Lock Haven University Top Questions

Karen

I would tell myself... I know you heard this a thousand times already and it may seem unreal but you can do anything you set your mind to. Believe in yourself and stop relying so heavily on your teachers to do it for you. If you want to go to college your going to have to learn to learn. Professors have office hours and tutors have hours too. When you are your only resourse in a given moment and you have your next exam you cannot just try to understand the material and hope everything goes well. However, when preparing, you must and you can understand the most difficult of subjects. All it takes is some rehearsal. It requires a lot of work sometimes but if you dont understand something as well as someone else it does not mean you are anyless intelligent. It means it will just take you a little longer to get it. Everybody has to overcome their own challenges for themselves sometimes and I know meeting new people makes you nervous and trying new things too, do it anyway. You'll be surprised at how much of a great time you'll have.

Rebecca

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to not be afraid of success. It must sound like a strange thing, but I believe so many times I was afraid of what responsibilities came with success that I was afraid to act upon it. I would tell myself that the responsibilities are there because you are strong enough and smart enough to handle them. It is far better to take on the responsibilities that college has to offer and run with them than it is to be afraid of them. You will get so much more out of your college experience if you fully engage with it instead of, cowering at the thought of not being adequate. I would tell myself that I'm proud of how far you've come and that the best is yet to come.

Leslie

If I could go back in time and give advice to my high school senior self my biggest piece of advice would be to not worry so much. I'd tell myself that college is going to be great and to not stress so much over money because in the end everything will work out. I'd also tell myself to start applying for scholarships the summer before senior year because the more you apply for the more likely it is that you'll win one. I'd also tell myself to not be afraid to ask for help when I don't understand something in class because there's nothing to lose in asking. The last piece of advice I'd give myself is to be more outgoing. Making friends and socializing is the biggest part of the college experience and I'd tell myself that being shy will be no good because then you won't meet anybody. With these little nuggets of wisdom my freshmen year off college may not have been so difficult.

Alaina

When I was in high school I knew I wanted to go to college, but wasn’t sure what degree I wished to obtain. If I was able to go back in time and give myself advice I would have told myself that I wanted to become a nurse. This simple advice would have saved me a year and I would already be half way through earning my degree. Instead I enrolled in college for the fall of 2012 as an undeclared student. I discovered from my first semester of college at Lock Haven University that I wanted to become a nurse. This entailed transferring to my college’s branch campus, as LHU does not offer the nursing program on main campus. The nursing program begins in the fall semester. When I realized I wanted to become a nurse I made arrangements to take the nursing entrance exam and upon passing was accepted into the program. I just recently wrote my letter of commitment to the nursing department for the fall of 2013. As a high school senior, the advice to follow the necessary steps to get into a nursing program for the fall of 2012 would have been helpful!

Christopher

Future Self, listen up. College is a great experience over all, so take my word for it and eliminate the little concerns. You've grown up with experiences that have furnished you with all the skills you'll need to not only meet expectations, but surpass them. The resiliency you've acquired over the years will more than adequately help you manage the little challenges that will come along, so don't spend too much time or money on yourself in preparation for college. There are better things to do with your time right now, like solidifying childhood friendships, researching career possibilties, and spending time with your family. Trust me, you are taking for granted the love, friendship, and good advice that is so readily available to you right now. I can't tell you how much longer they will be in your life, so make your time with them worth every minute. Regarding the practical items of your education? You'll study abroad and everything will become clear. So get to work on your favorite language. The world is about to get much smaller, and if you follow my advice you'll be a humanitarian worker in no time.

Devon

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to take advantage of the Dual Enrollment option. When in High School, I didn’t want to spend my time at a college class when I could stay at High School a full day with my friends. Now I realize that I missed a great opportunity. I attended a competitive school where achievement is taken very seriously. Academically, I competed against very intelligent students in my class of 570 and I felt that there was not much point in trying. I would tell myself to keep pushing myself, because I would have done better. I would tell myself to do everything I can to get involved. I was active in both my High School’s team sports and intra-mural programs. I was in Steering Committee and played on many indoor clubs and teams for field hockey. However I wish I would have done more to stand out. Although I can’t go back, I can take my advice now and I plan to do that. When I graduate from college, I will have no regrets about my experience.

Arianne

Looking back I wish I would have known so much about college. The main thing for me is if I knew that I could apply for student loans at a yonger age life would have been alot nicer. Another thing is that living like a minamalist would be great knowledge and help for living the college life. Also I would tell my former self to always have enough change for parking, use just enough laundry detergent to get by, always be prepared for anything a teacher might ask so that means read the chapter before class starts if you can, roomates are just another steping stone to your life ahead and to always give your self enough time for extra time for getting to school. Knowing this would have made my college life easyer but now I am wiser though because of it.

kristina

Study extremely hard. and get as many scholarships as you can. College is very time consuming and expensive. ALways try your hardest and u will succeed.

Tasha

If I could go back and give myself advice, I would tell myself to work harder, get more involved in the school community and the community around the school. I would tell myself to get out there and to talk to people and to enjoy my last year of high school, because although college is fun, it is difficult as well because you are more focused on your real life goal. I actually transitioned pretty well from high school to college, but I think I could have definately pushed a little harder to get better grades not only in high school (I wasn't a bad student), but in college as well. Community service looks good in almost any setting and it makes you feel good that you are helping the community. I would also tell myself to apply for scholarships as many as I could because I didn't and now I owe a lot of money that I'll be working a long time to pay back.

Christine

I would tell myself to follow my heart. When I first started college, I felt so pressured by my family's expectations that I go into a field I knew I didn't want to spend the rest of my life involved in. When you have parents that try to force you into their "perfect" image of your future, you end up trying to please them and suffer in the end. It's YOUR life, live it! Dont let your studies stop you from having a life (or vice versa)! Be confident in yourself and make friends that you can have fun with as well as study with. Isolating yourself from others can have negative effects on your emotional well-being. When you have good friends at college, it's easier to get over the homesickness and stress of a new environment. Lastly, listen to your academic advisor. No matter how gifted you are, don't take too many difficult classes in a semester. Spread it out! You have 4 years to get your degree; don't blow it by trying to take calculus, O.Chem, and physics all in one semester (I tried it, doesn't work).

College is definetely a new experience. You have to study more, prepare more independently, and be your own person. Often classes are too big for you to always get individual help from your professors. That being said, do not stress out too much. As long as you keep your GPA up, and are successful your senior year, you will do fine. Just be sure not to slack off, that will hurt you more than help you because your grades will suffer and you will become discouraged. Put your all into your senior year (academically and socially), enjoy being a kid (once you get to college you need to start acting like an adult), and do not be afraid to get out of your comfort zone and meet some new people(these may be the people who you spend your freshman year of college with).

I have just finished my first semester at Lock Haven University and feel that I have taken full advantage of all I am able to at the school. Thus far, my GPA is a 4.0. I have strived to the best of my ability. Also, I took advantage of community service projects that benefit citizens around the Lock Haven area. For example, I participated in a program called "Adopt a Family," where students are able to deliver gifts to less fortunate people in the community. I also took advantage of clubs and organizations by joining the student newspaper, the Eagle Eye, where I was a sports photographer. In my short experience in college, it has been valuable because I have took the opportunity to learn not only about my classes, but about myself and others. I have learned true diversity and love it. It has taught me that there is much more to learn about life than what can be found in a textbook.

The most valuable piece of my education thus far is the vast opportunities available to me. The university is smaller in size thus grants its students the ability to be personal with their professors, instructors and as a campus community. There are a variety of different options for completing credits through the institution; students can study abroad in over twenty countries or even during their breaks to earn credit. Also, various organizations and offices on campus provide external experiences through volunteer services, externships, internships, campus jobs etc. I have lots of opportunity, power and choice to make the most out of my college education and to graduate with more than a degree. I enjoy the smaller campus size for just that because opportunities and experiences are easier to come by and indulge in minus the bigger institution competition.

Karen

I am currently attending Chaffey College. I expect to transfer to a four year college in 2011. Because of family reasons I have struggled to get back to school and as a result I greatly appreciate the opportunity for an education. College has opened my mind to new concepts, ideas, cultures, theories, and people; all of these new opportunities have enriched my life immeasurably. I have found passion and delight for subjects I once thought frightening. College is not to be missed or mistreated. I have a 3.94 grade point average because I put effort into each class. This past year I had cancer, even battling disease I would not quite college. I believe the degree of effort one puts into class is the degree of return one receives from class. This effort has changed my life and I am certainly the better for it. I have has so many truly wonderful professors that I intend to go into teaching when I graduate. I enjoy my time in class, working early in the morning on homework, and studying new subjects. I am more aware, civically minded, enriched, educated, and grateful because I have had the privilege of attending college.

Taylor

Lock Haven University has taken me from an easy high school career to a very challenging curriculum in college. I never stepped into my high school library all four years I attended. I didn't need to. I graduated in the top ten percent of my graduating class with little effort. I received a wake up call upon attending college. The best advice my advisor gave to me was that the first semester sets precedence for the rest of my college career. My dad's best advice is that cream rises to the top. So I set to the task of incorporating both of their comments into my diverse college experience. I am now no stranger to the library. I am being challenged every day and love the materials being presented to me. I have a career focus in which I have set high goals for myself. Half way into my sophmore year I am proud to say I have earned myself a 3.86 GPA. My college experience continues to progress as I get further to my goal of becoming a physcian's assistant.

Autumn

I gained knowledge, experience, and companionship. I learned the true meaning of friendship. I gained knowledge that helped prepare me to work in both the psychiatric, but also neurological fields. I gained experience as a leader, mentor, and office worked. All of which have come in handy in searching for jobs. Finally I made friends that I expect to keep for a lifetime.

Kyle

Since coming to this school, I have made many friends of so many different nationalities and it really has opened my mind to the real world! We're not the only important country and nation on the planet, and by talking to my Finnish, Korean, and German friends I see that. Sometimes as Americans all we care about are ourselves and the outcome only if it is good for us. By meeting these friends from other countries, I feel my eyes have been opened to the possibilites of what my life could hold. It has been invaluable to me!

Jeremiah

Lock Haven University afforded that valuable hands on experience that most colleged offering similar degrees do not. As opposed to entering the real world setting being affraid to make a mistake due to being on your own, those mistakes were typically made before graduation and thereby already knowing what to do. The professors at the university were able to provide a most realistic setting in which to practice our skills, both on the field and in the laboratory. The value of a cadaver lab allowed me to see where specific parts are as opposed to guessing. The education I received far surpassed what could only be imagined.

Nadia

My college experience was long, confusing, and rewarding. Being the first in my family to go to college was exciting and my parents were very proud of me. But there were a few problems. Since I was the first to attend college, there was no one to teach me about college. Another problem I had was that I was an illegal alien when I graduated from high school. I didn't know if I could even attend college. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to have a friend who took me down to the local community college to enroll. From then on, I had to wing it. I had no support from the school, I worked a full-time job, attended school full time, took unnessary classes, and ended up over-working my self and burning out. But I didn't care. I loved the commitment to school and the feeling of independence and knowing that I was succeeding on sher will and man-power. The worked paid off, and I was the first to in my family to receive an AA (with 88+ units!) and I'm willing to do all over again for a BS in psychology and beyond!

Melissa

I actually am going back to college after taking two years off. The first time around, I didn't take it seriously. When I started missing class all the time, my grades started slipping and I just decided to give up. After I was out of school, I realized that I made a mistake and needed to go back. The only problem was that my parents refused to help me because of my previous college experience. So, I finally saved up enough money to go back this semester. When I was out of school, I felt depressed all the time because I knew I could have graduated, I was just too lazy to do it. Now I am a little bit older and I realize that school isn't a joke or a burden. It is something that you choose to do in order to better yourself and to prepare you for what you want to do for the rest of your life. I guess before, I thought that I could just sit around and good things would come to me. I needed to grow up and understand that rewards come from hard work.

Kyle

I haven't been in college for very long, but I have gotten a lot out of my experience already. This is my first time staying from home for months at a time, so I have developed a sense of independence and self-reliance; I can't depend on my parents for food, laundry, and reminders any more. I have also had the opportunity to meet a lot of new people who have different values than me, and I have started to develop friendships with many of them. The education I am receiving is great also. I am sure I have picked the right major for me and enjoy most of my classes, particularly the ones related to health science. I have understood since the beginning of high school that there is a lot of value in attending college, and now I can actually see the benefits. I am being presented with many different ways of looking at subjects and am being molded into a more rounded person that is able to see the world in a new light. Obtaining a higher education has influenced me, and will continue to influence me to become the best person I can be.

Theresa

I am barely half way through my first semester of college, while its not what I was expecting in any way, in some areas I have gained a lot. I am taking a writting class, as simple as it appears I am learning a lot about myself as a writer about good tips to make my writing better and how to improve my writing skills. As well as one of my most interesting classes would be sociology, it's a class that introduces the idea of how to communicate and interact with people around us and how inactions work in the world. I feel these are both classes that I will take with me the rest of my life, in my furture career and as life skills in general.

I have met many different people. Some are from California, others from Venezuela. The diversity is amazing. I have learned how important it is to just set time for yourself. It really helps you think about the kind of person you want to become. College is a great way to just be yourself, whatever that may be.

Casey

I have made the closest of friends with whom I can confide in anything with. Lock Haven encourages academics and on-campus involvement. I have a 3.71 GPA, am in the honors program, am captain of my intramural volleyball team, and the public relations officer for the psychology club. I have a great relationship with my advisor who is always there to answer my questions and encourage me. Attending Lock Haven will increase my chances of getting into the graduate school of my choice. I am not worried about my future because Lock Haven makes sure that you get on the right path and work to the best of your ability and succeed.

Danielle

I have grown up a lot since attending Lock Haven. My parents are not here to tell me what to do or how to do it. I have to use my own judgement when I do things. I like to have fun but I know that I want to succeed in life so my studies have come first. It was hard but I have maintained a 3.68 GPA in my Freshman year. I have learned to do for myself and not to depend on people to do things for me. That alone has made me grow up. I want to study abroard so I have studied hard. I have also learned how to handle my money and I know that I am getting better at it. College is Fun Time but it is also Life Time. What I mean by that is, you decide what you want in life and apply yourself, The rest of your life depends on how you fare in College.

Amber

I would give myself a few different types of advice. First, I would tell myself not to be so worried about making friends. Making friends in college is so much easier than in high school. People seem to be more accepting in college and like meeting new people. I would also tell myself that even though I had my own room for most of my life, living with a roommate is not that bad. As long as you set ground rules and are willing to talk to each other about things it will all work out. A third thing I would tell myself would be concerning academics. A college course by itself is not difficult, it is when you have a bunch of them at once. Time management and to-do lists are a very important skill to have.

I would tell myself to look harder for scholarships . More scholarships would have helped out greatly. I am feeling the pressure to pay for the next three years of school because of out of state tuition. So if I had looked harder for more scholarships I could focus on school more.I would also tell myself to do what you want and do what maks you happy. Mom and dad will presure you to stay in Colorado for school, don't do it. Lock Haven is the best thing to happen to you.

Holly

I would tell myself that it is not as bad as my teachers made it seem like. Make sure that you do not go back to your room until all of your homework for the day is done. Life in the residence halls is great, but make sure you find someone that you mesh pretty well with to be your roommate. Preppy girls are sometimes hard to deal with, especially when you have nothing in common. Stay in band. There are so many nice people that become your friends instantly, so you will never be the lonely freshman. There are so many opportunities that come up with meeting so many people. Go for the honors program your first semester to help out with the tuition price. You are smart enough to keep up with all of the requirements. Become involved in some activity besides band. Try for an honorary fraternity or sorority. You will keep up with your community service hours, and have a blast doing something besides homework. Take it easy, if you need to take an extra semester, take one. And finally, do what you want to do and have fun.

Kachina

I would tell myself to consentrate and focus. I would tell myself that none of the petty stuff that goes on in high school will matter once you get to college the only thing that matters is the knowledge that you gained to help you excel in college. I would also tell myself just to relax. I remember getting so worked up coming into college that I had an extremely hard time transitioning and paying attention to my classes and if I would have just relaxed it would have been so much better.

Kaitlin

If I could go back and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would tell myself to choose Health Sciences as my major instead of Chemistry like I did originally. I would have spent that year and a half on the right course for my future instead of starting over with a new major. I'd also tell myself to start applying for financial aid and scholarships now instead of waiting for my money to run out to do so. Finally, and most importantly, I'd tell myself to apply myself to school, and study hard and not fall behind in my classes and let my GPA suffer as a result. In order toget jobs in my new major, I have to have a GPA of 3.5 at least and now, because I let myself fall behind, I have a lot to make up to earn that GPA. I may not graduate when originally planned because I change my major, I am out of money for school, and I have a lot of work to make up. If I had known as a senior how to avoid that, I would have done anything to do so.

Nikkita

If I could go back in time and speak to the high school senior self, I would tell her to enjoy her time a bit longer with the people time was spent with. "After high school, many of them will drift and you'll meet new friends that make you laugh harder than those in high school. Learn to study more and try to pay attention to what your A.P. English teacher tells you your writing problems. Those will hurt you in college since you only truly know PSSA writing. Be more confident and outgoing, but be caring and respectful. Enjoy your last year of high school because your first year in college will be so much better," I tell her. I would hug her and leave to seek what I have changed for the future.

Charles

I would advise myself to be ready for a huge increase in work load and a greater need of discipline. In high school i was used to being in an easier lifestyle. I had the ability to show up and pay attention to get an A in the class. The classes I took weren't all that easy, but I found the most effort I had to put in was about one hour of study time before the test the next day. When I came to college and tried a similar approach, I realized the large step up I needed to take. If I had truly been able to understand the immense difference between high school and college before I went to college, I wouldn't have had such a problem making up for the points I had already lost in the beginning of the first semester. If I could go back and speak with myself, I would say that I needed to make a drastic change in my learning methods and explain the difficulties to come.

Jorge

If I saw myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would have to do to myself would be slap myself and tell myself to just relax and calm down. As a high school senior, the only thing I thought about college was like something out of a movie. I had it set that I was going to party on the weekends, every day was going to be like spring break, absolutely nothing like college actually is. I'd tell myself to leave the spring break hat at home and get ready for some major growing up and responsibility. There are these things that mom and dad always worried about called bills that I would start getting. On top of that, no more asking the parents for an allowance. However with some bad comes some good, meaning there is a lot of freedom in college. However this is where the responsible part comes in. If you are not careful, it is very easy to lose control and end up back home broke and as a failure. The freshman fifteen is a myth but it can come true far to easily. But luckily, I am going to be spared.

Zackery

You shouold stop procrastinating right now and be ready for more of a workload than ever before. Also whenever you acctually move away from campus and start to go to school you better be ready to have the self will to go to class and then do all your homework.

Megan

Do you remember when you were in sixth grade and they told you that in high school you would only write in cursive? Writing in cursive didn?t turn out to as important as you thought it would be. In high school you take state standardized test and are told that academics are the most important. You may wonder if college is going to be test after test. Academics in college are important. You should read your assignments and take them serious, but in reality you are not always going to be perfect. College is about learning and experiencing new things. What you learn at college is not confined to a classroom. Living in the dorms you will experience new people and new cultures. Don?t be afraid to talk to people, learning how to communicate with new people is an important skill. Do not be afraid to join clubs or participate in student government. Being able to balance academics and activities is a preview of balancing a career and a social life. The most important thing is that you are happy. You should not go over the top, but find a balance that you are comfortable and happy with.

Jimmy

The new and exciting transition to college life isn't always an easy one. I guarantee that you will feel homesick from time to time but this can be overcome through a simple call to your family, or by surronding yourself with new and old friends. College coursework is much different from highschool. Professors don't remind you of deadlines like all your previous teachers did. For this reason you have to pay extra attention and always be ready for the announcement of a test or paper due in the near future. It is best to stay ahead of the game and always work on papers long before the deadlines. College life literally "flys" by and so do deadlines. If you take these few tips into account, college will be the best time of your life. College is the time where you find out who you really are and become who you want to be. Remember what brought you to this point and stick to it.

Hints for college: Make sure you have enough money for books. Do not count on financial aid to be ready the first week. You are an adult. You can come and go as you please. Don't abuse it, but remember you are not under anyones "power". Make sure you get enough sleep and study a week or two early. Make note cards. Order books a few weeks ahead of time off of amazon and other websites like that for cheaper books if possible. Don't be afraid to talk to strangers. You won't die. Be open and ready for anything. Ask questions and ask them often. Talk in class. Pay more attention to activities going on in residence hall. Say "hey" to everyone you pass and don't forget to smile and mean it.

Kaitlin

If I could go back in time to my last year in high school and talk to myself, I would tell myself to pay attention more in classes. Mostly in English class and learn how to write a good, strong sounding paper. I'd also tell myself to study more than just the night before a test, study a little bit every night really does help you out on test day. Turn my cellphone, laptop and tv off, the less distractions the better you can concentrate. Another piece of advise I would give to the high school me is to save money up for books, personal expenses or even just in case you have to buy extra stuff for a class. Its smarter to be over prepared than not prepared at all.

Looking back, I wouldn?t change my decision to come to Lock Haven University. I would offer myself some important advice. I would tell myself to just believe that everything will work out and stay focused on the school work and everything else will fall into place. You may have come to college with some friends from high school, but when you?re there, branch out and meet new people because that is what college is all about. Try new things like clubs and sports, join a sorority, and most importantly GET INVOLVED. College is what you make it, so the more you?re involved, the more fun you will have. I?d tell myself not to worry about not knowing how to cook; EasyMac will always be easy. Go to a football game and cheer on the team - even if they aren?t the greatest, have movie & karaoke nights with all the girls on your floor even if you can?t sing. And most importantly I?d tell myself to never forget where I came from & where I?m going. College only lasts four years but those four years can be some of the best experiences of your life.

John

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell my former self that I now have much more direction in terms of my intended career path, and that Lock Haven University isn't the best fit for what I'd like to do. I'd tell myself to apply for a school near a major city, or in a college town with an active music scene, so that I could better prepare myself for a career as a music journalist. I'd also encourage myself not to fret too much about romantic matters once I was in college, and to focus primarily on my education.

Shonna

That you need to take your high school experiences and classes seriously. You need to work hard and pay attention. College is hard work and your high school career will help you if you take it seriously. I came to college at the age of 24 so I was already out on my own, so I can not talk about the transition much.

Lindsey

Alright, listen Lindsey; life is not a game or a joke. In high school you believe that future successes will just "fall" into your lap. Mom and Dad are right; oney does not grow on trees. It doesn't now and it won't seven years from now. I know you're thinking to yourself "oh, I will go to school someday, but I'm still young. Why the rush? I want to have fun now while I'm young." Yes, that's fine and dandy, but real life is going to smack you in the face someday and let me forewarn you; the smack does not feel good. Because I have been through it already, let me give you some advice. School should be taken seriously. Learn your study skills now because in college, you're going to be expected to know how to study. Believe me when I tell you that how you are studying now is not going to cut it. The "cramming" you do right before you walk into the classroom is not enough now and it won't be later. You can do it. Stay strong and think positive; we'll be alright.

Jayme

If I was able to go back now and talk to myself a year ago, when I was still in High School, I would have told myself to reconsider my options. Then I thought that I wanted a small campus, but now I realize that I would have done better in a larger one, with a surrounding area that had more to offer. Here I found myself jobless, that would soon lead me to sleep Ansonia, and I know if I would have chosen a campus back home or even a larger one that I would have been able to find a job. I would tell myself that college is not what everyone makes it out to be, to stay focus because there are many things that will distract me. Most of all I would tell myself to never stop working at becoming successful, because in the end you end up where you choose to be at.

I'd tell myself to not be afraid to be myself and to try new things. In high school and my earlier years of college, I was always so concerned about fitting in and being a part of the crowd. Now I realize that it's ok to be your own person and break away from the crowd. The friends that you make by doing that will mean more to you in the long run then all the "kids in the crowd". I joined the Honors Program at Lock Haven University when I was a freshman because my parents made me. I thought it was going to be nothing but a bunch of boring nerds. However, the people I met in Honors are still, almost 4 years after graduation, my closest and best friends. I can't imagine my life without them. If I had listened to the sterotypes about Honors that the "crowd" was making, I'd have missed out on the best part of my college career. Don't be afraid to step outside the box and try something new! It could be the best decision you ever make.

Sultana

Make sure you stay on top of everything, all the hard work will pay off.

Crystal

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I think I would tell myself to work harder at looking for scholorships and grants as I didnt really do any college preparation until late in the year. I would also try to push myself to decide on a career sooner because for me this was also a issue. Finally when I had decided what i wanted to study everything seemed to go so fast. I would have liked to be able to examine my situation more, maybe planned out a course that could of helped me out a little more financially. Finally I would of told myself to cherish all the time spent with my friends and loved ones. Being away from them now makes me realize how many opportunities to spend time with them I had let slip through my fingers. In the case of a family member who was not just a cousin to me but a friend i will never have any of those opportunities again. I dont regret my life now but if I new then what i know now things might have been easier.

Alexis

Once you go to college they will expect a lot more from you. Look at this as a positive thing, because it is. Work hard and study because the knowlegde you can acquire is increadible. Be involved in campus activites, you'll meet a lot of great people that way. Once you decide your major be involved with it, you'll learn a lot from other people and you will make a great network. But, don't forget to have fun, take days to not worry about work and hang out with friends. College is an experience so don't sell yourself short, acidemically or socialy.

Bethany

Think smart when your making decisions. Time after time, I see students making unresponsible decisions throughout there college career and they end up destroying what they love to do. However, don't regret anything you do either. It is important to have a strong group of friends that you can lean on when school gets hard and need that support. Go somewhere away from home! You will get the best experience at college if you live on campus and further than an hour away from home. Stay connected to your friends from high school, that was my biggest mistake and when I go home for the weekend, I find myself working instead of enjoying the time spent at home. Start saving your money now!! School comes first before social life at college. Your social life could start to take over, so it is important to have priorities. Good Luck and remember to have fun!

Michele

Michele, you are about to step into your role as an adult. You have many interests and you seem very excited to get out there and taste life. If you are willing, I have some foresight for you to consider that may prove very helpful in your future happiness and success. First, start investing. Learn about investing. Contact a retired investor for guidance. Next, consider a savings account and budget and really enjoy the summer work with the Forest Service-it is a perfect fit with your schooling. In your childhood, you picked up on the habit of getting involved with alot of things, but for psychological and various reasons, you have a fear of completing things and that you aren't very smart. The truth is, you have some learning challenges, but they are not insurmountable. you will learn to work with them. Put it in your head every day you will finish school with a degree in what your heart loves-environmental studies and ecology. Consider a minor in psychology. This is your passionate purpose. See yourself at graduation, with family and friends, celebrating your accomplishments-excited about where this will take you. Mostly, enjoy each moment fully!

Kaysey

As a high school senior I was in a very stressful situation. I would advise myself to not worry about the things going on at home and with my parents. I found it very distracting dealing with problems at home and adjustments to school and being angry becasue my first choice school and athletic dreams were abruptly diminshed, that I could have spent less time dwelling on how much I missed my friends who understood me and could have been making more. I would have gotten even more involved even earlier in my first semestser and spent way less money. I would have taken more general education classes first semester and entered as an undeclared major for at least my first semester. Most of all I would have told myself to keep the same drive I had when I got here. It got me through the tough times with roommates and making friends, and I would have told myself to be more confident. It took me too long to realize how intelligent I really am, and that i underrated myself way to much at first. I would tell myself to be more confident, and that I would make it through.