Nashville, TN
Lipscomb University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lipscomb University

Brittney

Lipscomb University is a fantastic school that is dedicated to providing a fun community and listens to the students wants and needs also providing top help to students recieving a top education because they want students to succeed.

I have been priviledged to attend a school with great professors that truly want you to succeed. I have been able to experience fun student activities and been given many opportunities and free gifts from the university. I have been apart of a community that loves to have fun but is dedicated to serving the Lord. I have learned so many things about myself and had to build a stable group of friends that were uplifting to me. It is a lot harder in a diverse school to stick to your grounds and find that close group of friends but also love those around you and befriend those who are very different from you. Learning to manage time between school work, friends, and a healthy amount of sleep and excersice is crucial and a big learning component in college. Once these things become balenced it is easier to find that happy healthy lifestyle that helps you grow best.

You have to earn a certain amount of chapel credits each semester to be able to graduate and it costs so much to go there.

Paul

They want your money. If you do not have cash to hand over to them on a consistent basis then go somewhere else. Here's a little rundown of the extra costs they don't tell you about. Not fulfilling your chapel requirement = $1000.00 (I am sure giving an extra grand to Lipscomb makes God happy) Student loan processing fee = $200-$600 (Basically what ever they can keep without making a scene) Printing = $200-$400 per semester. (They have started using online books for several classes. Many schools have done this but the printers do not reproduce quality copies which forces students to reprint several times and Lipscomb makes money on reprints)

The majority of the student body consist of overly sheltered children. They may be 21 but they are operating on a 12 year old mental level. There are some real students here but they are far and few between.

Do not go to Lipscomb if you want a quality education. The only people that should enroll at Lipscomb are those that have the money to buy a degree and are not intelligent enough to earn one at a real school.

They are accurate for the most part. I have met a few that do not fit the mold but most of them have transferred. Those of us who stay usually do so because of the scholarship and its too late to transfer and graduate on time.

Most of the professors are good people. However, I have only met 2 that are good teachers. This is my fifth semester here so I have been around the block a time or two. Classes that should be objective are made to be subjective. This allows the faculty to make sure the children of families that donate money pass with flying colors while the rest of us finish out the bell curve of grade distribution. My proof is in the fact that 4 out of 5 papers I received a C on have now been published, without any changes, by professional journals. I have also submitted for publication papers from fellow students that received A's. Not one of the 23 papers has been published but interestingly these students all come from families with a history of donating to the school.

There is plenty to do as long as you like kool aid, cookies, and bad singing. It is a church school so I understand they want everything to reflect a church like atmosphere. But, the Christian school front is really just for marketing to parents and an excuse to have their hand in everyone's business. Social life at Lipscomb is a joke. Most of the students portray themselves as future preachers on campus. However, DUI's, aborted pregnancies, and excessive drug use are okay as long as you pay the Lipscomb fine and they are able to keep it out of the media.

Lipscomb students are stuck up brats that come from money and buy their degree instead of earn it.

Katie

My classmates are very diverse; there are a lot of people from Tennessee, but that doesn't mean they are all alike in the way they act and the things they like.

The experiences I have had in college have allowed me to gain a new perspective on others, myself, and life. The people that I have been blessed to call my friends are people that I never would have imagined being friends with who have truly broadened my way of thinking. I have gained a new level of self confidence. I used to have an idea in my mind that no matter what I did, I would never be good enough. Now I see just how much I am truly worth. Before college I had a certain image of this world, and I knew just what I wanted out of it. Now that I have been away at school for a little while, I have begun to dream dreams about what I could give to the world, rather than what I could take away from it. I have started to see everything in a new light. My college experienece has allowed me to answer the questions of who I am and who I want to become more than I could before. Additionally, my education is giving me a path that will help get me to that person I want to become.

Lipscomb is great for anyone who considers his or her faith to be very important and wants a school that would foster that faith while still providing a first class education with several different opportunities in various fields.

Jenna

Lipscomb University is a small, private, Christian college that promotes learning in surroundings that help you get the best education you can, no matter your major.

Lipscomb University is best known for its Church of Christ background and its pre-medical courses, which are taught the same way as most of the top medical schools in the country.

In my college experience, I have gained valuable knowledge for my major, and I have only been there for one year. Lipscomb has been amazing in helping me make friends and letting me get to know my teachers. It has been the perfect college for me to attend, because it is small enough of a school that it is not overwhelming. This also makes the class sizes smaller, which makes it easier to talk to my professors and let me get the help I need to do my best.

taylor

Lipscomb is a very tight knit community where everyone knows everyone. The key to loving Lipscomb is getting involved. Once you get involved and get to know the ends and outs, you will have a blast. The teachers and staff care so much about the students and will do anything to help you. Lipscomb is a great place to learn and grow and has a place for everyone if you get involved.

Most of the students are religious and are very caring. Mission trips are big. A lot of the students have money, but are usually very down to earth. Everyone knows everyone and there are all types of people from preps to hipsters. A lot of the students are very environmentally conscious

To an extent. The majority of the students are religious and have Christian morals, but once you get to know the underground Lipscomb scene, you realize the people are much more laid back than realized.

The professors are great and very understanding. They will do anything to help you, even having study sessions at their houses. Classes are small and involve a lot of participation. You are required to take 6 Bible classes and most students dread them as Freshmen, but they are actually interesting no matter your faith.

Lipscomb doesn't have sororities or fraternities per se, but social clubs which are basically the same thing except not nationally affiliated. Many people diss them and say they are just knock off greek, but being in a social club has been great and you get to know so many people. Not many social events happen on campus, but there is always something to do.

Everyone thinks the people at Lipscomb are very uptight and religious and have no fun. Since it is a private school, people think that everyone comes from rich families.

Keitorria

Lipscomb University is a school of many opportunities and experiences.

Lipscomb University is a school of many opportunities and experiences.

The transition from high school to college has been a difficult one for me because I lack the financial aid that I need to attend school. If given the chance to go back in time and talk to my self, I would say the following: "Keitorria, I know you feel overwhelmed and indecisive about your college choices, but go with your heart. Make sure you search night and day for scholarships and financial aid opportunities. Exhaust all sources! The hardest part for you will not be keeping your grades up or staying focused, but it will be finances. Do not give up!"

The best thing about Lipscomb for me is that it is helping me to understand and strengthen my faith. I am a Christian and I want to continue to be a better one; through knowledge, devotional, and practice I will achieve that goal.

Saly

I don't really know much of what my school is known for since a first time freshman, but I do know that it is known for its worship service. And when its game day the place is amazing.

If i could go back to my high school senior year, the advice that i would tell myself is that i needed to apply to more colleges unstead of three so then i would of had more options in what school to pick. i would have applyed for more scholarships and grants. and i would have apple for them in the beginning of my senoir year, so i wouldn't have to rush it during the end toward graduation. I would have work harder in my academic because even one point can make a differs in my GPA. I would have visited my top choice school to see what's liked and asked more questions about the college I wanted to go too and how things work there. i would have asked more question about my major for the college i wanted to attend. i would have token the SAT not just the ACT, but both. And i would have token it many times to try to raise my score. And most of all i would have studied more.

The kind of person that shouldn?t attend this school is a person who isn't Christian and is serious about their religion because it?s a Christian school. A person who wants to party a lot and who wants to do crazy things. It?s a pretty quiet school and so if you?re the type who loves to be loud and have everyone around you loud than it isn?t the school for you.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself not to be afraid to open up to other people at the school and to be more outgoing when I first started school. Knowing that would have let me make more friends faster instead of staying in my dorm pretty much all of my first semester as a freshman. My life would not neccesarily be better if that would have happened, but it would have made the beginning of my college experience a lot more fun. I hope more high school seniors and college freshmen realize this or are told this.

Aaron

If I could go back to being a high school senior I would not change anything. My high school experience was very challenging and well prepared me for college. "Do exactly what you did all over again."

The small class size and inovlvement of the professors with the students. I graduated from a homeschool environment and the transition for me has been fantastic.

The person who attends Lipscomb University should be serious about their continuing education. They must value their moral standing and have a positive outlook on life.

Janet

My school is a diverse school, friendly and full of scholars.

My school is a diverse school, friendly and full of scholars.

Please take all the math that is available. Read more books of interest, and visit many museums, art galleries, parks with rich history, view the galaxy, and never think about dropping out of school. Stay in touch with yourself, respect yourself and you can respect others.

Lipscomb University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.