Brookville, NY
LIU Post

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend LIU Post

Lindsay

If I could tell myself anything in high school, I would have said to myself to have a more open mind. There are so many opportunities in college to learn new things and experiencing new culture. College has taught me how to learn. I want to obtain as much education as I can now. I cant get enough.

My college experience so far has provided focus and clarity for me. It has allowed for me to see what I want for my future. Although no one knows for certain every detail they want out of life, I definintely know what I don't want. I don't want to live my life without the education needed to ensure that I not only make an impact on my future but the future of children. Thinking 20 years ahead I want my future student to be my doctor, lawyer or co-educator in Early Childhood Development someday. It has been valuable for me to attend LIU -CW Post campus because along with independence came sacrifice (the sacrifice came from me and my mom), I got to see who really believed me and more importantly how much more I believed in myself, and my vision for tomorrow. When all is said and done, my (future students) will not have to follow the path where it may lead them, but they will go to where there is no path and make their own, and that will be my legacy.

The kind of person that should attend this University should be those who are aspiring to make a difference in their own lives and the lives of others.

Everyone has dreams and deserves a chance and therefore my answer would be, there is no kind of person that should not attend this University or any other for that matter. If you have hope, nurture it and don't give up.

Debra

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about the transition to college I would tell myself not to be intimidated by the amount of work involved and to not give up. I would reassure myself that the first year is the hardest because college is nothing like high school and that it will become easier with each passing year. I would also tell myself to enjoy each moment because these will be the best years of my life. I would tell myself that these years will bring many people, opportunities, and experiences into my life that I may not get back again, and that these people, opportunities, and experiences will help to mold the person that I will become in the future. I would also tell myself that college is not just a place where you learn academics but also a place there you will learn about yourself.

The library on campus is great. It has so much to offer studens in aiding in their studies.

The kind of person who should attend this school should be an achiever who is willing to put time into their studies

Melissa

Most of my classmates are freshmen who live on campus in the dormitory who are young, smart, and detrmined to achieve their goals in life.

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making transition, I would have advised myself to be more selective with the kinds of friends that I have chosen. Answering this question makes me reflect on my past; and while reflecting on my past, I re-experienced some joyful feelings due to personal and academic successes, but I also experienced some mixed feelings due to academic challenges. While examining my life's events, I saw a structural pattern of human development in which I was always fighting against the odds in order to get things done. Consequently, I have decided to change this structural pattern in order to work with the odds, not against them. To make such a big change will not be an easy task, but I will make sure that it happens. Answering this question provides me with the opportunity to see how societal changes affect the lives of individuals as their strive survive withing various institutions.

People who want to succeed must have perseverance and patience; and the ability to fit in a system. They must have the ability to work with others and show a great deal of determination. What I am saying is that hard work and perseverance are key factors in achieving objectives.

Melanie

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would really just want to to tell myself that everything will be okay. To me that is something that everyone wants to hear, and thinking about college my senior year, I was not entirely sure things would be okay. I was worried that maybe I picked the wrong school or the wrong major. I still wonder about that sometimes, but I am ultimately satisfied with where I am in life at the moment. Telling myself two years ago that everything would be okay would really have taken a lot of pressure of my shoulders and a lot of doubts out of my mind.

I wish I had known that dorming would be easier than commuting. But dorming is expensive and that is really just out of the question for alot of people.

You should not attend CW Post is you are a person who does not have time to deal with a poorly run financial program. Loans get messed up easily and if they don't go through because of the many mistakes they make there, than thats your problem. Commuting is a pain too.

Audrey

Don't worry so much about the transition. I am absolutely ready for the change and ready to be on my own. The adjustment is not as hard as I am making it out to be. And don't get too excited about your first roommate. It's not going to work out, but it will be worth it in the end to be able to room with my best friend.

Anyone who would appreciate a beautiful campus should give C.W. Post a look. It may be quiet on the weekends because a lot of students go home, but it gives me a good chance to study and do my school work.

The most frustrating thing about C.W. Post would be all the side doors to the dorms that we are not allowed to enter or exit past a certain time. It is so annoying having my room right near a door I cannot enter.

This school is very disorganized, however the program that I am in is very strong.

They are very encouraging and supportive.

I would tell myself not to expect people to do things for you. You need to be independent. You also need to find something you really enjoy learning about. Without a passion for what you are learning, you are wasting your time and money. FInd something you love.

Elaine

The key to better things in life and a bright future.

The key to better things in life and a bright future.

In high school I knew what I really wanted to study in college and that is Criminal Justice but instead of going on to study Criminal Justice, I was encouraged to study in a different field that I had no interest in. The advice that I would give myself is that do not let anyone discourage and just follow your dreams. It's true that you can do anything when you put your mind to it but make sure you it and just keep on working hard at it. Do not let consistent insults put you down and be strong.

C.W Post is a University of success. They have all the necessary resoures to assist you through your college experience. Even though C.W Post is a big campus it feels like we are all a big family. The Faculties and counselors are always eager to help the students and are there whenever you need help. Also the school is very diverse and the students that I've met so far are very open minded and very friendly, I mean it does not matter if they do not know you personally they will talk you and make you comfortable.

LIU Post administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.