Saint Charles, MO
Lindenwood University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lindenwood University

Callie

The best advice that I can give to anyone trying to find the right college is to visit in person any college you are considering. No amount of pamphlets, brochures, or brightly colored web pages can give you a fraction of the information you glean from an actual visit, when you get to see the campus and get a feel for the school in person. I ended up attending the very first college I toured. I wasn't interested in Lindenwood at all; I just wanted to have a sort of "practice visit" to a school nearby so that I would know what to expect on later visits. When I got there, though, I could feel the history, drive, and sophistication of the school and felt so excited (for the first time) about going to college. I fell in love with it on my visit, and if I hadn't gone there in person I surely wouldn't be there now. As for making the most of the experience, I would advise people to try new things and open themselves up to new experiences by taking fun classes, joining a new club, and interacting with new, different people.

Ramona

Make sure you like the environment and the campus. Also make sure that the university you select have a strong academic department for your major.

Lindenwood is a very diverse campus, known for giving scholarships for students all over the world to come study in St. Charles, Missouri. The campus itself is very historic with an old fashioned feel mixed in with cutting edge growth. Constantly expanding, the campus as well the school's degree programs has grown much just over the past few years.

Keep an open mind. As a senior in high school, I started the tedious process of finding "the right college." Every day, more and more college flyers arrived in the mail, further confusing me in my decision of where to go. As a good student, getting in wasn't the issue. The problem was what kind of scholarship I was going to get. As deadlines loomed, my parents decided we needed to have "the talk." No, I'm not talking about the birds-and-bees talk, but the we-know-where-you-need-to-go talk. They had decided that I was going to go to the same college as my brother, located only one hour away. So much for independence. Yes, it was a good school and they were offering me a full ride, but I wanted to make my own choice. However, freshman year I was really glad I had my brother around to guide me and my parents just an hour away. Once I stopped being stubborn, I realized that this college was full of great opportunities. Didn't matter where I was, it was what I made of it. I just needed an open mind.

LU has a strict dry-campus policy. Also, the dorms are strict in their single-sex policies. There is visitation allowed, but it's closely monitored.

Sean

the students here are overworked alcoholics.

the students here are overworked alcoholics.

the student will need to go visit the school that they take intrest in. while visiting look for some activities that the will spark intrest clubs exetera. then they will want to pick the dorms that they will be living in. make sure that it has a good location compared to the buildings that your classes are at. try to contact any roommates that you will have the next year. choose the college that best suits your intrests.

the shooting team and the tree lined campus.

Finding the right college is work i will say, but it's a chance to see and to find out what wonderful and interesting things are out there for you to try. When visiting colleges ask as many questions as you want. Ask about the degrees they offer or if you know what you want to study ask them about what they have to offer for your field. Also ask about any activities you may be interested in doing, like sports or being apart of a club. An as a student make sure you like the schools you have choosen because if you don't like the schools you maynot have the college experience you wanted. As for the parents help your soon to be college student out. Make sure you and your child understand the financal part of this process but also enjoy the time you are spending with your son/daughter visiting schools. These schools hold your childs future and as a parent you want to be apart of that. No matter what school you choose just remember to make the most of it!!

The best thing about my school is that you get to meet a lot of new people and they are very excited to meet you. People at my school are very excepting for you and want to talk to you and ask how you are doing. Also the professors at the school are very helpful if you are stuck on your work or have questions. The environment of my school is great it's very easy going and even though my house isn't too far from school I feel like I'm in a whole new place.

There aren't a lot of bad things about my school, except for the food. There is a lot to choose from in our cafateria but it's the samething everyday. Sometimes when my friends and I go and eat we look at what they are serving and it doesn't look good or like food. They do have a grab n' go which is lunch to go, but still it's the same thing everyday. The University is going to put in a strip mall with more food place, but no one knows when that's going to be.

Darrell

Definately throughly research the schools that you are interested in and research the schools that are interested in you a lot more. Talk to students on how they like the school mostly because staff and faculty may have a tendency to bend the truth.

Tight ass people that do not mind be held under ever restriction possible. No campus activities every. People that do not mind being kicked out of school for having the opposite sex in your dorm room or if they find out that you are a homosexual. One will also get kicked out for consuming alcohol even if you are of the legal age.

Amelia

athletics-Football, Track, Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball...you name it

athletics-Football, Track, Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball...you name it

take a tour of dorms and campus housing, read the handbook front to back, and talk to undergrad students about visitation and social life, and find out the policy on loans and vouchers. its necessary.

a person used to life in the suburbs, somewhat close to both the city & the country

Libral arts department...extremely high transfer out rate

Libral arts department...extremely high transfer out rate

Before deciding on your school do extensive resherch on the school you are considering ecspecially the transfer out rate. If the school youre considering has a high transfer out rate then it has alot of unhappy students. Also if you have the opportunity to speak to a student current or past take it, they can give you inside information on the school in question that an advisor wouldn't necissarly tell you such as how bad the food really is. In addition don't be afraid to switch schools if you are unhappy, you have the right to attend where you feel most comfortable and if that means four schools in four years, well then at least you learned alot. My high school was unacredited when I decieded to go back to school so I was left with no choice but to go where I am at but even if you dont like where you are at, while you are stuck there try to find the positive things in your situation. If I hadn't been forced to go to the school I am at I wouldnt have met my husband, some things are just ment to be.

Biology and Chemisty professors and nice but other than that there is nothing good.

Danny

Lindenwood University is a good school that has alot of potential, I just don't believe it has fully realized it yet.

I would recomend really looking into what you want to be. Just don't sit back, and think "yeah this is what I think I wanna do." Know what you want to do. Research, internship, and experince it. Parents, help your kids, its a tough world they are about to enter.

I believe the best thing about our school is the new arts building that was just built. Its a great additon to our campus.

Lindenwood University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.