Nashville, TN
Lipscomb University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lipscomb University

Leslie

Dear Leslie 2011, Today you are frustrated and lonely walking the halls of your cold, dreary, soon-to-be alma mater. You think to yourself, how can you understand, my parents have me living there version of a happy life with their separate spouses and children. My lack of test taking skill will not take me to the college of my dreams. Plus, I don't have enough money to go anywhere far away. Again you try to tell me through the page, "My dreams of leaving this place and creating MY life in a plac far away, that sems like a fairytale in reality." Girl, think again. Cinderella once said something very wise, " A dream is a wish your heart makes." and your dreams will come true if you keep pressing onward toward your goals. I urged you to never give up the search for the "Dream School" because it's out there. Don't be afraid to dream, because if you look for your dreams in everyday life, soon they will become a reality. What I am trying to say is best stated in the movie "Tangled", "Go, live you dream." because soon it will become a reality.

At Lipscomb I have felt a amazing sense of community. Because of the small size, I have gained personal relationships with my professeurs. I have most of my Professeur's email and cell phone number. I believe my grades are a direct result of how personal my professeurs are. Also, the students who go to Lipscomb are peope who really want to be there. Causing the students to be friendly and influnecing.

The most frustratng thin is the fact that there isn't big sports teams. We have a Division 1 Basketball team and womens Volley Ball team, but we haven't won many games.

Kandice

I would first tell myself to keep working hard and doing my best and to not slack off with the given senioritis that comes along during this time. Even though working hard and doing well is important i'd want myself to know that it's ok to take a break and have some fun every now and then but not to overdo it. Here would be the best time for practice self-discipline and time management. As far as the college experience I would inform myself to start looking and applying for any and every scholarship and grant availabe as soon as possible. One of the last things I would say is to not stress too much over the idea of college because it's not as bad once you're here. You only think it will be from all the views shown in movies and tv shows for the most part. Maybe a few college slackers fit in that category as well. So work hard, do your best, manage time, don't stress and have a good time. Enjoy your current life and get ready for the future one.

Galina

My classmates were very diverse and full of different experiences ready to offer help to their peers.

Being a college student has taught me a lot. I definitely underestimated the toughness being a college student. If i could go back in time, I would give myself the advice of working harder and developing a habbit of working hard. It is very important that a student works hard in college.

I think the best thing about my school would be the fact that it is a religious school. I feel like Lipscomb has a lot to offer to its students and it is a school that disciplines its students. It offers growth and opportunity.

Whitney

The Christian background, proffessors and outstanding campus.

The Christian background, proffessors and outstanding campus.

I would give myself a pat on the back. I did everything I could do and more to insure a wonderful future. I graduated with a 4.0 GPA and most of all, the sense of accomplishment. I would tell myself to keep my chin up and to never give up. A great education is worth every sleepless night, every hard test and every annoying teacher.

The Christian atmosphere, attentative teachers, beautiful campus and the care they provide for the students.

Conard

Classmates are people seeking a lot of the same goals you are and are willing to help you get there.

Self, don't date anybody. You're not going to marry the person you're dating in high school so just be good friends with everybody. Your emotions are a little out of whack right now and they may get you in trouble when combined with a dating relationship. Since you're not dating you don't have to worry about this but it may be worth telling your friends--don't date someone back home if you're more than 3 hours away at college. I should add that there are exceptions to this, but you're not of those. Save money too. College is not cheap, which is why I'm applying for a scholarship as you read this. You're not going to need help in life. Know who to ask and when to ask. Finally, be yourself. No one is you better than you.

Katie

Lipscomb is known for its faith probably more than anything else. It also has very good nursing, engineering, pre-med, pre-pharmacy, conflict management, social work, and english programs.

Compared to the other schools that I considered as a high school senior, Lipscomb was a lot more serious about its Christian faith than any of the other schools I looked at. The other schools I looked at were all considered Christian schools, but Lipscomb was the only one that required students to take Bible classes, attend chapels, give back to the community through service, and act in a way that is in accordance with what the Bible teaches.

If I had the ability to give my high school self some advice, I'd tell her that her hard work in high school will pay off when she goes to college and is able to coast through most of her gen. eds. I'd tell her that college is so much better than high school in every way imaginable. I would also be sure she knew not to worry about her relationships with people from high school; she and those other people will all change a lot in college and some of those relationships will run their course while others will be strengthened, but its all a part of life and growing up.

Ben

Being the oldest Church of Christ school in the nation, hard workers, smart students, and the area (nashville)

I would tell myself that no matter what you think college is like, it will always be different. Also, don't make your decision on where your friends are going. Ultimately, you are going for your degree and not to extend high school. Also, have fun with it because the place you choose is going to be where you are living for the next few years. Pick a place and enviornment where you know that you are going to enjoy yourself and make a lot of friends because if you don't like the school, you aren't going to enjoy college.

The best thing would be probably the emphasis on religion

andrew

In the sense of big picture, I think the school outpaces any southern public school and many private schools. The school offers an excellent mix of curriculum and professors with real world experience (at least in the business program). Much of my professional career can be attributed to the amount of influence that the school has in the Nashville community, which offered me a stepping stone to Wall Street.

I think there is everything you would/could find at any other school. There is actually a high degree of religous tolerence given that the school has a large population of non-christians (relative to geography and that it is a Christian school).

I think that most students are wealthy is an accurate stereotype. It is a private school. It would be like going to a country club and expecting the members to be poor, there is a survivorship bias I suppose. I think that religion is a healthy aspect of the LU community. While many that went to Lipscomb previously had a much more invasive experience with regards to religion in a university setting; newer policies and practices have paved the way for a balance in religious outlets and collegiate freedom (much akin to Belmont, Pepperdine or TCU).

The school is difficult in certain programs. In the college of business, a typical week will be filled with both classes and studies. The classes in my major were small. This is an excellent advantage as many of my professors became mentors and the class dynamic encouraged discussion and debate.

I think the two primary stereotypes about the school is that the students are wealthy and that there is a forced aspect of religion in the community.

I learned a lot about responsibility during my two years at Ivy Tech and I'll learn even more at Indiana University Northwest. Both schools are so different and require students to be open to new experiences. Ivy Tech was very basic that let you guide yourself during your program, with help. Indiana University is very different. IU wants you to be on your own with very little help. It will require a lot of focus, determination, and time management. Both schools were opened and allowed you to wander and feel free but, with IU, I'm going to learn more. My education will be taken to a higher standard. I'm going to learn to better accommodate my business field and learn what life is really like to be in a tight structured environment that changes with very little notice. This is what I have been preparing myself with Ivy Tech and now the opportunity to try it before stepping out into the real world. I've been at the IU campus for a while and I know I will succeed. This will help me when I go into the business field because every day is a little different.

Melissa

My fellow Lipscomb students are from all over. The best part about Lipscomb students is how involved they are! The student activity is fun and frequent!

Undoubtedly, the first life lesson taken from my new college experience is how to manage money and debt. After great effort in search of scholarship my family still fell short of tuition therefor to stay at Lipscomb I applied for two loans. In order to avoid extreme debt after graduation I am already slowly paying off these loans and impliminting a budget. I know these habits will be rewarding in the future but I have my whole life to worry about money. The greatest lessons of college truely come from campus experience! From teachers to classmates, collge has taught me how to deal with different personalities! From wordy books to lengthy assingments, college has taught me how to manage time and deal with what I am assigned! From missions fairs to paint parties, college has taught me how to be a part of a community! College offers countless new experinces that in one semester have begun to form me into an adult in society.

The worst part about my school is the high cost, however they are extremely helpful in aiding students and the money makes for a fantastic campus.

Lipscomb University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.