Loma Linda, CA
Loma Linda University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Loma Linda University

Loma Linda University is an university that is dedicated to ensuring their students are learning in the best possible environment. Their simulation center is incredible and comes in handy for learning on non-real patients before real human interaction. It's a good Christian environment.

Hanita

it is very good school Instructors have a lot of teaching experience​ and very organized. everyone I meet is so nice and very helpful.

Jac

Loma Linda University is a wonderful institution with a variety of academic disciplines to choose from, great campus dynamics, an active athletic/intramural department (for those who would like that), and friendly/supportive staff and fellow classmates. The emphasis on service and mission trips/volunteer work is commendable, as LLU seeks to provide whole-person development in their students.

Carla

Loma Linda University is a school that encourages academic excellence, a sense of camaraderie and fellowship and a dedication to developing a relationship with Christ. All these things and many more make Loma Linda University an amazing place to learn and grow. The motto of the institution is "To Make Man Whole" and faculty, staff and students embody this clause. The institution is committed to health and healing and I proud to not only be an alumna but a prospective student once again.

Ryan

Loma Linda is an excellent university in terms of academics and promoting spiritual growth in the classroom. The professors at Loma Linda are extremely passionate about what they teach and making sure that students can always reach them. If you like the feel of smaller classroom sizes, you will feel right at home. Their anesthesia program is ranked amongst the top in the nation, with a first time passing rate well above 90%. What the university does lack is student services. The cafeteria hours are extremely limited and serve the same food each week. The library does not have enough dedicated study rooms and staff are less than friendly to accommodate special needs. Considering Loma Linda is a small private university and does not have the advantages of public funding, the small inconveniences of poor student services is far outweighed by their premier academic standing.

Marie

The opportunity to work in the communinty and around the world as a health professional.

Hello Self, You've made it this far. You're distended to finish college ou just need to stay focused. Remember you do not always need to pile on a heavy loads, it is ok to relax sometimes. You re smart and know your information remember when you take you tests relax and breath. You will be a great nurse. Remember when you have trouble or feel down you do have people in you corner that can help you and who you can talk to. You don't have to hold it in. You have a road ahead of you but stay on the path and do not deveate from it. Know hat you are going through a process, a process that will not complete itself over night. You will do great. Good Luck.

Someone who likes to party and is still trying to find themselves as a person.

Katherine

When looking to the past there are many things which come to my mind that would be a great idea to tell myself when I was a senior in high school. Yet if I had told myself anything I would not have made the same mistakes, and as result I would not have managed my greatest successes which arose from those mistakes. One of the greatest treasures in life are the memories and mistakes each individual makes. It is because of the everyday big and small rewards and downfalls, that I have gained wisdom beyond my years, because there is value in every action taken or not taken within life. Ultimately, if I could go back I would tell myself to just try my best, which is just what I have done with my life so far.

Since I am not scheduled to begin attending the University until January the sixth, it is difficult for me to discern something as unsatisfactory concerning the school. Although I have heard that because of the fast pace of the courses it is often a struggle to keep up with all the work assigned. In fact I have already begun to study terms and definitions as a precursor to an exam which is supposed to take place within the first two weeks of school. Yet the nature of the program allows for accelerated graduation which is ideal for most.

Loma Linda University aims to submit students who have a strong ethical and moral background. In addition the University also promotes wholeness and a relationship with god, in essence the type of person who should attend Loma Linda is the type of person who wants to improve every aspect of their life. The friendly nature of the school gives a feeling of warmth that I have not experienced at any other school I have attended.

School of Medicine and perhaps healthcare professionals.

School of Medicine and perhaps healthcare professionals.

As a high school senior about to graduate, my companion was youth, and achieving the impossible had not yet been acquainted with the practical. I was going to go into college knowing exactly what I wanted to major in and what I was going to do with it. I had my ideals, but I learned the hard way about changing majors. Like a student cramming for an exam the next day, I labored over my career options and the best way to get there. Two unsuccessful major attempts later along with a short period of career research equaled a long period of delay for pursuing my undergraduate degree. People say hindsight is 20/20. It allows us the opportunity to look back on our lives and learn from our actions. Knowing about the expenses college tuition accrues, I would have counseled myself to start saving aside funds for college and to breathe easier while trying to figure out job profiles; that I didn’t need to adhere to the traditional undergraduate 4-year timetable. Everyone is different and it sometimes just takes a bit longer for people to find their niche.

The education costs at Loma Linda University require a lot out of your banking account and taking out loans seem to be the common norm in order to cover costs.

Christina

The emphasis on spirituality in healing.

The emphasis on spirituality in healing.

The best advice I could give myself for college would be to get a roommate. Although I am a social person and met people in my classes, I wish that I had formed some closer relationships during my undergraduate studies. Attending a university where I did not know anybody made it a little difficult to make friends. Having a roommate is probably the best way to transition into college because a roommate is an automatic companion. This person is going through many of the same things that you are going through and sharing this experience creates an instant bond. Having a roommate also makes it easier to meet other people. If you live alone (especially being a scared college freshman), it is less likely that will you to go out and participate in social activities. For example, when I was bored in college, I would watch television. Television is not exactly a social activity and although I felt an attachment to the characters in my shows, they did not fulfill my needs for real friends. If I had a roommate, I would have been less intimidated to go out into the real world, rather than just watching it on television.

I don't have anything negative to say because I am only starting graduate school at LLU this fall of 2012. I clicked the wrong answer, and there was no way to go back and change it on the survey.

Hiral

Loma Linda University doesn't lie when they say their motto is "To make man whole".

I would tell myself not to procrastinate or be lazy. After finishing one year of high school, I realized that education may be tough, but it is really important. I would say to be confident and be determined in everything you do. It is your life and you should make it the way you want it to be. And lastly, I would say to never give up and never think low of myself.

Someone who is willing to work hard and wants to go into the medical field. Loma Linda is very accepting of all students, regardless of race, ethnicity, etc.

Loma Linda University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.