Brookville, NY
LIU Post

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend LIU Post

The college has a bucolic scenic campus, which is reminiscent of Connecticut- where I grew up. However, it's just a short trip to NYC, which has a wealth of artistic, dining, and entertainment options. It's the only college on Long Island that has a stable on campus, and as an Equestrian, that was extremely important to me. I was able to continue horseback riding as a club sport here while taking classes. C.W. Post used to be a collection of mansions owned by Charles William Post, so it has unique artitecture as well.

"Take a lot of diverse courses. In this way, you'll find your aptitude for a variety of fields. Also, get a head start on shadowing and volunteering prospective professions. As a senior it can be hard to decide what direction to pursue. You'll became aware of this only after you've experienced your internships. Also, college is expensive, so start researching scholarships and grants early and thoroughly. Meeting with financial aid representitives may help. Ultimately, the only one who can take the initiative is you. Don't let the deadlines go by. When deciding on a college, make sure that you make a list of questions to ask when visiting. Don't only ask administrators. Approach students on their own and get their opinions. Get to know a professor and interview them about not just the college they work at, but their field. Visit the campus and give yourself a tour- ask for directions, familiarize yourself with the housing opportunities, and sit in on a class to see if it is an environment that suits you. Ask yourself what you can do with your major. Research employment availability long before graduation, and apply yourself to your education."

If you're into the party life, I wouldn't reccomend this school. The campus is quiet on the weekends, which I personally found relaxing, but if you want more emphasis placed on greek life, this isn't the right match. Additionally, students that are struggling financially might find it more to their benefit to attend a non-private college in one of those most expensive areas to live in Long Island. Students who expect to party and slide by in class won't prosper, but if you're studious, you'll thrive.

Maxianne

The advice I would give to my high school self would be to take it more seriously. In other words try hard in school to get good grades and not just slack off, because in the end it would make all the difference. In addition, I would also tell myself to spend more time with my family because living at college you hardly see them. Finally, I would tell myself to get into a good habit of working hard and putting 100% commitment into my work. The reason for this being is that in college you have to work hard because the grades you get in college go along way with you and its important to learn good work ethics.

Anyone who is looking to meet people from all over the world. it is very international.

bridget

Well i would probably knock some sense into myself as a senior. Knowing that college is an expensive experience , i would save up a lot of money. I would probably work harder and apply for more scholarships, because I unfortuantly didnt get that many. I would tell my high school self to take more college credited classes this way i would be ahead and have more credits on my belt. I would try and prepare myself better for the courses and how challenging they can be. In highschool you have the same friends for the most part. In college its a whole other world. I wouldve tried and prepared myself better on making new friends and not trying to stick with just the people i know. College is a whole new experience and i wouldve defintely told my high school self to not worry as much, its a good experience and great things will come from it.

I absolutely love it here, there was no other place id rather be then here. But unfortunatly the worst part about this school is the cost. When i first decided to come here, the cost made me so worried. I do not come from a family of money, so it was very difficult for my parents and i to find loans and scholarships to make my dreams of coming here true. I wouldnt change anything about this school except for the cost.

Well this is difficult because who am i to say whether or not someone should attend this school. I would have to say that a person who is not willing to put 100 percent into the school doesnt deserve to be here. Someone who isnt willing to try the clubs or organizations, who wont go to class, no activities shouldnt attend Long Island University C.W. Post Campus . A person that just wants to party all the time shouldnt be going to this school.

Edward

All of my classmates are diversed, each coming from a different background whether it be ethnic or cultural.

Knowing what I do about college, I would tell myself to keep up the hard work that I've put in high school as that effort is needed in college. In addition, time management would be a critical point I would have told myself since everything in college revolves around how well you manage your time and how well assignments are done and in time.

The people and the friendly atmosphere that the school provides. The school provides such a friendly atmosphere that everyone who attends feels like they are part of the school, not just one of the students who attend.

Janee

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say stick to your goal no matter what. No matter what comes your way, good or bad, learn from it and make the best of it. Once you start college, finish it. You will come out in end a great Medical Assistant, a good mother, and a hard worker. Do it for yourself anf no one else.

Audrey

I was right in assuming it was a bad idea to have a boyfriend freshman year. No matter what do not let yourself get talked into a relationship or any sexual encounters for that matter. You don't have to do anything you do not want to or don't feel comfortable with. Not everyone in college has sex. You will be more respected if you stick to your values. How you present yourself as a freshman sets the stage for the rest of your college career. So have fun, but be careful!

This is a suitcase school. Mostly everyone lives nearby and goes home on the weekends.

No one seems to know the answer. Whatever you need the administration sends you all around campus to talk to different people who all give you different answers.

Chelsea

It is one of the few universities on campus and it was close enough to my house so that I can go home on the weekends.

If I had the ability to travel back in time to when I was a high school senior there would be much advice I would give myself. The first piece of advice would be to read the textbook. My first semester I didn't utilize the textbooks in any of my classes and I ended up paying for it when it came time to study for tests. Also, ask questions. I am shy in class so I do not enjoy asking questions, but I found it very important. First, the professor enjoys the fact that you are participating and its surprising how every little bit of information that ends up on the tests. Make sure you know everything. Another piece of advice would be to email the professor if you have any questions. They give you their email for a reason. It really comes out in handy when you need further explanation on a piece of material, or when you simply want to know a due date. If I came into college knowing and using these pieces of information I know that my freshman year would have been much less stressful.

Almost everyone is from Long Island, those who aren't from Long Island are international students. The people here aren't the frendliest.

Cassandra

I am a lifetime member of the Post Pioneer family. The diversity of Long Island University appeals to me because it will enable me to share my experiences with others, and learn from other members of the academic community. Being on a campus with an already dynamic student body will expose me to fascinating ideas, and thought-provoking discussions, to which I will contribute as well. Most importantly, I believe Long Island University; has provided me with the education and experience to be a success in any field that I choose. My best teacher in life has not been a person, but rather my life experiences. It is my hope that I will be able to share the knowledge I have gained here , and continue to allow life to be my teacher. I have been able to use my experiences and add on the views of the other students. I have grown significantly being able to live and interact with multi culturals. Not only growing to better myself; nonetheless, bettering the campus. The long term results being a successful foundation, and development in my academics, character, and career. I know it will apt me into a worldly and intellectual individual.

This best thing about this school is the social diversity .

A student who does not want to work and is focused should not attend.

Lindsay

I have gained a good deal confidence by attending college. I continuously felt that I did not know enough to contribute to conversations at times and now since I’ve been attending college I have input on topics that I never knew a great deal about. I also have created a terrific network of people that have some of the same ideas and values as I do. When I started back to school, I by no means thought I would be able to succeed in college and now I am tutoring three classes and working towards my bachelors’ degree. No education is a bad education. It is one of the most valuable things we can give ourselves and the generations to come.

Aliana

What i have gotten most from college experience is learning diversity and uniqueness. in college everyone is open to new things and cultures and people so it makes everyone more accepting and opens doors and minds than if they didnt before attending school. You learn to become your own person and continue to find your identity and what feels right with the freedom and experiences in college and what they have to offer.

i wish i would have known how many commuter students their are to residents. Alot of the kids go to the city for the weekend so its more of a campus life mon - thurs and you have to find stuff to do.

worse thing about the school would probably just be the dining hall hours. alot of people want to eat pass 8pm.

LIU Post administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.