is going to. A lot of things have gotten added on like athletic fees and it just doesn't seem to add up on how we are paying so much money for things and still getting stuff taken away.

Thad

Lincoln University-Jefferson City is one of the greatest schools I have visited and attended. While funding may be low, this school shows incredible potential. The students are intelligent and the faculty are outstanding. Students learn to quickly cooperate with one another in order to educate themselves and others, and the professors are always available and ready to talk to students at almost any given time. I feel that Lincoln University-Jefferson City is very underrated due to its historical degree values. Many people that attend this school come here in order to obtain a proper degree to further their life, however, many companies look down upon those degrees because they came from a university that has been deemed as a campus with low standards. I think this is a subjective thought process and utterly wrong, even downright unjust. Lincoln University has made progression after progression over the years and has come to be a historical monument not only for African American students, but for any and all students from every background. Lincoln University has shown time and time again that it will accommodate to the needs of the students in any way possible. While there have been several mis-steps along the way, the university has always managed to pull itself up off the ground and regain its posture. This university has taken a social beating, and I think an unnecessary one at that. I think the subjective views of the employers across America need to be brought to an end in order to achieve equality across the board. HBCU schools like Lincoln University do not stand a chance against grade-A colleges, yet the faculty and staff still devote most of their lives to the university due to the fact that they believe in the students. Not only do the faculty and staff need to be rewarded, but the student body needs to be recognized for their academic achievement instead of brought down due to the university they are attending. Lincoln University, a HBCU in mid-Missouri has devoted its life to the proper education of those who wish to seek one, and I think it is time we give it the recognition it deserves for doing so.

Mario

Lincoln University is great HBCU to attend, it has some dorm flaws here and there. Overall, there are great professors who are available and are willing to actually make sure you understand the material. Campus resources are almost infinite and are very helpful to all students in need.

Tyra

Personally, this first year at Lincoln University was a blast. I met many new people and built beautiful relationships with the people I chose to get close with. While the food is not grandma's on a sunday, it is still pretty okay. Staff and faculty always make sure you are okay whether it be academically or financially there are many people there rooting for you.

Jaishaun

Overall, I feel that Lincoln University-Jefferson City is a really good school for others to come and attend to. Although it is an HBCU it is well diverse and makes you feel safe. this school has opened many opportunities to me and they offer a lot of financial rewards and internships. I love being here and felt I have made a great decision coming here.

Katelyn

I am a first year student at Lincoln University. Over the course of my first year, I have gained an immense amount of knowledge and have grown as a person. The transition from high school to college was easy because of the amount of guidance that is given. I have not had many problems with professors and can usually get a response to any emails within 24 hours. The only issue I have experienced on campus is a low level of organization from the office. I have had to check multiple times each semester to make sure any scholarships received have been applied. I also have had trouble with documents going missing. I would suggest to keep copies of any documents turned in and to always receive a proof of payment with any transactions. One of my favorite attractions on campus is the Linc, which is the recreational center. It is supplied with nice equipment, is always clean, and has plenty of space for numerous activities such as basketball, volleyball, and running. There are also workout classes available which I found to be a helpful way to stay involved and get in shape. Overall, my experience during my first year at Lincoln has been pleasurable. I am happy with the decision I have made to further my education.

Jarryd

Going to Lincoln University was good thing. I was accepted to other colleges, but something to me to go that school you'll meet amazing friends and I literally met my best friends at the school. Also, my major program is good because I can work with computers.

Chyane

Lincoln University of Missouri is a good school to attend if you do not have a very strenuous major. If you plan on attending medical school or a graduate program afterwards, I would recommend a different school. But as for a bachelors this is a good school.