Saint Charles, MO
Lindenwood University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lindenwood University

Saga

Lindenwood is a small enough school that you will be on a first-name basis with all your professors, yet large enough that you'll be surprised by how many people you don't know.

Look, I know it's been hard, having to deal with "friends" who turn out to be deliberately rude for most of your life. But once you find classmates who aren't really jerks at college, don't spend every monent of free time with them. It may sound harsh, but you're going to have a tendency to latch onto friends, and that's not necessarily a good thing. Always remember why you're going to college: education, not friends. If you neglect your studies and homework to go out on a midnight run with your roommates every night, you're going to have a hard time getting A's in class. That's not to say you won't get straight A's, but being too intense about your social life is going to be something you'll struggle with unless you know how to combat it in advance. Of course you can still hang out with friends, just make sure you prioritize your studies. So don't worry about it; just keep in mind that you can have as much fun with your friends as you like once you're done with your scholarly commitments.

Kelsey

The teachers here seem to genuinely care about the students education and making sure that they understand the course work.

I wish I had known that there is almost nobody that stays on campus during the weekends.

Jacqueline

Don't focus on the money. If your schoool has good acedemic advising and a challenging, on-hands program, you will find a job and be able to start paying back your loans. Choosing a school because it's affordable should not be the number one reason to attend.

Athletes are a big part of the community on campus, as well as international students and locals from the Missouri area. The school continues to find more diverse students who are active on campus, starting clubs, and getting people involved.

Someone looking for a very rigorous program should not attend Lindenwood. We are challenged, but it is common to hear, "take this professor, they are easy."

Nadja

My class mates are mostly reserved. hey are not very interactive. I tend to envolve my self with my track mates.

I would choose my college carefully. I more than likely would not let my coaches choose my classes. I know that I would definately let my mother be more involved, she tried and thought I could do everything on my own. I soon learned how much I really need her; shse wasn't far and caught me when I fell, dusted me off and gave me the push to continue.

To attend Lindenwood-Belleville thse student must be very strong-willed. There are many different issues in Belleville that some student may not have encountered before.

melissa

I would first of all tell myself to start saving a lot of money for college. Furthermore, I would tell myself that I should consider double major or other opportunities. I remember when I was convinced in high school that a degree in Education was the best for me. As much as I love teaching, I wish I had someone in high school tellling me to consider other options on the side too such as speech pathologist, which I am working on now. I would also tell myself to organize my college plan and in how many years I would like to graduate, just to be more prepared.

Everybody can attend Lindenwood but people that like to have a lot of freedom in their home or in their life should consider another university as Lindenwood emphasis a lot on visitation hours and housing rules.

Katherine

My classmates are fun, conversational, friendly and resourceful.

My classmates are fun, conversational, friendly and resourceful.

I would tell myself to buckle down and not waste the hard earned money that my parents spent on the first part of my education. I would kick myself in the pants and make sure that I understood that college is a gift and not to throw it away.

Students who are not serious about their education and want to spent their time playing video games recreationally should not attend Lindenwood.

Danielle

Do your best and study hard. Apply for any school you want to regardless of how much it costs. You never know how much scholarships and grants you will get. Go for the school of your dreams.

If you are student completely focused on your studies and do not care about partying this school is for you.

If you are a student looking for a school with lots of student activity, sororities/fraternities, and partying this is not the school for you.

Chelsy

The majority of my classmates are usually more focused on their collegiate sports rather than their education and in such the work ethic and classroom discussion suffer.

If given the chance I'd go and tell myself that there are some things in life you cannot prepare yourself for, and college is one of those things. There is no way to prepare yourself for a complete lifestyle change, but you should always try to be adaptable to any given situation. I'd tell myself to stay openminded about other's beliefs, and work on time-management skills because unlike in high school, nobody is there to guide the way for you. I wish I could have told myself to do more community service in high school, because the rewarding feeling that it provides. The transition is rough, but knowing how to be flexible and dedicated is something that makes a successful college student.

I tend to brag about Lindenwood's newest building the Evans Commons, that they built for students since the athletic facilities are the best on campus and around the surrounding area.

Tendai

There is nothing I consider bad about my school. Its a good school and I am getting the skills necessary for my career.

If you are not ready to work hard you should not bother attending this school

Krista

Most students here are driven to learn all they can about their selected field, while also interested in maintaining an active social life.

There is a large commuter population, so the campus looks completely different during the day than it does on weekends. The school does not have a whole lot of activities going on over weekends, but there are always things to do in the surrounding cities, or many students just hang out in the houses and dorms.

Your convictions will be threatened. You may think it easiest just to throw them out, but hold on tightly to those principles that a loving family has established in you. You will grow exponentially during these next several years, experiencing things you've never dreamed would happen. Stay focused on seeking out your purpose through the excitements and through the mundane. There will be personal tragedies, but they will appear only as fading bruises in comparison to the moments of joy that await you. None of the disappointments you will see can overshadow the assurance of being right where you were meant to be. You will be part of an inspired, faithful community that carries each other's burdens and calls you to give all of yourself to true life. Entrust yourself to their love and use your gifts to encourage others. Be present. Engage. Oh, and forget about studying in New Zealand... but you may want to start learning Afrikaans. ;)

Lindenwood University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.