Linfield College-McMinnville Campus

« See more reviews of Linfield College-McMinnville Campus

I wish I would have known how many students live in a close proximity to the school. I came to Linfield from Alaska without a car, and as a result spend every weekend on campus. Many of the students, however, live a driving distance from the school and spend many of their weekends and breaks at home. Some weekend the school offsets the weekend migration with fun events sponsored by student body. I have enjoyed my residence life experience overall, but this factor has made for some long, quiet weekends on campus. Find a friend with a car and guestroom!

In some ways I wish I would have known exactly what activities I wanted to get involved in so that I could have planned my time better from day one, but at the same time, I am glad that I had to decide as I went along. There are things that I wanted to be involved in but couldn't in the end (because you can't be involved in everything), but I don't have any regrets because I have learned a lot. But my advice to new students would be: be open to trying new things!

I wish I had known that McMinnville was such a small town and that I would need a car. I wish I had known that the meal plan isn't very ideal. I wish I knew that my roommate would be insane, but my dorm family would be awesome-so don't worry about the living situation too much. I wish I had known I would need a huge towel to drape over the see through shower stalls. I wish I knew how cold it would get, and that I would have to travel light due to lack of space.

I wish I had known how small it really was. While the small size has its benefits, when you go elsewhere and see their social life, you can feel like Linfield is lacking in some social opportunities. At the same time, the academics are phenomenal and the professors are excellent. So what you would get at Linfield is a quality education you cannot get elsewhere, you just have to hunt more for social opportunities and try to get involved in as much as possible.

I wish I had gotten to experience the environment of the campus. It is very nice a relaxed and I love it alot. There are many different kinds of people who attend Linfield from all over the place and they have a lot of foreign exchange students which are very fun to talk to. I also enjoy Jazzmen's which is a coffee shop located on campus and is a great place to just hang out when you don't want to go back to your dormroom or study in the library.

I wish I had known that the same pressures that exisited in high school are present in college. I was a quiet high school student who often felt and resisted the pressures of drugs and alcohol. I thought that once I got to college everyone would be more "grown up" and wouldn't care if you didn't drink, but the same pressures are here too. College isn't as radically different as I thought it was going to be, but it causes you to define who you are.

I wish I had known Oregon's rain is sprinkly and not really a downpour - it never really gets that cold, so you need way more summer/fall/spring clothes than winter clothes. Also, that the tuition increases every single year by a significant amount, but your school financial aid never increases, so by your senior year your costs will have doubled.

Not just Linfield but college in general, how much more time management you have to have with school work and that not to get behind on your work. Your parents are not there to make you do things. By putting in 20 minutes at least for each class everyday you will be able to stay on top of your work and succeed throughly.

I wish I would have known just how small Linfield was. It has the feel of a high school, the only difference is that students live here. I still like it a lot, and am not planning on leaving. I came in very open minded and have been pleased with the experience thus far.

I wish I would have known how small the campus actually felt. I knew going in that there were only 1800 students on campus, but it definitely feels much smaller than that. I recognize almost everyone on campus, I just wish I would have bothered to learn their names.