Brookville, NY
LIU Post

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend LIU Post

Elaine

The key to better things in life and a bright future.

The key to better things in life and a bright future.

In high school I knew what I really wanted to study in college and that is Criminal Justice but instead of going on to study Criminal Justice, I was encouraged to study in a different field that I had no interest in. The advice that I would give myself is that do not let anyone discourage and just follow your dreams. It's true that you can do anything when you put your mind to it but make sure you it and just keep on working hard at it. Do not let consistent insults put you down and be strong.

C.W Post is a University of success. They have all the necessary resoures to assist you through your college experience. Even though C.W Post is a big campus it feels like we are all a big family. The Faculties and counselors are always eager to help the students and are there whenever you need help. Also the school is very diverse and the students that I've met so far are very open minded and very friendly, I mean it does not matter if they do not know you personally they will talk you and make you comfortable.

Cheyenne

You are giving enough time and also different opportunities to explore different majors college/universities has to offer. There are academic advisors who are able to help you through your process of school. I do commend those who are dilligent and hard working to use that through college and even through your future endeavors, because perserverance is the key that's going to keep you focus on your goals and key to success. Choosing the right college can become diffucult but elimnating your options helps you through the process and when you get to the college of your choice; make sure one your doing your work first; second explore some extra circular activities and three try not to over thinkin your opportunities. College is fun but make sure of your dos and donts.

people who are willing to work hard, have the ability to out there time and effort into learning and accomplishing there goals.

i always talk about the campus experience and how well professor are able to help me when it's needed. i often talk about things i learn each day from difference professor because is professor is essentric in the ways they teach.

Lily

First, visiting the school is an important factor to choosing the right school. You must feel comfortable at the school you visit. Secondly, If you would like to have a memorable college experience it is important to be active and get involved in school activities. The most important thing is to the organization and management of your time. You must be responsible for managing you studying time for the week, in addition to the time you will spend on socializing, school activities, relaxation and other extracurricular activities. If you do not have an organized time schedule, you are bound to miss out in one part while you focus too much of your time on the other. For example, you may unconsciously come to focus more of your time with school clubs and volunteering, while leaving your studies aside a bit more than you should. It may sound cliche and old, but I am a standing testimony to say that I had a hard time organizing my time at college during the first semester of my college year. However, after I realized what my problem was, I carefully scheduled my weeks activities which helped solved my problems.

The worst thing about the school is the size of the campus and dorm buildings.

If you like a friendly, small university environment this is the place for you. The campus is very inviting and comfortable.

cyre

Very comforting and warm welcoming. Easy to adjust to and great environment for learning.

They were very friendly and enouraging.

When looking for the right college the students should make sure each college they choose has their exact major or is for the field that they would like to work in. Even though a lot of schools look extremely beautiful, background checks are always important. Talking to the advisors or Alumni of the schools would be very helpful if you want to kno how the prefessors are and the classrooms and even the living environment. Also the price is very important. If the school is very expensive the first year it may keep increasing so it should be understood that for the whole 4+ years the students family is willing to pay the amounts due. Once the student is enrolled into a college they should eneter it with an open mind. College is for everyone from everywhere so there is always a large population of people from out of state and even out of the counrty. So in order to make friends you have to be open for all things. Even if your shy atleast meeting 1 person can start your circle of friends.

Justine

most classmates here are friendly and social.

most classmates here are friendly and social.

When making a choice about where to go to college I think the best advice i could give is for parents to make sure they are not making the decision for their children. If you want to be happy while at college it needs to be atleast partially your decision to go there. Think about what you are looking for, clubs, sports, academic programs?. Also ask students who currently attend the schools you are considering how they like the school. The best thing you can do is find out as much as you possibly can, from students, staff, team captains. These people can give you a much better insight into the school than a brochure can.

I think out going students should go to this school because it is easy to make friends and get involved if you make the effort to join clubs and meet new people.

aaron

stay were ever youre the happiest. do not change schools because someone else told you too. not worth it.

the best thing would be how available resorces are like food and businesses.

if you are not from the area people tend to distance themselves from you. people found me to be odd and i only live 3 hours away.

Melissa

Do your research. Pick a school you feel most comfortable at and believe will be the best suitable choice for your college career.

I would have picked a different school with a better communications department

Rashida

My school has so much school spirit and unity compared to other schoo. We support all of our teams 100%

I would suggest visiting the college before you go, and also visiting Financial Aid and keeping on them all the time because they have to deal with thousands of students a day and won't remember your situation off the top of their head.

A person who is looking for a school that is big but a the same time homely. You will become very comfortable living there so it is easier for you to do well in school. I think a person who is laid back should attend because it is a very laid back school.

Jackie

Speak to students on campus as much as possible prior to acceptance as well as visiting living areas, eating the food available and checking out the classrooms your program will be conducted in. Most of all check the schools reputation for giving the proper funding to students in a timely fashion. In our shakey economic times presently, it will be imperative to not leave school with a mountain of debt, especially if it may have been avoidable by having the right people invovled in processing your information. Lastly, I would say attend college because you are passionate about a specific subject. If your reason for attendence is anything but that you will be wasting a significant amount of time and money and should reassess your long term goals.

I wish I had known what a scam it was in that the programs I was apart of were heavily underfunded, while the gym was coated in brand new equiptment. I wish I had known how to beat financial aid and bursar at stealing my borrowed money. I wish I had known a school that carried my major other than this one, since I could not find an undergraduate program offering the same degree. Most of all I wish I had gone somewhere else.

The kind of person looking to get through academics without very much effort who would prefer to focus more on thier social life. They should also be the kind to have their parents pay for their schooling because a) it is excessively overpriced, and b) financial aid is heavily incompetent so your debt will skyrocket.

LIU Post administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.