Brookville, NY
LIU Post

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend LIU Post

keyonna

LIU is a great place to build connections and expand your academic horizons. LIU can find better ways fro accommodate the students that stay on campus by having longer cafe hours and by providing more on campus activities. Overall it is a known fact that the faculty members of LIU post care about the attending students and their educational concerns.

kevin

LIU Post is an amazing school that offers great opportunities. The campus isn't too big or too small so everyone on campus has to know each other. The more involved you are the more fun you have. The class sizes are perfect which allow students to learn more effectively and be more successful in there majors.

Calvin E.

LIU is the bomb. I heard so many stories about college life being a drag. I love this place, the professors, the students. It really is the place to find out who you really are!!!!!

The adivise I would give myself would be to major in what I love to do, not what everyone thinks I should major in. Also to choose the colleges I would like to attend not the ones my counelor or cousin thinks would be a good fit for me. I would tell myself to take control of all the choices, and to also visit a few of the colleges and do overnight stays to see if I really like that college, and maybe try to attend a class or two at said college. I would also tell myself that joining every club and spreading myself thin like I did in high school isn't the best thing to do in college, and that I can't make everyone happy, so people are going to have to deal with some dissapointment once in a while. I would also say have fun and stop trying to make everything so perfect. Soemtimes its okay if theres a little curve ball in life, it makes life a little internesting so you can't become dull and boring.

As of right now, I do wish I knew more about the classes and what transfer classes can be used in my plan of study and which classes I still need to take so I may manage my scheduale on my own and not have someone looking over my shoulder as if I am in high school. It feels overbearing that way. I also wish I knew more about each club and organization and what they each have to offer since a lot of the clubs I did not have at my old college.

I can't honestly answer this question. This January will be my first semester at Long Island University- C.W. Post Campus. I am a transfer student from Hartwick College. I do however have a few friends who go to LIU- Post, and basing this answer off of them I would say that the kind of people who shouldn't attend LIU would be people who shy away form hardwork and do not plan on getting ahead in life. People also shouldn't go to LIU if they don't like to help others.

I do not start at LIU Post until this Sprign semester (2015), but I know a lot of people who go there from high school and I know they are great classmates who always love to help others and are not afraid to ask for help. They are always trying to better themselves and work very hard. They are also very kind and funny.

The advice I would give myself is follow your heart. Don't apply to certain colleges and declare certain majors just becasue someone tells you that the major you originally want to pursue is too overpoopulated. If I could go back in time, I would not ahve originally went to Hartwick and spent the past 3 years there being a Biochemistry/Chemistry/Business triple major. Instead, I would have went straight to LIU Post or even another college with a top ranked education program and started on my bachelors degree in Adolescence education with a concentration in chemistry and biology right out of high school instead of now. I would also make sure to tell myself to join all the clubs and organizations that interest me and try my hand in everything, because i'll never know what I really like or don't like unless I try it out for myself firsthand.

I am actaully just transfering to LIU Post after spending 3 years at Hartwick College. From what I have experienced so far, I love the campus and the people who work there are great and really know what they are doing and talking about. The coaches are also excellent. When people ask me why I chose to transfer to Post, I tel them I transfered there because of their excellent education program and excellent athletics program, especially in swimming and lacrosse.

A unique quality regarding my school had to be the global college initiative. This global college initiative drew me to C.W. Post, because unlike other universities, it allowed students to travel to different countries/universities associated with our university in order to acquire credit. Many people would say this sounds like a "study abroad" program, yet, I would argue, it is not. I argue this, because unlike other universities where a study abroad is maybe 1 or 2 academic semesters, this program allowed you to travel to different countries throughout your four years of undergraduate eductation.

1) I would have chosen a cheaper undergraduate university. I would have advised myself to look at college rankings more seriously and figure out whether the "juice was worth the squeeze" and in case whether the ranking was worth the money. 2) I would have advised myself to start the summer after HS in order to graduate even earlier. 3)I would have advised myself to start MCAT practice studying when I was a freshman. 4) I would have advised myself to work less in order to concentrate more on my academics.

I wish I would have known about the university's ambitions. I feel that, because they lowered their standards for admissions, the university's rankings also fell on US news and world report. This would have been fine, if and only if, they did not charge tuition rates of $30000/year not including room and board. The rankings did not justify the price tag and if I would have known they had no intentions of becoming more competitive, I would never have enrolled.

Colton

If I were able to back in time to my senior year of high school I would advise myself about what things to look for in a college. Such things consist of faculty to student ratio, financial aid assistance through the university, and the success rate of students who land careers upon graduation. The faculty to student ratio is important because personally a smaller class size allows for me to learn better and more comfortably. I feel that I have greater access to ask questions and receive any help I may need. Financial aid is huge, which goes without saying! Unless a student has parents who can afford college degrees out-of-pocket, then financial aid is greatly valued. Finally, I would want to know about the success rate of a university's name in finding a career after college. Landing a career sooner rather than later is crucial because (1) the graduate must pay off loans, and (2) it sets him/her up for the rest of his/her life.

Dear Self, I know you are really excited about this year, and it will be a lot of fun. Just do me a favor and don't stop focusing on your grades. They do matter and they will make a difference in the years to come. Try to get a really good grade on your ACT. You will need it for your financail aid later on. Another thing is don't waste this time that you have with your friends. You will not see them very much after this year. Encourage them and build them up while you can. Be a witness to your friends that do not know Christ. You probably are not going to get another chance. Be bold, couragous, and have fun.

Blair

My classmates are very focused and do contribute to the learning process of being in the classroom in some ways. But I personally would not look for my classmates to make friends. People in the classroom are too themselves most of the time, but are those you would turn to for notes and such, but aren't the first people you would turn to.

I would tell myself to research all college options and to research the colleges you are applying to very thoroughly. I would tell myself that the freshman schedule is almost universal no matter where you go, so its okay to go to a two-year school then transfer to a better school later, but this depends on your major. I would tell myself that the cost of college rises every year and to apply to as many scholarships as you can, no matter what kind of work is required, so that the burden can be taken off your parents. I would also tell myself to study for the SAT as much as possible, because it is alot more harder than what most high school seniors believe it to be.

I say the best thing about my school is the varitey of different majors and minors you can select. I feel as though the school's more specialized in the arts. There are also small class sizes and the availiblity for professors is also fair in my opinion.

The college has a bucolic scenic campus, which is reminiscent of Connecticut- where I grew up. However, it's just a short trip to NYC, which has a wealth of artistic, dining, and entertainment options. It's the only college on Long Island that has a stable on campus, and as an Equestrian, that was extremely important to me. I was able to continue horseback riding as a club sport here while taking classes. C.W. Post used to be a collection of mansions owned by Charles William Post, so it has unique artitecture as well.

"Take a lot of diverse courses. In this way, you'll find your aptitude for a variety of fields. Also, get a head start on shadowing and volunteering prospective professions. As a senior it can be hard to decide what direction to pursue. You'll became aware of this only after you've experienced your internships. Also, college is expensive, so start researching scholarships and grants early and thoroughly. Meeting with financial aid representitives may help. Ultimately, the only one who can take the initiative is you. Don't let the deadlines go by. When deciding on a college, make sure that you make a list of questions to ask when visiting. Don't only ask administrators. Approach students on their own and get their opinions. Get to know a professor and interview them about not just the college they work at, but their field. Visit the campus and give yourself a tour- ask for directions, familiarize yourself with the housing opportunities, and sit in on a class to see if it is an environment that suits you. Ask yourself what you can do with your major. Research employment availability long before graduation, and apply yourself to your education."

If you're into the party life, I wouldn't reccomend this school. The campus is quiet on the weekends, which I personally found relaxing, but if you want more emphasis placed on greek life, this isn't the right match. Additionally, students that are struggling financially might find it more to their benefit to attend a non-private college in one of those most expensive areas to live in Long Island. Students who expect to party and slide by in class won't prosper, but if you're studious, you'll thrive.

LIU Post administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.