Nashville, TN
Lipscomb University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lipscomb University

Alicia

A service-heavy, academically focused, small school.

A service-heavy, academically focused, small school.

There are many pieces of advice I could offer to prospective students; some I have taken myself, and some I have had to find out the hard way. The most important advice would be to make a long-term plan for financial reasons. Will you work immediately after graduating from undergrad, or is graduate school in the future? Plan finances accordingly and make sure you can afford your school(s) of choice. There is nothing more frustrating than realizing that you can no longer afford the school you attend and you still have to pay for graduate school. Get the paperwork for financial aid, such as the FASFA and loans, done as soon as possible. It saves a lot of panic when you near the school year. Finally, the most important piece of advice comes from my uncle--stay focused. You've spent all this time, effort, and money in attending this college, and you don't want to waste the education you've worked so hard to get. Social time is a necessary--and fun--part of college life, but it shouldn't interfere with academics. Above all, whatever advice you take, make the most of your college life.

As a music major, the music program is why I chose this school; the faculty are extremly knowledgable and helpful, and are willing to help whenever you need it.

Ben

I wish i had know how bad the food sevice conducts the meal plans. I also wish I had know that they were going to raise tuiti...

I wish i had know how bad the food sevice conducts the meal plans. I also wish I had know that they were going to raise tuition.

As everyone knows, picking the right college is an important decision. Often it is one that is accompanied by much stress and anxiety. To avoid a lot of stress and to make sure that you choose the right college, you want to have a good 'game plan'. First, look for colleges that support your interests. You want a school that offers the education for your desired field. Second, search for a school in your price range. This is a major factor in choosing your school. Third, look for schools that fit your lifestyle. You want to think about the size of the school and its location. Often people have specific requirements for this category that narrow the field greatly. Lastly, when down to a couple schools, visit each one and make sure that you can see yourself at that institution. This will eliminate any last-minute regrets and will insure that the school you chose is the right school for you.

Someone who like to party and drink a lot should not attend this school.

Alex

The school is too small. Small school equals closed minds. The school is in a good location- only 10 minutes away from ANYTHING you need.

The school academics are simple enough. They way to truly make it through Lipscomb is to never allow any faculty to know that you graduated from public school. You may also want to have a checkbook ready.

The student body is mostly white. Any minorities are on sports teams;the others are to help fill the minority quota mandated by the government, in which Lipscomb is constantly behind.

Social clubs are major on campus, but if you are not white, rich, or completely stuck up, you will be alone.

They are rich, snooty, brats who are in search for a degree with a "name." The degree opens doors and will give you connections through the prestige throughout the Churches of Christ. You will have a job when you graduate and make double compared to the person who graduated from public schools and had a higher GPA than you. For guys, that mate is a pretty girl who will be a trophy wife in all aspects. She will go against the "Christian" morals of the school to satisfy him, but will read the bible in front of his parents. She will have his children and be his wife, while he is allowed to cheat; it is this way because he makes the money. For girls, that means a husband who will leave you money as long as you make sure that dinner is cooked, the children are out of his face, and you are his personal concubine. You will have all the botox you will need and all the alcohol you want.

This school is a waste of money for anyone who does not want to live in a bubble. The tuition is high and there is no way to leave loan free if your parents are surgeons or big-time lawyers

NiCole

Unique close community of Christian brothers and sisters working together to accomplish their goals for their life.

Each student within the University is unique. They care greatly about others who are less fortunate. The campus outreaches to the community and goes on many mission trips. We are a community that cares about each every person.

Do not be scared to look at schools you think you will ever attent. When you find a school that feels right to both the student and the parent do not let anything keep you from going. Even if it is a school you never though you would possibly go to.

Darby

Small, you see people you know everyday at school.

Small, you see people you know everyday at school.

Do not do what everyone in your high school is doing, make the decision on what you are looking for in a school. Go visit the school to see what its really like.

Some one who wants to go to a big school.

Chris

Being Christian. Crappy thing to be known for, really.

Being Christian. Crappy thing to be known for, really.

Make sure you hear the bad about the school, and the good. Don't only listen to a schools admissions counsolers, listen also to people who are strong critics, and those who are apathetic too.

The social atmosphere. It forces people to make friends.

Leah

I would tell parents and students to find a school that is right for them. Look at smaller schools for the smaller classes and more individualized attention they can provide. Large schools are fine if you are very self-motivated and aggressive about your schoolwork. I have many friends that have done well in large schools but many that have been overwhelmed and transferred or dropped out completely. I would have gone to a large school but I received the opportunity to play soccer at a small school so that convinced me to go to a small school. I have done well academically and been very happy. Sometimes I look at larger schools with their big football games and all the glitz and wonder what it would be like to go there. I want to go to dental school so I need the best grades I can get and the small school has helped in that regard. I can talk to my professors and get assistance if I need it. The soccer has been so much fun too.

The food service and the cost to attend. It is a great school and I love being here but the cost is so high that it is difficult to attend financially. I have scholarships but it still costs a great deal to attend. I love it though.

Sometimes the conservative nature of the school can be a pain. The school is Church of Christ affliated and has many rules which I feel make the school easier to do well in but sometimes you get tired of the conservative rules. We are required to go to chapel twice a week and do service projects to fulfill other chapel credits. I know this is good for me but sometimes it can get old.

Laren

Go visit the schoool you are considering and do not be afraid to ask questions.

Go visit the schoool you are considering and do not be afraid to ask questions.

A Person who is looking for a good time party school should not look at Lipscomb University. Someone who is not willing to go the extra mile for their community should also not attend. If someone is looking for a place to go where they can sleep late, not attend classes, and survive off of others notes, they should not look at Lipscomb because attendance matters, and you will not be able to survive without participating in class.

The most frustrating thing about Lipscomb University is there are so many ways to serve the community it is impossible to do them all in the time you are there. I do not make decisions quickly and it always took me a long time to decide which service group I was going to go with each week. Sometimes by the time I decided that group was full and I had to choose again.

Katie

Most of the classmates in my smaller classes are caring, and hard-working. In some of my larger classes, I'm not sure. But mostly all of the students are friendly and approachable.

My school is a liberal christian college in the conservative South. It's fun here, but also limited. I am not from the South by any means, so I don't completely fit in; I am here for my education rather than the fun.

Have someone who actually attends/has attended the school you are looking at, tell you what the school is really like rather than just getting your opinion from the school's recruiters--it's their job to make the school sound great, so they're obviously not going to tell you everything. I would ask for a student/alumni to give me their experiences, to tell me the real deal--because I could or could not make one of the worst decisions of my life if I found out the hard way that I ended up not liking that school.

Lipscomb University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.