Lincoln University-Lincoln University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lincoln University-Lincoln University

Arnelle

I love it here. My overall experience was a plus. College is what you make it. Don't transfer in the spring!!!!!

Damani

In my opinion, I made an okay choice when I chose Lincoln. It's not the best but it's not the worst either. However, I do have somethings that I dislike about my university. Some of these things include, the limited food choices we have, how rural the campus is, and there is no way to get around unless you know someone who has a vehicle. Though these are some cons, we do have some pros, such as, class sizes are very small, professors are always willing to help, counseling services are very supportive, and our Public Safety Officers know how to do their jobs well.

Kianna

Needs Work!! Lots of it, overall not too bad but I feel you don’t get what you pay for. Food and dorms are something that’s important. Location is hard, because everything is far away. Campus life is not too bad. Always so something going on. Academics is not hard at all. Professors are not bad. Had ah bad bug situation.

JoMarae

The first HBCU Lincoln University is a great school especially for academics,our STEM program is exceptional. The campus has so many extracurricular activities that there is hardly ever a time where there isn’t anything to do. There are organizations for everyone you just have to find what fits you.At Lincoln from staff to undergrad and alumni we're all apart of a big family .Lincoln is a great place to start a business because everyone is super supportive.Our only downfall is that we are a bit secluded which makes it is a little hard to travel to the mall and movie cinemas. Lincoln University is a wonderful school to attend ,build life long relationships and future careers

Nnedi

Lincoln University is an institution. A student's experience here depends on their ability to create opportunities for themselves. The small size of the school and hidden location cultivates outspoken, go-getting students. If a student was "shy" or quiet prior to their arrival, they will be forced out of their comfort zone. Lincoln is also very cultured. Although the school is small in number, students hail from a plethora of distinctive cities and countries such as Las Vegas, Nigeria, and New York, just to name a few. One feature that sets LU apart from other schools is it's sense of familiarity; not matter how far you came to attend, you'll feel right at home.

khayla

At first i wa a little overwhelmed. I really didnt like the school at all. the envirnment was a little to wordly for me. And i didnt do well because i was out of my element. But i realized quickly...that a closed mouth doesnt get fed. Once i voiced my concerns and asked for help, the response was awesome. i got the help i needed, changed my focus, and now i'm back on track. The staff came through to help me and the outpourring of support was amazing. i got involved with the right people,my right interest, i utilized the proper resources, and now i feel much better.

Destiney

Lincoln University is the FIRST degree granting HBCU. It is a small college, where a lot of historical figures have graduated from. Because of the historical greatness that has come forth from this college, greatness is inevitable. This beautiful HBCU has small class sizes and selfless teachers. Unlike other colleges, professors actually care here; professors are willing to help and won't stop until students are fully prepared for the next level of their lives.

Ian

Lincoln University is really a hidden gem built by behind rich culture. There are so many opportunities in front of you when becoming a Lincoln Lion. Hands down if I had to make the decision to attend lincoln I would do it again and again. 1854 The first HBCU for sure!

Daquan

Great school, I would recommend students to come to the first degree-granting historically black university.

Forrest

I believe that the school is a great fit for any ethnic background and really brings the community together. I just think the freshman buildings need a renovation since it is a little out to date. The food selection is diverse in a way but the flavor of the food can be better.

Briyanna

Lincoln University is a very family-friendly campus. Staff and students here are very helpful and guide you in the right direction. I would definitely recommend this university to all students. Lincoln University provides a stellar education where every student can feel successful.

FOPEFOLUWA

Lincoln University, being the first HBCU is a university that teaches and emphases the black culture in every thing they do. Being an international student from Africa, I can appreciate this because it shows how resilient Africans can be. Lincoln University is generally just needs more student inclined activities

Solashley

Lincoln University is a great institution and I am proud to be a Lincoln Lion. At Lincoln University we are very proud of our history as an HBCU and take pride in promoting a great atmosphere to encourage academic learning on many levels. I love my HBCU like you can't go wrong with the first!

James

Lincoln is a great school overall. Obviously there would be flaws and things to change but no school is perfect. Great academics and student involvement. Students are given an advisor to help them with their college life and education. My advisor is great. She helped me through my first semster. The proffesors are very nice and available through their office hours. Some even stay past their office hours

Makiya

Best place for me. Campus is small and very personal, and family oriented. The people here are like a second family. Organizations and clubs put in place to guide new students like Promise have made my transition to college wonderful. The experiences I've had since August have been eye opening and I can't wait to see what else THE FIRST HBCU has to offer.

Eunice

The academic part of the school is very good but there are no activities outside of campus. The school is also small and cozy so you can feel safe. The cafe food needs to be better.

Yasmeain

My overall opinion on The Lincoln University the first degree granting HBCU shall i say founded in 1854 hmm well lincoln is your family away from home have you ever watched the show different world? I tend to always compare the two because being at lincoln its never really any negativity alot of uplifting happens there the people are very welcoming and you are hearing this from somebody who had lincoln on the bottom of their list and swore up an down they would never go there an I just couldnt see myself at any other university. In my great opinion TheLU is the best.

Jasmine

Lincoln University isn't what I expected it to be due to the school lacking in so many areas such as not providing their freshmen any possible assistance and the absence of off campus activities. I was told that Lincoln would be a safe environment.

shannon

Lincoln university is a wonderful university for students all over the world who want to get in touch with the roots and history of African American people. At Lincoln, education is a priority and enforced everyday. The faculty and stuff make it their job to grow connections and relationships with their students. The student life is amazing and everyone gets involved.

Afiya

I love my HBCU ! Lincoln University has offered me many opportunities and hopefully there will be more by the time I graduate. It is a small school so it feels like a home away from home where everyone knows everyone. Most professors here do genuinely care about students and will go out of their way to make sure that we have the tools we need to get as much out of classes as possible.

Monai

Learn and give my all and get the best experience

Maitay

I love Lincoln university of Pennsylvania when I went to a college tour in high school and visited I knew this would be my choice. It’s a dry campus the professors are stern but fair and I get to go to church when I’m here as well and I’m not far from home.

Trinity

Lincoln University is an amazing school to attend but when it comes to the administration and faculty, things change. The administration has a very hard time trying to answer the phone for students with questions and financial issues. This summer alone I had called Lincoln 15 times just to speak with someone in the financial aid office. Multiple times I would leave voicemails in hopes to receive a callback. Putting these issues to the side Lincoln has allowed me to meet many people who are similar to me and have the same goals.

Damara

Lincoln University, is a big family! They do everything from love each other fight each other and when times are rough come together as one for the greater good. While they may not have the most updated lifestyle or educational programming it is still a great liberal arts college to consider. The sports teams vary from being great and sub par, but none the less there is always the lion spirit. Lincoln like many other universities is a great place to form connections as long as you are willing to put yourself out there.

Damara

When I first visited the campus I knew this was the right school for me. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. The campus is very beautiful. The food is ok. Nothing is like your moms food. The facility and staff treats you like family. I am truly grateful to be a Lincoln Lion.

Awa

Lincoln University is a great school but has its perks. Lincoln is known in if you are trying to become an entrepreneur or if your major has to do with business. Lincoln parties can be lit if everyone comes together. The food can be better. Dorms are clean. Some of the people that attend Lincoln can be a little stuck up, but at the end of the day,​ Lincoln is like a family school. Everyone treats everyone with respect and everyone always has a smile on their face.

Quianna

It is a great school i honestly can not wait to start in the fall. I am excited for new beginnings and learning new things. I am extremely excited to further my education and begin my career in the next couple of years. But i really hope the next four years at Lincoln will be nothing but great experiences.

shaolin

Lincoln University is an HBCU located in the middle of beautiful farm land. It is the first HBCU and one of the most under appreciated Historically Black University’s. Lincoln has helped me learn more about my kin, and has opened my eyes to the many cultures within the African American community. Though we are a University that truly does “Rep our set”, we do not exclude those of other races. Although Lincoln University has areas in which it needs improvement, we as a student body are taking the necessary measures to make our campus a second home for everyone.

Sheldon

It is a great place to be at school

Erikka

In my opinion, Lincoln University is a great school. Although, it could offer a little more student support academically and pertaining to housing