LIU Post Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for LIU Post

Maxwell

I have only been on campus for 2 months but enjoying the beautiful campus but also the close proximity to New York City and all that it has to offer. It is a small university but has a big campus feel. It has all the D1 sports you could want, the facilities such as the library, student union, sports venues and theatre are all top notch facilities. You have everything you could need here on campus.

Gianna

I don't know if LIU Post is right for me. I'm not sure if I fit in with the other students, though I want to. I've considered going to a school farther away from home so that dorm life would be mandatory. I commute to campus and have a full-time job, which makes the school ten times harder for me to get involved and adore the school like other students. I often think of spending too much time on working and studies are taking away from my youth. Overall, the school is mediocre. Not many parties, some Greek life, a smaller campus. If you are looking for a life-changing experience and unparalleled memories, LIU Post is definitely not for you. I still don't know if it's even for me.

kevin

LIU Post is an amazing school that offers great opportunities. The campus isn't too big or too small so everyone on campus has to know each other. The more involved you are the more fun you have. The class sizes are perfect which allow students to learn more effectively and be more successful in there majors.

Bria

Good academia. The classes can be rigorous but you have to do the work. There needs to be more cultural organizations on campus as well as career events comparable to the Brooklyn campus.

Nitzan

Long Island University is a friendly and welcoming community. The teachers are warm and easy to talk to. The students are supportive and excited to learn. There are a lot of great opportunities, especially for Theatre students, with the very popular Tilles Center providing a fantastic venue for artists to come preform and hold Master Classes. Unfortunately, the dining hall does not provide the best or healthiest food, as a student, you have to work harder to stay healthy. Long Island University does, however, has a great gym with a pool in addition to horse riding stables. The student life is pretty active, despite the fact that many students are commuters. The green (literally and figuratively) campus is always a wonderful sight to behold, and shows the schools support for taking care of the Earth. Housing is nothing special, but the tile floors mean that you need a carpet for you feet not to freeze in the winter. Also, the brick walls make it kind of annoying and hard to put up decorations, so you have to be clever. The club life could be better, but its really up to you to make the best of it. Overall, I do recommend LIU Post. Despite the few kinks I have come across, I have thoroughly enjoyed the time that I have spent at Long Island University.

I love this school. Looking to come here for my graduate degree as well. There's plenty to get involved in and many opportunities for academic success and out of school success. The class sizes are small, which I prefer. I feel as though professors really care about you and your success. You're a name, not a number. I am in a sorority, as well as a Resident Assistant. It is so fun being so involved on campus and I encourage others to do the same.

Kenny

I love the campus. I plan to be living on campus. Because I’m also going to be on a sports team: Wrestling, I like the environment at the campus. There so many opportunities that people can take advantage with. I look forward to spending four years of college there.

keyonna

LIU is a great place to build connections and expand your academic horizons. LIU can find better ways fro accommodate the students that stay on campus by having longer cafe hours and by providing more on campus activities. Overall it is a known fact that the faculty members of LIU post care about the attending students and their educational concerns.

Sabrina

Long Island University made it simple and easy to transition into graduate school. Everyone was very helpful throughout the process. Classes are small and interactive. And professor are always available to help. Professor have office hours and response to emails within a day Students are friendly and smart. the campus is medium size and beautiful.

Mykhia

I love it. Everyone seems so nice and the campus is so much fun. I love my classes and the commute to class is fun. My professors are great and I like them all with the exception of one. I do, however, not like that the tuition is really expensive. It is okay though, because I have been given some aid.

William

LIU Post is a great school. Everyone is like family and the students to teachers ratio is great. I have yet to have a professor who isn’t availble when they claim to be and even more times outside their office hours. The writing center in humanities and tutoring are both amazing resources provided by the campus run by LIU Post graduates that come in handy when you’re struggling with a paper or subject or would like someone else to take a look at what you did to have it reiterated a different way.

Elda

I really enjoy learning at LIU Post. I feel very safe there and the professors are always there and available to you after class, or during their office hours to help you with anything like exams and class material that you are struggling with.

Sharon

In my opinion Long Island University- CW Post Campus is a good school for those who are just looking to get an education and don't want to be involved in activities or things outside of the classroom. For students who live on campus there is not much to do on the weekends, the social night life is sad and quiet. The academics are good but everything else is just okay.

Rebecca

It's not the best but not the worst either. There is a lot of improvements and updates to be done and with the cost of the tuition they should be able to do exactly that. I'm transferring out because it is not worth the price at all.

Emerly

The LIU Post Campus makes me feel like it is my second home. Students have many opportunities to become involved around campus from working at the Tilles Center theater, to leading orientations and even creating new clubs. The campus life coordinators are very open to making the campus feel more at home to students, which overall is one of the best things about the school.

Amanpreet

The first time I came to visit the campus in my senior year of high school, I fell in love with the campus. I knew immediately that Long Island University C.W. Post was the school I wanted to attend to earn my bachelors degree. I did much research on the major that I intended to pursue which was Radiologic Sciences. I had heard nothing but good things about the Rad- Tech program at LIU Post. I planned a visit and met some of the staff in the health sciences department. Every single one of them helped in me choosing LIU Post over another school. LIU Post made my transition from high school to college very easy. I was worried about things such as academics, my social life, and many other things. The community of LIU Post introduced me to so many new experiences that I would have never thought about doing such as joining greek life. My first year has been one that I will always remember at college. Everyone welcomed me into the LIU Post community and I feel that I have made a second home at college. This is very important to me since I prioritize family an friends above all else. I need a community such as C.W. Post to help me find success in my academia. The professors at this university are all ready to help each and every student. They are always available during office hours and offer help outside of those hours to students who are willing to put the effort into the course. LIU Post has helped me prepare for my future and I am thankful to belong to such a vibrant community of students who I have come to love dearly.

Christina Olga

The positive- Gorgeous campus, local surroundings, local shopping is AMAZING. The Negative: The Chair & Director of Nursing are snitch recruiters and snitch believers. The program only has one professor who teaches med surg lecture classes who colluded with director of nursing to steal student grades by implementing which student gets weighted grades and which student gets total accrued points/total possible points method. Med Surg rotation instructor R. Feinman. discusses his personal life & marital problems w/students. he has no boundaries. has no mind of his own. The appeals process is rigged because the chair of the academic standing committee is friends with the chair of nursing. they dismissed 9 students from the program who have made the dean's list. they do not follow procedure handbook. The Director/Chair of nursing both came over from a neighboring school under very "questionable circumstances" while the long time chair of nursing got demoted. They do not care about student success and only care about making themselves look good. they need to bring someone in to "clean house."

Olivia

I begin LIU Post in the fall. I did a review based off of my experiences at LIU Post as well as the information given to me from current students. I look forward to attending in September. I feel that the dorms, bathrooms, and food need a major upgrade!

Madeleine

My overall opinion of LIU Post is that it is a great school for learning new and exciting things to improve your future. There is so much student life and everyone here is always welcomed to give a helping hand! I am very excited to be going there in the fall to start my fantastic journey!

Louis

There are a ton of resources if you seek them out. The people there are very helpful. You can make a ton of connections in your field with alumni all over the world. Campus life is great if you have a good group of friends around you. There is always something different going on around campus.

Olivia

I love it, I just wish the dining spots would have vegan options. I literally eat fries everyday because there are no other vegan options. Other than that I truly enjoy attending LIU Post. The atmosphere is amazing, I feel like I'm part of one big family.