Nashville, TN
Lipscomb University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lipscomb University

I don't agree with every campus ministry event hosted and that's my biggest "issue," but I have seen more than the Church of Christ perspective and I appreciate what this school has done for my faith. Lipscomb, however, is a wonderful school with the most generous and kindhearted staff & faculty I have ever met in my life. I moved down to TN without even visiting the school and it was the best decision I could have made. The campus is beautiful and I've never felt unsafe here. I love it.

Alex
Awesome

I love Lipscomb. The environment is amazing. The academics are great. It's a great school.

Awesome

Yobanni

If i could go back in time and talk to myself i would hit myself in the back of my head. I would do this because i want myself to wake up. my senior i just focused on getting good grades instead of looking for scholarships. I was in a this group called Latino Achievers that helped me get ready for college. of course i had to also help with this but i didn't. I applied to the colleges i wanted to attended. So the advice i would tell myself is to start looking for scholarship. to talk and open myself more to people which is necessarily in college. their is not to worry about going to college because it will help you in return. college will open doors that bring good things to you. last but not least i will also tell myself to stop being lazy and do what you have to do. Nobody is going to be checking on you if you are doing your work. you have to grow up and take responablity of your actions.

The best thing about my school is the people are really nice to you. the other best thing is the one on one conversations with the teacher because of small class sizes. you get the opportunity to get to know your professer.

I tell them it is a very good school and the campus is beautiful. i also tell them that the teachers are awesome and the food is good too. I have al lot fun when they do events like games, plays and dances. i talk to them a lot about this event called paint th herd. it was amazing because we danced all night and got covered in paint

Wesley

A wonderful Christian campus that has a friendly and laid back environment.

A wonderful Christian campus that has a friendly and laid back environment.

I would tell myself to definitely pursue more scholarship opportunities because college is expensive. Constantly stressing about money the first semester effects grades, and bad grades mean you fail. As to the transition, I would tell myself to be open to meeting new people. College can become lonely if you don't have any friends.

Someone that is not serious about pursing a higher education. Classes are serious and require a highly motivated individual to get the homework done and make a good grade on tests. If a person is not motivated, and comes to this school, they will fail.

Riya

I would not consider this to be very unique about this school since there are other just like this out there; however, if I were to choose, it would be that Lipscomb University is a Christian, specificly a Church of Christ school. This is because the values of Christians teaching and values are used to help people engage and understand each other. It makes my experience that much more enriching.

The key piece of advice I would give myself about college life is to stop being so worried about everything. The anxiety is not going to help the experience, but hinder it. Being nervous and a little scared about making the transition is a natural thing to experience ,but do not overdo it owing to the fact that everybody is going through the same thing. Speaking of everybody and people, do not be afraid of talking to them just because you do not know them. The best way of making new friends is to be open, friendly, kind, and respectful. These characteristics will let you get in further life than being a mean grouch and should not be restricted to friends, but everybody you meet in life. Another thing I would like to mention is to not spend your be your overwhelmed and agonized over your your homework and tests: it is what it is, so just do it. You will do well in some classes and badly in others. This just means that it will require more effort on your part. My last piece of friendly advice would be to have some "me time" and relax.

The worst thing about my school is that it is just like all the other schools out there. There is not anything particularly remarkable about the campus on the surface excepts that it is a Church of Christ school. The campus does not have enough park, which makes it very hard for a students to find parking and it is especially bad if you are in a rush. It is going to be even worse since the university is renovating and making new buildings.

Kortney

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would go back and tell my high school self to be focused and take every course extremely serious. I would make sure I know that my education will prepare me for the future because as advanced as society is becoming, I am expected to be knowledgeable in the working world. My success relies on my education, and throughout the years I must perform as a scholarly student and apply progressing devotion each semester to my academics. The most important factor is GPA because that determines financial aid. During my current college experiences everything has reflected back to financial aid, and for me to continue my education I must be able to afford it. It has been a struggle to be successful in college because I continuously worry about tuition payments. I currently work extremely hard not only at school, but at a job that contributes to my tuition. I do believe that if I did not have to devote as much time to work and worry that I would have a much better performance in college. Start the devotion in highschool and it'll reflect in college!

More information about finacial aid and how to save prior to attending a college institution.

The price of tuition is the most frustrating thing about Lipscomb. I have taken out several loans and I continue to struggle with financial stability and affording the school.

Ariel

Me 2013: Hey Ariel Me 2009: You look like me...Umm am I dreaming or something...? Me 2013: Yes I look like you and no you're not dreaming. That's besides the point. Listen, there are some things you need to know about college. Trust God in every situation, don't date anyone until you graduate, go to more sports games, don't take no for a real answer, come out of your shy shell, start praying now for parking- Me 2009: Wait a minute, how do you know all this stuff? Me 2013: *sighs* Kid, I've been there.

The best thing about the school is the amount of space there is for studying and the computers available

The most frustrating thing about Lipscomb University is there financial aid department. They say and advertise that they are there to help but sometimes it seems they are there to help drain your pockets... Also PARKING IS CRAZY!!!

Andrew

Basketball is HUGE at Lipscomb. People never party. People go to bed before 12am, always. There are no fraternities just "Social Clubs"

Very friendly people, however once you get to now them they aren't the "Holy Christian" they pretend to be. Of course there are some exceptions.

Academics overall are pretty good, most teachers seem to make their classes way harder than they should, but some are willing to help. Good academics, but Nashville offers much better for around the same price

Stuck-up, high-strung, very close-minded, judgemental. Some of these stereotypes hit the nail on the head so to speak. However, people at Lipscomb generally are very kind and, happy. Unfortunately they really do not have an open-mind about most political events, and if you do they look down upon you. It seems as though you have to put on a "Christian Lifestyle" to get extremely popular in this school.

You may think school is tough now and that college is going to be tougher, but you are better off doing it now then when you are alone raising 2 kids, working and going to school. Right now your life is easier and carefree, but also full of great opportunities that will help you grow into the wonderful woman that I know that you will be. Go to school, live life to the fullest, and regret nothing. Love, THE OLDER YOU

Denise

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have alot to say. I would tell myself to take each day at a time. Time is precious and it goes by within a blink of an eye. 4 years will go by very fast so have fun. Express yourself and your feelings. Dont be worried about what other people think. I would tell myself to stay focused on my grades and study. I wish my high school grades were better. I would tell myself that friends are not that important, my education is. The final thing I would tell myself is to believe in myself more. You will be surprised at how much you can achieve if you just have faith. I would love to go back in time and tell myself these things. It would make me a better and stronger person.

Lipscomb University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.