Lock Haven University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lock Haven University

Jared

Small, friendly, and cold.

Madison

I enjoy Lock Haven University a lot. The environment is a new environment for me, coming from a much bigger place. The townspeople, professors, and students are very welcoming and helpful though. The school is amazing academically and it involves a lot of fun, but the town it is in can get a little boring if your not into fishing or hiking. The professors do a lot to help the freshman make friends and it is really interesting how much they care about the academics but also making us feel comfortable and at home. My first year seminar class is doing a cool project right now where we have to come up with four pictures and somewhere in the picture we have to include the words "We Belong". We've come up with funny ideas such has taking pictures in the fountain. The learning and overall college experience is wonderful here.

Shannon

being a student at lhu has made me such a different person because its such a different atmosphere. the people are all really nice and friendly. the professors really try to know every single one of there students and being a student athlete the sports team are the best people to be around.

Mary Beth

It is really hard to graduate in four years. Of all my friends that I have met here, only 3 have graduated "on time". This school really isn't transfer friendly. They care more about our losing sports teams then the arts; Dance has been cut and theatre is to be cut as of 2020. The food is crap and unhealthy. The dorm washer and dryers are horrible, small, and eat your money. The faculty and staff are great. I've met more professors I like than did not like. The dr at glennon is difficult to understand and i never feel like I get any help there from her; sometimes the nurses give good advice on what medicine to pick up at the store that should help. The library is okay, but I feel that we have a lot of outdated books. Inner Library Loan takes a lot longer than advertised. Lastly, they give out free condoms, but it cost money to print in color. Also the wifi is always going down for some unknown reason.

Olivia

Lock Haven University is a good school for the Health Sciences and Natural Sciences. Our teaching program is very good and our PA program is nationally acclaimed. We have a brand new science center and we have many resources available to us that other small schools of our size do not. Many professors are very good and make time to help students who need it. The small size of the school allows the opportunity to get to know professors and make good connections. There are also lots of opportunities to get research experience as an undergraduate. I myself got to do research the summer after my freshman year. We are also located in a beautiful area with lots of outdoor activities to participate in.

Jonathan

I love Lock Haven. The small class sizes, the personal relationship with professors, and the opportunity to meet most of the other students on campus make you feel secure and at home while being at the university. Even though there isn't much to do outside of the university, there is always something going on, be it sports, academic events, political events, or an outing with friends, the Haven is poppin'. Last semester we even had our governor visit to talk about our State System of Higher Education!

Leah

I chose Lock Haven University partly because of the small class size and small-town area the campus is in. It is a great place to focus on my studies while not being completely away from town. The Social Work and Criminal Justice programs are top notch and the professors are very helpful!

Calvin

I think that it is a pretty nice campus, there are tons of extracurricular activities, and opportunities to meet new people. They also give you amazing opportunities to further your education and make the best of your time at this institution. The athletics programs are majorly involved in your education, they make sure you are always getting your work done, and give you mandatory study hours.

shamaar

The university of Lock Haven is honestly on of the most family orientated state schools, because it doesn't have the largest student body. Therefore we all get to know each other and most of the time students look out for each other. The classroom settings also help students learn easily at a higher level. It is a place where you could get away from the fast city life for a little bit and appreciate the small features that many people don't always notice in life.

Mikalyn

Lock Haven University is a small campus in Pennsylvania. It's a beautiful town that Susquehanna river flows right beside. On this campus the food is excellent. Nothing better than their salad bar and chicken. The professors are helpful and understanding. We have a student learning center for tudoring. On the campus we have our own campus police force which makes me always feel safe. Mostly I'd give Lock Haven a 4/5 star rating!

Amy

Lock Haven University is a fairly small campus in the middle of Lock Haven. The campus itself is beautiful and is surrounded by the mountains that are so pretty in the fall and spring with their changing colors. There are literally activities going on every day so that you don't get bored. The food is pretty good and you have the choice of buffet style at Upper or there's a smoothie place, Starbucks, Eagle Rock, and Chick-fil-a at Lower. Class sizes are usually small so you definitely get to connect more with your professor and get the most out of your education. I really love LHU because personally, it feels like somewhere that I belong and I haven't felt that most of my life.

Kente

Great school foe people from the inner-city looking for an escape. The campus is vet nice and has a lot to offer, minorities and people of color be cautious in the town its racist. The academics are great the psych program is and the staff are willing to help if you want to excel.

Amy

Lock Haven is the best of a small school experience. Here you'll get small class sizes, lots of one-on-one opportunities with professors, and the opportunity to be involved with any extracurricular you desire. Sports are not a big focus of the school, but there are opportunities to be involved. I loved the surrounding area, so much beautiful nature, so many opportunities for hiking and camping--and this is one of the rare schools where you're able to triple major if you desire. I loved my experience here, yes I could have gotten a better academic experience elsewhere--but in terms of a combination of quality of life and quality of opportunity, I think it was a relatively good choice.

Leikpele

Overall Lock Haven is a decent school, the class size is small enough, so the professors will definitely know their student's names. Lock Haven is in a small school in a big community. One thing I admire most about this school is that there is help and all one have to do is look in the right direction and there are people to help lead you ever step of the way.

Dan

Ok but not great. Professors don't post grades. It is tough to know where you stand as a student. Some professors are nice but not really good at teaching. Students are basically on their own. If you attend this school know that you are on your own. This is odd because this is a teaching school not a research institution.

Sierra

Lock Haven is a small campus. Walking around campus, you are sure to see everyone more than once daily. The buildings are well kept and aren't too far spaced out. There is a variety of food to choose from at multiple places. Whether you're on one side of campus or in the center, there will be somewhere that you can grab a snack on the go. Overall, Lock Haven isn't a bad campus.

Cecelia

I believe it is an amazing school. The students seem to be very engrossed with their academics. They make time for any activities they may have. The food is amazing. The professors are amazing and very open. All the students get along and get together for big games. Overall, life at Lock Haven University is amazing. You can tell the spirit is high there.

Graci

Lock Haven University is a beautiful campus and is always very clean. Many people do not know about Lock Haven so there aren’t as many students there as there should be. I love the campus and the housing but the small town can get boring. The food is edible but a home cooked meal is way better. The professors care about students and I’ve met some of my favorite people ever here. There are great resources for students to find help, join activities, and plan for their future.

Hope

I visited the campus this past summer and absolutely loved it. I need special accommodations in my living area and in the classroom due to health problems and LHU staff was very nice and accommodating when i requested my accommodations. Highly recommend for upcoming freshman deciding on colleges.

Danielle

It is a great place to meet new people who are interested in the same career as you. Very fun and such an enjoyable place to be. the food was good with a variety of options. The students there are super helpful and encouraging. One of the professors that I met seemed great and willing to help with whatever we needed help with. This overall seems to be a great college.

Gabriel

I personally love Lock Haven. It is a small town in the middle of the mountains of Pennsylvania with the Susquehanna river close by. There are a plethora of activities to do outside ranging from nature walks to fishing or hunting. There are some stores in town but not a ton, there are however good places to eat in town. Williamsport and State College are also close by if you are looking for more activities. I enjoy the small school atmosphere and I feel like people are very friendly. The professors are welcoming and easy to talk to and usually have office hours every day if you need help. I like that the classes are small as it gives me an opportunity to get to know my professors. I think Lock Haven is a beautiful area and I appreciate that the university is not directly in the city. I personally think Lock Haven University is a great school to attend but I acknowledge that it may not be for everyone. If you looking for a relaxing and peaceful small town atmosphere then Lock Haven University is a good fit.