Saint Charles, MO
Lindenwood University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lindenwood University

Sheila

One thing I would start with would be to figure out what the student might want to major in and then how far from home the student wants to go. Another thing that is important to take into account is the difficulty of the classes, particularly in the major the student wants to follow. Some schools might have a very strong buisness program but then only a mediocre teachers program or something along the lines. Extracuricular activities are another thing that are really important to look into, having a good social experience during college can make or break the entire experience for you. Sometimes even if the program is very challenging and fun yet there aren't many things to do outside or class or ways to meet people outside of your major it can be really frustrating.

I wish i had been more aware of the difficulty of the acedemics at Lindenwood or rather the lack there of.

The school didn't have much going on during the weekends for students because many of the students would go home.

Visit as many schools as you can and keep an open mind. I had certain criteria for colleges that I wanted to apply to and only applied to those schools. I ended up at one of them and it turned out to be all wrong for me. I transfered to Lindenwood, which I never considered applying to originally and it has ended up being the perfect school for me.

friendly, financially conscious, people who like smaller classes and closer teacher/student relationships

good teachers and great school for education majors

Abigail

Many are conservative midwesterners while the rest are from other countries such as Panama, France, Bolivia, Japan, and India...

I advise parents and students to thoroughly research the colleges they are interested in by not only touring the campuses and checking statistics, but also by talking to students that currently attend the college. The best way to get a feel for a college is to ask the students. Also, keep in mind personal priorities for prospective colleges. For example, is price more important or professors that are experts in their field? How much do extra curricular activities and sports matter? What about classroom size? Finding the right college can be overwhelming, but I now realize that the key is to look at what the school offers while you attend, and what it can offer after you graduate. Remember, college is more than a four year decision, its a lifelong decision that will determine your future career. I wish the best of luck to all seeking a college education and know that it is the best decision one could ever make.

I wish I had known that the administration was disorganized and not very helpful.

Tahreemah

Student the school which gives you the most money is not always the best school for you. You should visits lots of different schools and talk to current students who will be honest with you. The choice you will make is a big one so choose wisely.

That guys and girls are not really able to interact.

Callie

The best advice that I can give to anyone trying to find the right college is to visit in person any college you are considering. No amount of pamphlets, brochures, or brightly colored web pages can give you a fraction of the information you glean from an actual visit, when you get to see the campus and get a feel for the school in person. I ended up attending the very first college I toured. I wasn't interested in Lindenwood at all; I just wanted to have a sort of "practice visit" to a school nearby so that I would know what to expect on later visits. When I got there, though, I could feel the history, drive, and sophistication of the school and felt so excited (for the first time) about going to college. I fell in love with it on my visit, and if I hadn't gone there in person I surely wouldn't be there now. As for making the most of the experience, I would advise people to try new things and open themselves up to new experiences by taking fun classes, joining a new club, and interacting with new, different people.

Ramona

Make sure you like the environment and the campus. Also make sure that the university you select have a strong academic department for your major.

Lindenwood is a very diverse campus, known for giving scholarships for students all over the world to come study in St. Charles, Missouri. The campus itself is very historic with an old fashioned feel mixed in with cutting edge growth. Constantly expanding, the campus as well the school's degree programs has grown much just over the past few years.

Keep an open mind. As a senior in high school, I started the tedious process of finding "the right college." Every day, more and more college flyers arrived in the mail, further confusing me in my decision of where to go. As a good student, getting in wasn't the issue. The problem was what kind of scholarship I was going to get. As deadlines loomed, my parents decided we needed to have "the talk." No, I'm not talking about the birds-and-bees talk, but the we-know-where-you-need-to-go talk. They had decided that I was going to go to the same college as my brother, located only one hour away. So much for independence. Yes, it was a good school and they were offering me a full ride, but I wanted to make my own choice. However, freshman year I was really glad I had my brother around to guide me and my parents just an hour away. Once I stopped being stubborn, I realized that this college was full of great opportunities. Didn't matter where I was, it was what I made of it. I just needed an open mind.

LU has a strict dry-campus policy. Also, the dorms are strict in their single-sex policies. There is visitation allowed, but it's closely monitored.

Sean

the students here are overworked alcoholics.

the students here are overworked alcoholics.

the student will need to go visit the school that they take intrest in. while visiting look for some activities that the will spark intrest clubs exetera. then they will want to pick the dorms that they will be living in. make sure that it has a good location compared to the buildings that your classes are at. try to contact any roommates that you will have the next year. choose the college that best suits your intrests.

the shooting team and the tree lined campus.

Finding the right college is work i will say, but it's a chance to see and to find out what wonderful and interesting things are out there for you to try. When visiting colleges ask as many questions as you want. Ask about the degrees they offer or if you know what you want to study ask them about what they have to offer for your field. Also ask about any activities you may be interested in doing, like sports or being apart of a club. An as a student make sure you like the schools you have choosen because if you don't like the schools you maynot have the college experience you wanted. As for the parents help your soon to be college student out. Make sure you and your child understand the financal part of this process but also enjoy the time you are spending with your son/daughter visiting schools. These schools hold your childs future and as a parent you want to be apart of that. No matter what school you choose just remember to make the most of it!!

The best thing about my school is that you get to meet a lot of new people and they are very excited to meet you. People at my school are very excepting for you and want to talk to you and ask how you are doing. Also the professors at the school are very helpful if you are stuck on your work or have questions. The environment of my school is great it's very easy going and even though my house isn't too far from school I feel like I'm in a whole new place.

There aren't a lot of bad things about my school, except for the food. There is a lot to choose from in our cafateria but it's the samething everyday. Sometimes when my friends and I go and eat we look at what they are serving and it doesn't look good or like food. They do have a grab n' go which is lunch to go, but still it's the same thing everyday. The University is going to put in a strip mall with more food place, but no one knows when that's going to be.

Lindenwood University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.