McMinnville, OR
Linfield College-McMinnville Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Linfield College-McMinnville Campus

Mercedes

I have learned so much from my college experience and I love all the classes I have taken. I want to major in Psychology and I have enjoyed all the psychology classes i have enrolled in, I can not wait to take more. It has been very valuable to attend college because I have always wanted to pursue a career in psycholgy/counseling and I can not do that without my bachelors degree. I want to do more with my life which is why I need to finish college.

Delane

When I started college I really didn't think that it was going to be much different than attending high school, once I started I realized so much was different. Honestly, no one cares if you don't get your homework done, they just want it turned in; it's not there problem if you don't show up, just hope you know what's on the exam. Once you learn this your pretty much set, you have to learn to prioritize. I've really learned that being in college takes responsibility, your paying so much money to get a degree in what you want to pursue, so you have to take it seriously. In so many ways this has been valuable to me because I want to graduate and get into a great job in my field. There is no one that is going to do my work for me so if I don't try my hardest and work my butt off, I'm not going to get anywhere, that's why I want to try my best. So far that's what my college experience has taught me.

Allison

My classmates are passionate people who are interested in everything from playing basketball in the pool to the writing of James Joyce.

My college experience has not been solely about the classes I take, but about the personal growth that results from stepping outside my comfort zone and pushing myself to try new things. Before I attended college, I had never shared a room. I had never gone to a concert. I had never been responsible for making my own dinner. In high school, my parents would always push me to do my homework and get good grades. In college, they don't know when my assignments are due -- the responsibility is all one me. It has been a valuable venture because it has forced me to grow into the person I want to be. I have learned to bind books and to make ravioli from scratch. I have debated Chomsky's poverty of stimulus argument and explored coffee shops in the city. The college experience is simply that -- an experience.

The small class sizes and personalized learning experience has really helped me delve deep into the topics I'm most interested in. If I have questions, I can get them answered easily. I build a relationship with the professors I have and with my peers.

Moniqa

Linfield is a small college where, as a student, you can really feel at home; it is an amazing school that is widely known for its academic prestige and strong sports programs.

College is everything I thought it would be and more. I have made incredible friends, taken fun classes, and gotten to know knowledgeable professors. I know that I have spent only less than a year here at Linfield, but in all honesty, I feel at home even now. Everyday I see people that I know when I walk across campus, I at least say "hi" to all of them. The great thing about a small school is that you know a good percentage of the student population and can have an in-depth conversation with 10-15 of the ones who are closest to you. If anything, I would tell someone to attend college for the life-long friendships that can blossom and the valuable times that you share with those people. What I have learned from college is that the degree isn't what really matters. It's the journey that gets you to that degree. Along the way you will discover yourself and what you like doing. Once you have that, and a degree, you can do whatever you want. Most people get jobs outside of their major, so that can't be all that matters.

I wish I had known a bit more about the professors and which classes to take, especially getting some of the general credits out of the way first. After not taking any my first semester, I am now having to catch up.

Skyler

Since i have been in college it has valuable in a sense to me that someday my work will mean alot to someone. I mean that because my current study is diesel technology and when im working on big over the road trucks they have to be done right because if they aren't it could cost somebodys life and to me that means alot and i put my full effort into my learning and studying so one day i can be a master mechanic.

Zach

My classmates are well mannered, friendly, and very dedicated to everything they are involved in.

My college experience has taught me a great deal about people. In my experience at Linfield, I have met people from Washington, California, Oregon, Idaho, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, Montana, Alaska, Mexico, France, Germany, Holland, Japan, China, and Canada. Meeting so many people from so many different places has given me some insight into the differences and similarities that we all share. For me, all of my previous stereotypes and categorizations were shattered. After interacting and getting to know people on a personal level, in and outside of the classroom has been valued greatly by not only myself, but also all of my fellow students. While Linfield is known for great academics and the NCAA record for most consecutive winning football seasons, it was the people that really made me love it here. I get to experience so many new things with such a wide array of people. I did a great deal of growing up in my first year of college, and I have only begun to grow up and mature even more. For that, I value Linfield and everyone here.

While some might say that the worst thing about their school is the price, or the people there, or even the place that it is in. For me however, the worst thing about my school is the fact that I do not get to see my family every day. Even though both my parents and siblings are very busy, we would spend time together every evening. To me that time meant relaxing and catching up with my family.

Justice

What I have gotten out of my college experience, it has made me more independent and able to figure out what I really need to do and get it done. I have understood what I am doing in my classes and never give up even if I want to. It has been valuable to attend, because, if I don?t go to college I won?t get the job I really want. It really show that everyone need to go to college, because there are the jobs that you need to have your Bachelors degree and if someone doesn?t have it you will not achieve that job that you really wanted.

My classmates are very intelligent people who care about their education. They work hard to the best of their ability and are very friendly. They are also from every different ethnicity, including many foreign exchange student. I also only have on average 50 kids or less in each of my classes, so it makes it easier to get to know them and easier to have a relatioship with them.

Linfield College is best known for the sense of community it gives to its students. It also is know for encouraging its student to study abroad. It goes so far, that it actually pays for your first ticket to a foreign country. Linfied is also known for the relationships that the professors and the students build together. It provides numerous amounts of help if you need it and actually cares about you and how your college experience it going.

From college I have learned to be a more indepentent person and have developed relationships with people I never would have before college. I currently live with a foreign exchange student from Vietname, and have really learned about another culture and developed skills to work out our differences. I have also learned the value of a dollar and spend my money very wisely. College has helped me to move out of the teenage years, and into adulthood. Managing my time is another thing that I have gained from attending college. I have also learned while being at college, that my family are the most important people in my life and I am so fortunate to have them. My attendence at college has been valuable because it has shaped me and has made me a better rounded individual. It has given me a better understanding of culture, learning, friendships, and also just the value of life. It has made me learn to think more critically about more things and made me realize how fortunate I am to be able to attend such a great school.

Joanna

My college experience has not been so great because out of all my family members including cousins, I am the first one to attend college and trust me it's not that easy specially when your the first one in college knowing that you have no one to help you at home once again because they have never attended college. When it was my first day attending college, I was really scared to death because I didn't know what to expect and another reason is because I didn't know anyone at college. I was really nervous because I thought the teachers were going to be mean just like I had seen in movies and other television shows. Plus am a very shy person so I became more scared that i didn't want to enter the classroom but am glad that I overcame my fear because it ended being a great experience for me. I know that attending college is a valuable lesson because with the degrees they offer you could get a better job then your parents if you come from a poor family like me, you are going to be proud of yourself and your family.

Bouquet

our football team, pretty campus, the location is kind of in the middle of nowhere, somewhat tough school

I grew up in Thailand and went to a Thai school all my life, up until 2008. When time came that I was to start thinking about my universities, I started to apply to the usual universities in Thailand. I didn't even really consider applying for college in the states. It just was something so surreal, I didn't actually think I could do it, what with the SATs and the language barrier(despite being quite fluent in English, I did realize that--despite my school's good English education program--my English skills would probably still quite a ways behind most native English speakers), and everything. But, after much persuasion from my dad, I decided to try to apply to a few colleges in the states and because I actually soon realized that I was eager and curious to find out about the culture my dad had come from. After much difficulty and a few rejections, I was finally accepted into Linfield college. These past two years at Linfield college has been a whilwind of change and completely amazing experiences. Thailand's and American culture is probably almost polar opposites, but I have truly enjoyed every minute here.

the small classes, the accessibility of the professors, professors are passionate about what the teach, the campus is very beautifully kept, the college has many avaiable resources to help students with different issues they might have, the college awards and gives out many scholarships to students

Linfield College-McMinnville Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.