The Woodlands, TX
Lone Star College System

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lone Star College System

Selena

A person that wants to earn their basic credits for less the cost of a four year university school.

The school is less than fifteen minutes away from my house and have small size class.

Caffery

It's pretty good. I mean, for a community college, it's pretty nice. They don't have old computers and other technology, it's all pretty up-to-date. The campus is nice. The landscaping is pretty pristine, and they keep it well groomed. The classrooms are alright. They need better desks and chairs in some. Many of the desks are too high/low and many chairs are old wooden ones that are really uncomfortable. It makes it hard to focus. They need more chairs in some rooms too. Some don't have enough. The organization is alright. They could be better at putting classes in appropriate rooms. For example, they have English classes in rooms with a bunch of computers. The teachers are pretty good. All in all, I'd say it's a pretty decent school.

Overall, the courses themselves are not bad. Some are pretty challenging and others are really easy, but, on average, the level of difficulty is just right; not too hard, but tough enough to make you actually learn the material.

Karen

The LoneStar College system is great for all kinds of people, I couldnt really say their is a type that couldnt attend our schools. Although a community college their is much diversity within us, even though we may be different we are all here for the same reason. That is to learn, the administrators and staff fulfill their duties to the best of their potential allowing us to fulfill our goals.

Finding a good, and close parking spot may be the most frustrating thing about LoneStar College. Because of their great reputation the schools continue to grow and students continue to flood the parking lots making it hard to find a nice close spot.

karissa

Start looking for scholarships NOW! Money was the only reason I was not able to atttend the college of my choice. My parents had no money saved for my college education and I figured I could search for money as a senior. Start as soon as possible raking in the cash because if I had, probably my freshman year would be paid for.

It's cheaper and I can get the same basics done at the 4 year university.

Someone who can't afford a 4 year university or just needs a certificate to start working immediately.

rosio

If I were to go back in time as a senior in high school I would encourage myself to be more outgoing and participate more in school activities and clubs. I would try to join outside organizations as well and begin to volunteer. I would seek more information as to what field of study would be the best for me. I would seek advising from the counselors available. I would have set a better plan for the future in regards to what path I should be on and how to stay on it. I would prepare myself and get everything organized so that my transition into college would be more of a sucess and I would end up where I want in my planned time.

I consider the atmosphere the best thing about my school. There are many clubs one can join and the students are all kind and welcoming. There is a lot of diversity among the college.

People who are not looking to excel in a career should not attend this college. People are are only trying to get money grom the government but, do not really want to pursue.

Christopher

I would explain to myself to go in more depth with my advisor and go over all the little facets that I needed to know in order to be successful at college. Rather than just taking classes that felt like they were right, immediately get on a degree plan and allow myself to have graduated when i needed to. I also would tell myself to focus harder in school, because I started off doing extremely well in my freshman year of college and then dropped down as my sophomore year began, all because I decided to focus too much on a dead end job than on my education.

To speak more to an advisor to avoid taking classes that I didn't need toward my degree and take the ones that are currently holding me back from my Associate's Degree.

The worst thing about Lone Star is that the schools operate as separate branches rather than a cohesive unit. I qualified for a scholarship through the school but was unable to receive it because I took more hours at one specific campus than at the one the scholarship was offered at. I don't feel like Lone Star College System is in actuality one system, but rather a network of smaller independent schools.

Lone Star College System administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.