Lipscomb University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lipscomb University

Haven

Lipscomb is a great Christian university with many great opportunities academically and a great staff. The campus is very well kept and the facilities are clean. There is increasing diversity and much student involvement and participation. Lipscomb is a college that equips it’s students for the future.

Morgan

Lipscomb is the perfect school for me. Class sizes are wonderful and professors make an effort to get to know you. Professors also keep regular office hours which makes it easy to get help when needed. Extracurricular activities are a great way to get involved. Greek Life, intramural teams, basketball games, student government, and the student activities board are great ways to get involved on campus and meet people.

MaKayleigh

I love Lipscomb and the people here! It is extremely hard academically, but definitely doable. There are lots of clubs, activities, etc to get involved in. The school is very expensive but that is a large reason why the facilities are great. Overall, I am glad I attend Lipscomb.

Aijalon

I am so in love with Lipscomb, but it's not necessarily because of the facilities. Lipscomb is all about the people. The professors, the faculty, the students, all of them are the greatest people you will ever meet and they make going to school the most intellectually simulating experience that you could ask for at college age. Lipscomb helps you make life-long friendships and molds you as you transform into the person that you are going to become. Lipscomb allows you to explore the higher meaning of life and encourages students to discover their own purpose in life, not just pushing you through classes so you get a degree. The Lipscomb campus is a fantastic place for your life to happen. If you're looking for a place to find your place in the world, I would definitely recommend Lipscomb. I could never see myself going anywhere else.

Alexis

The only reason it is a four is because it is so pricey. Overall it is an AMAZING school with SO much quality and GREAT professors. Really a wonderful place, and a gorgeous campus.

Samood

I believe that lipscomb is an amazing university with many opportunities! The community feel is wonderful and you can talk to anyone. The campus is beautiful and the class sizes are very small and one on one. I have loved attending here so far and wish to continue attending for a while.

Lipscomb is in a great place and community in Nashville. Lipscomb offers a lot of opportunities for students to be involved globally and has many great career opportunities. The development of the students professionally is a priority of the faculty and staff. The College of Business is one of the top 100 in the nation and offers excellence education. I don't agree with all of the rules at Lipscomb, bur overall am happy with my choice to attend here.

I don't agree with every campus ministry event hosted and that's my biggest "issue," but I have seen more than the Church of Christ perspective and I appreciate what this school has done for my faith. Lipscomb, however, is a wonderful school with the most generous and kindhearted staff & faculty I have ever met in my life. I moved down to TN without even visiting the school and it was the best decision I could have made. The campus is beautiful and I've never felt unsafe here. I love it.

Lipscomb is a waste of money if you want to move away from Nashville, or want to receive a well-rounded education. I am a senior now, and it seems that within the last year especially professors have been told to really push the Church of Christ religion on the students. While I went into this school knowing it was Christian, I had no clue just how small-minded and condescending the decision-makers of this school are. I am tired of the religious badgering here, but it's too late to transfer for me. My faith has changed. Thanks to this school, I am now completely opposed to organized religion.

Adrianna

The class size is relatively small which is beneficial because that means the professors are more willing to help out individual students. The student life is pretty booming except for the weekends because everyone goes home since we don't have football. Because we're so close to Nashville, though, there is plenty to occupy yourself with.

Alex

I love Lipscomb. The environment is amazing. The academics are great. It's a great school.

Carly

My experience at Lipscomb University has been a great one so far. I am currently a freshman at this college, about to head on Christmas break. Professors are mostly inviting, and are willing to help if you ask for some. I love the Christian-centered learning, and I really feel at home attending college here. It's also in a great area of Nashville, with a strip of nice little stores including a coffee shop down the street. I am a music major and I love that I am constantly surrounded by students making music and loving it!

Audrey

I have had an amazing experience from being at Lipscomb University. Not only have I have met so many wonderful, genuine people from all different walks of life, but also am able to be fulfilled in earning my degree in animation. My Animation teachers are Disney veterans and are still in the art business; this gives me a great outlook on the industry and work that goes into doing animation for a living.

Patrick

I personally love Lipscomb due to it's culture, community, and the overall environment of campus! The university is full of great academics, engaging activities, a huge arts culture, and incredible professors and faculty. Everyone feels like a family here and I couldn't feel more at home if I tried.

Jennie

I've just finished my first semester at Lipscomb, and I really love it. I'm from Michigan, so I've had to adapt a lot, but I've met some of the nicest people at Lipscomb. The professors are great, and I've already been to one's house for dinner twice. There is such a great sense of community too. That's the main reason I was drawn to Lipscomb. Everybody encourages each other and is so friendly. Strangers you pass even smile, and if you ever have a question anyone is willing to answer it. There are also many ways to get involved on campus with different social clubs, athletics, and intramural. We don't have sororities or fraternities, but our social clubs are pretty much the same thing, and they participate in different things on campus such as Stompfest, Singarama, Relay for Life, Trunk or Treat, and more. Lipscomb also has a beautiful campus and is located in the Green Hills neighborhood which is a quiet, richer neighborhood, so I always feel safe. Since we're in Nashville too, there is always some sort of concert going on. Every Thursday night there is a Coffee House at the on campus Starbucks where people sign up to sing, and anyone can get free coffee and tea for an hour. We also have well known singers and bands come to campus such as Ellie Holcomb, Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors, Gungor, and Amy Grant, who hosted are Christmas party. The academics are also top notch. I am part of the biology program at Lipscomb which is one of the best in the country. Also, earlier this year, Lipscomb was reclassified as a Carnegie Foundation doctoral university, which placed it among only seven percent of schools in the nation. Therefore, Lipscomb is a great place to be, and I'm excited to learn more, build more relationships with students and professors, and spend the next three years at Lipscomb.

Alyssa

Great private university with too much insistence on weekly chapel credits.

Alexis

They are leading in many areas. They have been recognized for their school or business, their school of music, school of engineering, school of nursing, school of physician assistant. In addition to the schools academics, they provide opportunities to attend school in their "sister" schools in Europe. Another aspect of encouraging students to give back and gain insight into a different socio economic or culture, mission trips. Another impressive aspect to Lipscomb is they provide tutoring for all freshman and actual have you set up times to meet with professors to ensure you are set up to succeed. They do have a religious aspect, but it seems to be one of basic review of Christ's life. As a side to all this... they have an all you can eat cafeteria that was AMAZING! Great school for the arts, engineering, business, healthcare or even the biblical theologian.

Regine

Lipscomb is a wonderful university. It is a private, Christian school with very strict rules, and conservative views which can be both a positive and a negative.

Joshua

I love the university, especially the professors, and I have made so many friends! People are generally super friendly here. I've made great memories both on and off campus. All this on top of a pretty great education makes for a wonderful college experience for mostly any student.

Gina

Lipscomb University is a great university. It is a private, Christian University located in Nashville, Tennessee. Admission is somewhat competitive students must at least have an ACT score of 21 or higher. I am currently almost done with my freshman year. I have had an amazing first year here at Lipscomb and it has provided me with many useful resources. I love how classes are not really big so there is more time for you to get the help you need from your professors.

Ahmedina

Lipscomb is a great institution. There are great opportunities you would not find elsewhere. Academically, Lipscomb is great. The professors really try to get to know you and you aren't just another face in the classroom. Also- everyone is assigned an advisor in your specific department so you do not lose track. The only cons are-- it is not as diverse as I would like, it is kind of clicky and can be hard to make friends if you don't make a constant effort to do so. They do a good job of trying to implement conversations that matter in today's society.

Parker

lipscomb has been a surprising great school! It’s small but the community where it is located is very close to anything you could possibly want to do. It’s near Nashville the It city! It is true that I know all my professors and they are available when I need them. I am getting a great education.

Shabana

Lipscomb is a great university, but, as every college, it does have flaws. The professors, community, and the overall university is incredibly satisfying, but there are still bigger issues that should be dealt with. Luckily, they are addressing these issues, but it is still worth mentioning them. For example, the buildings. Most buildings are in great condition, however if you decide to major in science you'll be in the McFarland building a lot. This building is extremely outdated and should be rebuilt soon. Fortunately, Lipscomb is slowly starting to rebuild McFarland floor by floor! Another issue I have is the parking. Although Lipscomb is a fairly small school, finding parking can be quite hard and I often have to resort to the abandoned parking lot we refer to as Stokes. Stokes is quite frankly in terrible condition and is littered with numerous potholes that are unavoidable. It's also scary as a woman to walk in the dark to Stokes since it has such poor lighting and gives off an eerie vibe. However, fortunately, Lipscomb is also working on building a brand new parking lot that should be open this fall! Overall, it's safe to say that Lipscomb is an incredible school that acknowledges that it has its own faults and continues to work hard on upgrading itself to meet and go beyond the expectations of students!

Michelle

Lipscomb is a dynamic university in the heart of Music City! Lipscomb offers programs that will lead to better career opportunities for today and the future. Campus is small, safe and diverse. It has a great reputation and academic standing on a national level.

Druscilla

Being at Lipscomb has brought me closer to God and has helped me learn more about serving others and not just thinking about how people can serve me. The professors are great! I have one teacher who cooks us dinner and we have study sessions at his house with his family before tests. There is always someone available. I do not feel bad for asking questions in class if I do not understand. Such a loving and open environment across campus.

Regiknee

I’m currently a new transfer student at Lipscomb University. I’m a junior undergraduate and my major is nursing. I live off campus because I already live close to the campus, so my commute is about 20 minutes depending on traffic. Everyone who works their from the teachers, staff in offices, organizations, and services are all very nice people. They are very respectful and professional. The academics their are pretty organized regarding any major. They are a Christian private university and I love that, because I’m also Christian. This school of mine definitely has a great reputation.

Rebekah

Nestled in Nashville's Green Hills neighborhood, Lipscomb provides students a safe haven for studies and social activity. It is close enough to the popular 12th South strip but far enough away from downtown away from an urban setting. With the combination of quality education and caring faculty, Lipscomb is the place to be if you want a higher education experience with soul.

Kyle

When I began at Lipscomb in 2005, it was a small school with a small-school atmosphere. I really liked it. By the time I left, a new president had taken over and began his program of enlarging the school and "putting it on the map", so to speak. The Lipscomb sports teams became a major focal point, and the Christian atmosphere of Lipscomb started to feel very superficial. I believe it is the intent of the president to eventually make Lipscomb a secular university, or at least a very watered-down, apostate form of Christianity (if he hasn't already). Now, the History Program at Lipscomb was absolutely amazing; I had great professors and great classes. For this reason alone, I don't fully blast Lipscomb. However, the changes I saw in the overall environment/atmosphere of Lipscomb were very concerning, to say the least. If you care about sports and the business department, then Lipscomb is the place for you (because they get the most attention/money). But if you want a deep, Biblical, Christian experience, I would go elsewhere.

Madison

I love how small the school is. Even if a professor isnt yours then you can still reach out to them to help with something. The professors are always willing to help. I really enjoy the converations with the professors they are great at provoking thoughts and they even will just sit and argue about things that dont petain to the class.

Emma

Lipscomb is like a growing houseplant. It is beautiful and adds so much charm to your resume and your life. It watches as you grow up and is a reminder of what brings you joy. It is not without its faults however. Like a houseplant you must trim the dead parts. The parts that hold back from growth. The professors are the water but the board contributes to the dead leaves. Clinging on for the sake of tradition. In the end, Lipscomb as an institution has its flaws. Lipscomb as a family is priceless. I wouldn't trade the people I have met there for the world.

Kaitlyn

Lipscomb University has such a beautiful campus and is in such a great area. When I went on my visit I had nothing but great things to say to my family and I even recommended the school to my friends and peers. I will be attending in the fall to play sports and I couldn't be more happy to be spending the next 4 years in my new home!

Alex

The University has an incredibly balanced campus life, there are many activities every day, but also the right amount of time to study and rest. All the instructors are extremely friendly and available at any time no matter if the problem is about school or life in general. I believe this college has already brought me far in my everyday material and spiritual life, the community really demonstrated to me that there can be good in people and that college can be extremely fun without having to do destructive​ things.

Natalyn

Lipscomb is an amazing place to be with amazing people who care about each other’s well being. They want each student to grow closer to God and each other. The campus is smaller so it’s like the perfect community where you pass each other and say hello. They are truly incredible and there is no place I’d rather be.