Brookville, NY
LIU Post

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend LIU Post

Cassandra

I am a lifetime member of the Post Pioneer family. The diversity of Long Island University appeals to me because it will enable me to share my experiences with others, and learn from other members of the academic community. Being on a campus with an already dynamic student body will expose me to fascinating ideas, and thought-provoking discussions, to which I will contribute as well. Most importantly, I believe Long Island University; has provided me with the education and experience to be a success in any field that I choose. My best teacher in life has not been a person, but rather my life experiences. It is my hope that I will be able to share the knowledge I have gained here , and continue to allow life to be my teacher. I have been able to use my experiences and add on the views of the other students. I have grown significantly being able to live and interact with multi culturals. Not only growing to better myself; nonetheless, bettering the campus. The long term results being a successful foundation, and development in my academics, character, and career. I know it will apt me into a worldly and intellectual individual.

This best thing about this school is the social diversity .

A student who does not want to work and is focused should not attend.

Lindsay

I have gained a good deal confidence by attending college. I continuously felt that I did not know enough to contribute to conversations at times and now since I’ve been attending college I have input on topics that I never knew a great deal about. I also have created a terrific network of people that have some of the same ideas and values as I do. When I started back to school, I by no means thought I would be able to succeed in college and now I am tutoring three classes and working towards my bachelors’ degree. No education is a bad education. It is one of the most valuable things we can give ourselves and the generations to come.

Aliana

What i have gotten most from college experience is learning diversity and uniqueness. in college everyone is open to new things and cultures and people so it makes everyone more accepting and opens doors and minds than if they didnt before attending school. You learn to become your own person and continue to find your identity and what feels right with the freedom and experiences in college and what they have to offer.

i wish i would have known how many commuter students their are to residents. Alot of the kids go to the city for the weekend so its more of a campus life mon - thurs and you have to find stuff to do.

worse thing about the school would probably just be the dining hall hours. alot of people want to eat pass 8pm.

romeesa

An expensive but good oppurtunity to get the experience I need to achieve my dreams.

I have not started attending college yet, but I have learned many things in the process of choosing and applying to college. I believe it is always valuable to get an education, it is the absolute best way to not only advance our society, but also ourselves as individuals. My college experiece has taught me that working hard has its benefits, and that it is our talents, abilities, and personalaties that make us who we are. College definately has its costs, but it is definately a worthwhile investment, because in turn for the money and work a person puts in, they recieve something of much greater value. I have also learned that life is a learing experience and the more we learn, the better we become. In a time full of economic hardship, it is important to stick to our values, and remeber that every great society has advance through education, and the United States is no exception.

A person who is not willing to work for what the y want to achieve. Also, students who can not afford the tuition.

Lindsay

If I could tell myself anything in high school, I would have said to myself to have a more open mind. There are so many opportunities in college to learn new things and experiencing new culture. College has taught me how to learn. I want to obtain as much education as I can now. I cant get enough.

My college experience so far has provided focus and clarity for me. It has allowed for me to see what I want for my future. Although no one knows for certain every detail they want out of life, I definintely know what I don't want. I don't want to live my life without the education needed to ensure that I not only make an impact on my future but the future of children. Thinking 20 years ahead I want my future student to be my doctor, lawyer or co-educator in Early Childhood Development someday. It has been valuable for me to attend LIU -CW Post campus because along with independence came sacrifice (the sacrifice came from me and my mom), I got to see who really believed me and more importantly how much more I believed in myself, and my vision for tomorrow. When all is said and done, my (future students) will not have to follow the path where it may lead them, but they will go to where there is no path and make their own, and that will be my legacy.

The kind of person that should attend this University should be those who are aspiring to make a difference in their own lives and the lives of others.

Everyone has dreams and deserves a chance and therefore my answer would be, there is no kind of person that should not attend this University or any other for that matter. If you have hope, nurture it and don't give up.

Debra

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about the transition to college I would tell myself not to be intimidated by the amount of work involved and to not give up. I would reassure myself that the first year is the hardest because college is nothing like high school and that it will become easier with each passing year. I would also tell myself to enjoy each moment because these will be the best years of my life. I would tell myself that these years will bring many people, opportunities, and experiences into my life that I may not get back again, and that these people, opportunities, and experiences will help to mold the person that I will become in the future. I would also tell myself that college is not just a place where you learn academics but also a place there you will learn about yourself.

The library on campus is great. It has so much to offer studens in aiding in their studies.

The kind of person who should attend this school should be an achiever who is willing to put time into their studies

Melissa

Most of my classmates are freshmen who live on campus in the dormitory who are young, smart, and detrmined to achieve their goals in life.

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making transition, I would have advised myself to be more selective with the kinds of friends that I have chosen. Answering this question makes me reflect on my past; and while reflecting on my past, I re-experienced some joyful feelings due to personal and academic successes, but I also experienced some mixed feelings due to academic challenges. While examining my life's events, I saw a structural pattern of human development in which I was always fighting against the odds in order to get things done. Consequently, I have decided to change this structural pattern in order to work with the odds, not against them. To make such a big change will not be an easy task, but I will make sure that it happens. Answering this question provides me with the opportunity to see how societal changes affect the lives of individuals as their strive survive withing various institutions.

People who want to succeed must have perseverance and patience; and the ability to fit in a system. They must have the ability to work with others and show a great deal of determination. What I am saying is that hard work and perseverance are key factors in achieving objectives.

Melanie

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would really just want to to tell myself that everything will be okay. To me that is something that everyone wants to hear, and thinking about college my senior year, I was not entirely sure things would be okay. I was worried that maybe I picked the wrong school or the wrong major. I still wonder about that sometimes, but I am ultimately satisfied with where I am in life at the moment. Telling myself two years ago that everything would be okay would really have taken a lot of pressure of my shoulders and a lot of doubts out of my mind.

I wish I had known that dorming would be easier than commuting. But dorming is expensive and that is really just out of the question for alot of people.

You should not attend CW Post is you are a person who does not have time to deal with a poorly run financial program. Loans get messed up easily and if they don't go through because of the many mistakes they make there, than thats your problem. Commuting is a pain too.

Audrey

Don't worry so much about the transition. I am absolutely ready for the change and ready to be on my own. The adjustment is not as hard as I am making it out to be. And don't get too excited about your first roommate. It's not going to work out, but it will be worth it in the end to be able to room with my best friend.

Anyone who would appreciate a beautiful campus should give C.W. Post a look. It may be quiet on the weekends because a lot of students go home, but it gives me a good chance to study and do my school work.

The most frustrating thing about C.W. Post would be all the side doors to the dorms that we are not allowed to enter or exit past a certain time. It is so annoying having my room right near a door I cannot enter.

LIU Post administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.