Linfield College-McMinnville Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Linfield College-McMinnville Campus

It is clean, pretty, and full of life. It is a large campus for such a small population but everything is easily within walking distance (or bike if you prefer). The environment is friendly and you always recognize a face wherever you go. Linfield has so many opportunities on and off campus students can take advantage of.

Jordan

The Linfield campus is beautiful. While the college is small, the campus is widespread in proportion to the population and covered in fields and greenery. Most of the buildings are brick which provides the classic college feel, but inside, especially in the academic buildings, the setting is more modern. It's the perfect environment to find a quiet place to study or plan an activity with friends. Most buildings seem pretty up to date. Linfield has an exceptional campus compared to colleges of similar type. Campus is within walking distance to the downtown area which is very convenient.

Mikayla

This college is usually a wonderful place. However, it is a liberal-dominated campus and having a different point of view is often difficult. The dorms are much bigger than other colleges, but the dining hall leaves something to be desired. Some entry classes are larger, but all are reasonably sized. They do not even have a large lecture hall! There are many amazing people and professors here, as long as you find them. Some professors really do go above and beyond for their students. The student leadership team also holds events regularly that can be pretty fun. At Linfield, you can have an amazing experience, as long as you work for it.

Sydney

Linfield College, located in McMinnville Oregon's suburbs is a wonderful place to pursue an undergraduate education. Our campus is decorated with cute little squirrels, acorns and our Wildcat mascot. Although we are known for our nursing program, other emphasis areas do not fall by the wayside-- as a Political Science major and Spanish minor, I absolutely love the courses and professors offered for my emphasis areas! Overall, our small class sizes and liberal arts approach allows students to have contact with their professors, ask questions and excel academically. Linfield also promotes diversity through Spanish Club and Black Student Union, academics through our honor societies and athletics through our great sports teams like football and softball. Go Cats!

Anastasia

Linfield College, in every way, epitomizes its most infamous phrase: "the power of a small college." Whether it is class sizes, social group sizes, or the overall campus size, Linfield prepares students to feel powerful in a world that sometimes can feel quite small.

Grace

The college provides students with a place to learn and build relationships. They have a focus on creating life long-learners who will be able to contribute to the community in a positive way. The resources you need to succeed are there for you if you look for them. The campus is extremely safe and puts a high value on academics, but you can get a well-rounded and varying college experience here. If you are hoping to become a teacher the education program is amazing and focuses on having involvement with the schools in the area.

Emma

I really enjoy Linfield College. It is a perfect size for someone like me, it is small enough that I am always seeing my friends but, big enough that I am still meeting new people. The nursing class are challenging but I feel that they are preparing me for the nursing campus. I love the students and how progressive they are, they are always fighting for what they believe and they are always striving to make a difference.

Lily

Linfield College has given me a great experience as a college student with good class sizes and variety, as well as amazing, inspiring and accessible professors. There are a multitude of activities and extracurriculars to get involved with on campus, and the community here is open and accepting aside from a small minority of students. During my time here there have been a lot of changes occurring at the school, which have negatively impacted some of my friends, however they will hopefully be fixed during Fall semester. Overall, Linfield is a great campus and college to be at!

Michelle

It is a great college for students who want to be close with their professors and make new friends. The campus is beautiful and scenic. All the students are friendly and interactive. The class sizes aren't huge and most professors make an effort to try and be available.

Janet

It's a beautiful campus. But I feel that the school can do more for people so that they can be successful in their major or minor. There needs to be more resources for tutoring in at least most of the basic courses. Such as biology, chemistry, math, and writing. Also, how the school system is set up they say its a multicultural community so why do I feel like I do not belong.

Braelyn

Linfield is a beautiful school with great class sizes and engaging discussions about current events as well as material related topics. The students here are very friendly and the faculty and staff are very help and here to help student succeed. There is always off campus volunteer opportunities and outdoor hikes and other activities when the weather is nice

Madison

The on campus housing is a joke, most bathrooms have nothing to dry your hands with ( strange since it's one of the most "elite" nursing programs in Oregon) the rooms are outdated, overpriced, and tiny. The food is terrible, some of the worst I've ever had and has made me sick on multiple occasions (also completely overpriced) If you could somehow get off campus housing it would be ideal. However, the academics are quality and it seems like the professors actually care about your sucess. The administration on the other hand seems to only care about face and profit (spending ample amount of money on the outer appearance of the school and charging outrageous fees at ever turn) if you have the money, Linfield is a great place to learn and get a degree however it is not really a middle class to lower class friendly instituation.

Louise

It's a beautiful place! The campus is huge, and the grounds are well tended. Even more important, the professors really care about your education and want you to succeed. If you have any questions, they encourage you to come ask them for assistance. Overall, I have always felt accepted by all my peers and professors.

This is my first choice of colleges to attend. I have visited and done an overnight stay. I felt comfortable and excited about attending. During my first visit I was shown everything through out the campus and attended a football game. This was followed up with an overnight stay. I loved the atmosphere and felt welcomed. I could really see myself there for all four years.

Fiona

It's okay. I love the campus and the general atmosphere. Some of the administrators are really nice and helpful. Campus housing is pretty bad, and we are required to live on campus for 3 years. There is currently no off-campus housing associated with the college. The food can be good or bad. It's through Sodexo, which normally provides good meals. I think it's more the school telling them what to make and how to make it. I know that Sodexo food can be really good. Our meal plans are pretty expensive, so I am not sure why we aren't getting the best for the money we are giving. The college is within walking distance of Albertsons and 3rd street where there are plenty of places to eat and small little shops. Class sizes are usually pretty small, and most of the professors are available outside of office hours for questions. I've even had a professor give the class his home phone number and told us that we could call him at any time with questions.

Erika

It is a really small school, and because it is a really small school it becomes an extension of high school. Class sizes are around 30 people which is good, but its a lecture setting, so its the same as being in a class with 100s of people. If you are conservative, do not go here. I have seen a lot or racial and sexist outcasting here from staff and students. If you are a white male, this may be the school for you. Greek life is a joke. If you've seen Greek life on TV, this is nothing like it. Housing is really bad, I could hear conversations of my neighbors around me through the walls. Overall, I wish I never came here. Don't make the same mistakes that i've made. There are SO MANY more downsides to going here. The people who should consider going to Linfield, hope you're rich, white, and male!

Karen

Linfield College is a great school. My favorite thing about attending this school is that it is a very tight-knit community. You are not just another a face in the crowd, professors and students actually know who you are. People are always saying hello and want to be your friend. It is also very diverse and anyone is welcomed!

muskan

When visiting Linfield Campus, I fell in love instantly. It is such a great campus, not too small yet not to big. It is located in a small town which is nice and not too far from the beach and the cities. The dorms seem pretty ok and there are nice class sizes.

Josh

I really like the school. I had many college choices, but Linfield won out because Linfield offered me the most financial aid. It is also a small school so I can get to know my classmates and professors. McMinnville has a laid back vibe to it, and it is becoming a destination town because of its wine and beer making. Finally, Linfield also allows me to play the great game of football for a team that has had the most consecutive winning seasons in all of college history (the current streak is at 63). It is my hope that others discover this gem of education.

The campus is beautiful and the academics are amazing. The professors are helpful and brilliant. Friendly atmosphere and town. Social life leaves much to be desired, and there aren't many dining options. If you look there are clubs and activities, but the organization of that is difficult to navigate. Overall I love it there, but there are things that can be improved. They do listen to the students, and I believe these issues will start to be resolved.

Evan

Our son will be student athlete entering this Fall of 2019. We have had multiple visits now, and tours. We have heard from coaches, students and multiple faculty members. Every time we visit, we leave feeling better about this college than we did the time before. Also, in asking around of others who have attended, or know someone who has, the talk is always very positive, and we haven't yet really heard any negatives. The campus size, the class sizes, the academics and athletics, the study abroad program and more..... all are simply perfect to us.

Karina

Great school, great community; we are all a family of wildcats! Here at linfield there is so much to do whether it is on campus or out. We are only an hour away from the beautiful city of Portland and only an hour from the beach! How great is that.